Sandtrooper w/ Black Pauldron - B&W Friday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. It's just that shipping and tax are higher then when ordered from SSC directly, for international and European collectors anyways. But, with SSC's policy towards us lately, it might not make a big difference anymore.

Just as an illustration: 12" bought from StarWarsShop some time ago:

figure: $ 129
shipping: $ 41
tax: $ 37
handling fee: $ 15

When was the last time you payed $93 on top of retail for a 12" figure?

Maybe it's time to move out of the boonies? :dunno

Agreed. It's just that shipping and tax are higher then when ordered from SSC directly, for international and European collectors anyways. But, with SSC's policy towards us lately, it might not make a big difference anymore.

Just as an illustration: 12" bought from StarWarsShop some time ago:

figure: $ 129
shipping: $ 41
tax: $ 37
handling fee: $ 15

When was the last time you payed $93 on top of retail for a 12" figure?

GeezLoueez. I'd never survive this hobby if I had to pay that.

Which do people prefer: Alterego or BigBadToyStore?

I haven't ordered from either previously so I have no idea who tends to ship more quickly or has better customer service. Currently I have another pre-order with BigBad, but that isn't much of a deciding factor.

Which do people prefer: Alterego or BigBadToyStore?

I haven't ordered from either previously so I have no idea who tends to ship more quickly or has better customer service. Currently I have another pre-order with BigBad, but that isn't much of a deciding factor.
they both ship fast from my experiences. i usually use BBTS cuz i buy so much from them that i can save on shipping with the Pile of Loot function.

they both ship fast from my experiences. i usually use BBTS cuz i buy so much from them that i can save on shipping with the Pile of Loot function.

Ooh yeah, that is a nice bonus - thanks for reminding me about the pile of loot function! Since I have some other stuff pre-ordered there, might as well go that route.

You think it's bad now? Just wait until the federal government imposes a MANDATORY internet tax.

* How else do you think they are going to make up the stimulus deficit?

$93 on top of retail is outrageous......

Well $63 of that is the distance (I assume the handling price is something the shipper imposes). $37 of that is compulsory government financing. That's over 1/3 of the total you pay. That must suck.

For the same reason, I'd think Californians would be happier with this because they don't have to pay their astronomical sales tax. Or does California impose use tax as well? (Maine does, but they can suck it.)

You think it's bad now? Just wait until the federal government imposes a MANDATORY internet tax.

* How else do you think they are going to make up the stimulus deficit?

Bite your tongue. :mad::mad::mad:

:emperor
:lsvader

Sorry to hear Europe is having a hard time with this.........

Aside from the availability issue, I am loving the group shot on the SS site...

I feel there is still something missing from the group photo - that little flying Droid.:D

I hope Sideshow will come to that in time.:)

So are there any offical retailers in the UK for this?
To be honest this new sideshow retailer exclusive and the fact they're going to close the EU warehouse just plain sucks. Now more customs fees to deal with -_-. You buy every exclusive from them and this is how they repay you.

I didn't know they were closing the EU warehouse?

That Really sucks!

Sideshow just priced me out of their products. The quality of the finished products does not, to me, justify another price increase (more customs charges).

Guess I'll buy far fewer items and be more selective. I think I'll be moving over to more Hot Toys stuff, and pay a bit more, but get better quality (no more floppy bodies).

A real shame if that's how it pans out as I'll miss a lot of Star Wars Stuff I would like to own, but Ce La Vie!

EDIT: LOL I hadn't read the Newsletter before I posted... I will obviously be ordering The Emperor and Chair and to Hell with the cost!!! Ha Ha, I'm so fickle!

Last edited:
I got mine last night from BBTS since I have ordered from them many times and trust them to continue to have great customer service!

So are there any offical retailers in the UK for this?
To be honest this new sideshow retailer exclusive and the fact they're going to close the EU warehouse just plain sucks. Now more customs fees to deal with -_-. You buy every exclusive from them and this is how they repay you.

I feel exactly the same. Except for the items which they don't offer, everything I have comes from Sideshow directly. And this is how they repay the loyalty. I buy from them since 2004.

Back