Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am involved in both my own thread and this one due to the artwork being the basis for the upcoming sculpt. And my pricing is right in line with other similar companies such as Acme Archives.

Take care,

JV

I am involved in both my own thread and this one due to the artwork being the basis for the upcoming sculpt. And my pricing is right in line with other similar companies such as Acme Archives.

Take care,

JV

Why would I paint my own art in a PF thread?

Go troll someplace else.

I second that motion! :lecture The willingness of some losers to show the rest of the world just how incredibly stupid they are never ceases to amaze me. :duh Hopefully this clown will do us all a favour and take his circus act elsewhere. :pray:

Jerry, don't take the bait. This guy's not worth it. We all know how great your work is and all 3 prints I bought from you are worth every penny. They mean a lot to me, as my kids helped me pick out the frames for them. :)

I don't want to see you get treated like some of the losers in the DC section treated other artists.

I can't control what people think of my art, but I do know most of the LOTR "Ringers" are going to really love what SS is going to do with this sculpt! There's nothing like 3 dimensions!

JV

Well, to be fair to Ravaged, he did come to the PF thread to vent his PF concerns/frustrations. Even though the art print is supposed to form the basis of the PF's design, they are two separate matters; ie at this point in time, sideshow can always choose a different artistic interpretation if a large number of people are opposed to JV's artistic interpretation.

What I'll like to have here is an open discussion on this PF and to be able to hear the opinions of other potential buyers out there who may not necessarily be fans of JV's Sauron interpretation.

We all know that designers do read these boards. So if there are issues to be ironed out, now is the time.

NB: I think what we're also looking for is people to give constructive views rather than just tell us "oh man the pose sucks !!!!!,!!!1111!!!" and don't elaborate why.

FYI: JV I'm a big fan of yours... The actor-likeness of your paintings are crazy.

Last edited:
Well I don't like the way the left leg looks like in the print and hope the PF doesn't look that way... comes off very feminine & weak......:lecture

Jerry's artwork is amazing but I would definitely like to see an adjustment to the left leg for the Premium Format statue.
A pose with a raised leg like that takes away from the evilness of the character imho.

Not being sarcastic at all.... not that it would stop me from picking it up but that leg does need some tweaking.

042511sauron.jpg

Captain%20Morgan.jpg

I think the leg looks funny because it is behind the body. It kind of reminds me of the Darkchylde comiquette legs. Maybe its just the angle its painted which makes it look awkward.

Well, to be fair to Ravaged, he did come to the PF thread to vent his PF concerns/frustrations. Even though the art print is supposed to form the basis of the PF's design, they are two separate matters; ie at this point in time, sideshow can always choose a different artistic interpretation if a large number of people are opposed to JV's artistic interpretation.

What I'll like to have here is an open discussion on this PF and to be able to hear the opinions of other potential buyers out there who may not necessarily be fans of JV's Sauron interpretation.

We all know that designers do read these boards. So if there are issues to be ironed out, now is the time.

NB: I think what we're also looking for is people to give constructive views rather than just tell us "oh man the pose sucks !!!!!,!!!1111!!!" and don't elaborate why.

FYI: JV I'm a big fan of yours... The actor-likeness of your paintings are crazy.

And here I thought he's just a pimply-faced teenager somewhere between 15-17 years of age, rude, sarcastic, and not too bright. :dunno

But that explains it.....he's frustrated/concerned about a PF that hasn't been produced yet because based on his expertise in the field of human physiology the left leg in Jerry's artwork doesn't work for him. This frustration logically lead him take a shot at Jerry [accusing him of price-gouging], and when Jerry calmly explained himself he fired back with another pointless, smart a$$ remark.....does that about sum things up?

As for the pose it looks completely natural to me. I don't see anything weak or feminine about a Sauron with his foot firmly planted on the helm and skull of a High Elven warrior and the results of his devastating power and wickedness displayed all around him. :dunno Nor do I see a leg positioned behind the body.....:confused:

Last edited:
I have really liked that poses for a lot of the Premium Format line have some momentum to them, and are far less static than other statue lines I have collected. This pose works for me, but I can understand that it won't be to everyone's liking.

It sounds like any sort of sneak peek of the actual sculpt is quite a ways off, but getting to see the artwork that is the inspiration has been a lot of fun. My concern for jumping in and buying Jerry's artwork is that I won't be able to stop collecting some of the other artwork he makes!!

Back