Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, Thank you so much DP. The Hot Toys Gorillas are the only POTA figures I have open, all the rest of my POTA figures are in their boxes. I sold all of my open Sideshow apes but I still have a set of that I never opened. With the lack of characters i am running out of ideas on how to pose them. I have been tempted to open one of my Taylor Nova 2 packs.

guys i have a friend selling don post masks @ $200 each to raise funds. one is an orangutan. he has other lovely ape stuff some props and stuff. any takers?

he's got heston franciscus and a bunch of other framed signatures from beneath. if i remember correctly mcdowall as well. check out my wall on fb. it is too hard to post photos with my cell phone.

This isn't precisely POTA, but it is an ape...

Specifically, it's a gorilla figure my wife got me as a joke gift for my birthday last year. The face was very basic but had a good general shape.The fur is rabbit(like the original Kong puppets),She figured I could improve it a little...
The first shot is the un-painred re-sculpt,done with Magic-Sculpt.The eyes were inserted first,using a pair of plastic beads that I painted based on a Google search and the first Dianne Fossey article from National Geographic.The sculpt was done once the paint was THOROUGHLY dry...

Of course,it took 2 mixes of the Magic-Sculpt due to my tendency to futz with the details;after a while you just can't push the stuff any further.The paint scheme is a black base with a dry-brushed top coat of a custom mix I call"Kong"(guess what it was originally mixed for)....

I also re-sculpted the hands, which for some reason were originally done as though"palms down".As re-sculpted, they are now in a proper knuckle-walking position(yes, I know,OCD)...

Still a few tweaks needed, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I was originally thinking it was a female, but now I've decided it looks more like a sub-adult male(a "black-back").My wife's last contribution-his name"Jojo".He'll be displayed with her custom"Croft-esque"adventurer if she ever gets the head finished...PS

That is a really great looking figure. What scale is it? Is it possible to post a shot with a 1/6 scale figure?

Too bad it isn't articulated, but still a pretty realistic figure!

Yes indeed that Gorilla looks most impressive. Here is a picture I have been playing with.

Last edited:
Stickman,
Awesome! I can almost hear the gun fire.

Jessica,
Thank you so much. You made Lee Jin Darkin, the Devaronian possible.

I considered standing him next to one of apes in spacesuits and post it here. That way you would be sure to see it and be surprised. :D

Thank you again for sculpting the head and making the castings available.

I know you are busy on your other projects, but when you finish the Wolfman (Lak Sivrak), several of us fans will buy. I have bought wolfman hands and feet, etc.

Well, I finally got around to getting a scanner for my computer so I was able to scan some VERY old pictures of me hitting the Star Trek Conventions in the mid-'70's.

Here is my first encounter with an ape personality... Mark Lenard. I had him sign an POTA TV series posterbook. He told me I was the ONLY person with Ape memorabilia for him to sign.

l7wd.jpg

Here's the second time I met Mark... this time in my Don Post Gorilla mask and homemade general costume. I mentioned to Mark that this was the second time meeting him and he actually remembered signing the posterbook! VERY cool!

6vhh.jpg

so9o.jpg

He signed it "To Mike, My Best, Mark Lenard "Urko". I still have that costume and mask. My son wants to wear it this Halloween. VERY weird.

Here are some random pictures of me with other convention goers:

ho05.jpg

dycr.jpg

geps.jpg

Yep, this is definitely during the dark era of cosplay.

Back