Sandtrooper w/ Orange Pauldron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just strip it down, remove the screws in the butt plate to get to the inner workings of the hips. There are disks on both hip ball joints and a plastic "wall" between them that the disks rub against. I just added some ace bandage/band aid material to both sides of the wall to increase the friction on the disks to keep the legs from flopping around.

I think I posted some pics of the mod in one of the Trooper threads.

Sounds easy enough... Got any ankle advice?

They did manage to get us to buy two though. If the orange was the first release I bet most would buy only the one....

It wouldn't really surprise me to see some of these at a really low price down the line. Just a hunch but it seems like, unless you're an army builder, three Sandtroopers in anyone's collection starts to feel like overkill after awhile. :huh

I'll be pretty happy too own all 3.

Just strip it down, remove the screws in the butt plate to get to the inner workings of the hips. There are disks on both hip ball joints and a plastic "wall" between them that the disks rub against. I just added some ace bandage/band aid material to both sides of the wall to increase the friction on the disks to keep the legs from flopping around.

I think I posted some pics of the mod in one of the Trooper threads.

Easy as it might be, not something i want to do to a 100$+ fig. (or should have to)

Hopefully they just get them tight this time.

I still think people are not being vocal enough to SS on this issue. You'd think they'd want to fix this issue, they're losing $ from a customer, i have not bought one trooper because of this when I WANT TO.

all my troopers have been pretty good. not as tight as i would like but they aren't flopping around either. and they can hold their poses. all my figures use the stand no matter how sturdy they are. shelves get bumped. ____ happens. looking foward to this orange version and the black version too. i love troopers. the more the merrier.

all my troopers have been pretty good. not as tight as i would like but they aren't flopping around either. and they can hold their poses. all my figures use the stand no matter how sturdy they are. shelves get bumped. ____ happens. looking foward to this orange version and the black version too. i love troopers. the more the merrier.

That's no lie. :( My Shock Trooper took a 4-foot plummet from its perch on my Reactor Station Alpha dio. The foot snapped off at the ankle. Unrepairable, I'm afraid. And with so much coming in lately, I can't afford a replacement.

Your probably right but I do think it will be a somewhat large minority.
Looking forward to these shipping next week.

I am part of that minority group, ordered all 3 with an extra Black one.:D

Can't wait for this too. The big gun look impressive.

with only SS coming out with these troopers , even if one complain one will likely still end up buying. So I reckon there will be no reaction from SS. I just dont understand why SS just cant improve on the body on the joints. Someone did open up the body and all SS need is to expose those screw head for us collector to tighten the joints and everyone is happy. :emperor

I ordered 3 of these troopers too. Waiting for the orange and black...

Back