Sandtrooper w/ Black Pauldron - B&W Friday

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I told you guys twice already... its an "AFFILIATE" exclusive, so any distributor, --> stores that deal with their regional distributors can get these

this Sandtrooper wont be available through Sideshow, they are NOT selling it through the site. You can ONLY get this from a retail store which carries Sideshow product

That is what I had heard too from my local shop (Toy Anxiety).

Didn't go up for per-order tonight and there's no mention about it in the newsletter. Would have been nice if they would have given us a little information about this. I agree with most folks here. I think this will be an exclusive for SS retailers like BBTS, Toy Anxiety, Alter Ego, Brians Toys, etc. Guess we'll have to wait and see. . .

got alterego's newsletter and it seems the trooper will be available at official SS retailers. It didn't say it was the black pauldron trooper, but it will be revealed next week. Seems like the mostlikely candidate.

Retailer Exclusive Sideshow 12 Inch Figure to be Revealed Next Week

Sideshow Collectibles is announcing a new 12 inch action figure which will be exclusive to Sideshow Authorized Retailers (like Alter Ego Comics). Watch next week's newsletter for the big announcement.

got alterego's newsletter and it seems the trooper will be available at official SS retailers. It didn't say it was the black pauldron trooper, but it will be revealed next week. Seems like the mostlikely candidate.

Retailer Exclusive Sideshow 12 Inch Figure to be Revealed Next Week

Sideshow Collectibles is announcing a new 12 inch action figure which will be exclusive to Sideshow Authorized Retailers (like Alter Ego Comics). Watch next week's newsletter for the big announcement.

Thanks...! So, this is not going to be a PPO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Just kidding

So Sideshow themselves won't be carrying this? That sounds really odd. Oh well. I guess I'll just go with the guys with the cheapest price. Any idea if this is supposed to be an in-stock item?

So Sideshow themselves won't be carrying this? That sounds really odd. Oh well. I guess I'll just go with the guys with the cheapest price. Any idea if this is supposed to be an in-stock item?

I sure hope so. There are quite a few e-tailers out there who have a bad habit of taking more preorders than incoming stock and have a bad habit of letting the customer know they exceeded their limit via a cancellation notice well after they're long sold out elsewhere. It'd suck to think you've got one secured only to get that little "haha **** you!" email from one.

Maybe Sideshow is getting tired of having to keep up the customer service on the figures and is teasting the waters to see if the problem falls off any if we have to go through retailers to get it done.

Maybe Sideshow is getting tired of having to keep up the customer service on the figures and is teasting the waters to see if the problem falls off any if we have to go through retailers to get it done.

No, more likely it's just to give something back to the retailers.

No, more likely it's just to give something back to the retailers.

I hope not. Because that would be a HUGE step in the realization of my fears that this line might become a retailer exclusive driven line like Hasbro's 3 3/4" line.

And THAT is why I stopped collecting them.

If SSC is not selling this figure via their online store, then I doubt we are going to see this figure at a cheaper price from retail. As I see it, the main reason why most retailers currently sell at slightly below recommended retail price is because they need to discount their figures against SSC's Rewards Points System and SSC's Customer Service Reputation. Without these 2 key reasons in place, we may even see retailers bumping up the prices for this figure versus their recommended retail price. If that is true, then most of us would probably have to fork out more than the current $110 for a 1/6 Sandtrooper.

If SSC is not selling this figure via their online store, then I doubt we are going to see this figure at a cheaper price from retail. As I see it, the main reason why most retailers currently sell at slightly below recommended retail price is because they need to discount their figures against SSC's Rewards Points System and SSC's Customer Service Reputation. Without these 2 key reasons in place, we may even see retailers bumping up the prices for this figure versus their recommended retail price. If that is true, then most of us would probably have to fork out more than the current $110 for a 1/6 Sandtrooper.

I think it'll depend on the retailers for what it's priced at. I'm guessing we'll see it anywhere from $80 to potentially ridiculously greedy high price of $200+ depending on who has it and how long it takes to sell out. I seriously doubt retailers would bite if Sideshow's offering it at a higher price for a color variant of a figure most of us will already own two of. And the fact that most of us will already own two will keep most customers from biting if it's priced too high.

Back