S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my BN Android 17 yesterday. The outside of the android 17 box had some minor shelf wear (white corners etc.) and when I looked the box was double taped. I cut the "new Tape" and saw that someone opened the inner flap bc it was already bent. I am furious.. the figure itself and accessories all seem brand new though. Everything was wrapped and there are no signs of "used". I am going to call them today and flip.

Are you talking about the brown shipper box or the actual figure box with the art on it?

I personally think if they cant manage a deal to re issue or do a 2.0 version of vegeta they need to go ahead and make another version of a super saiyan vegeta so people can at least have him in their collections.

What you say here is at the end of the day what it comes down to, I agree.

SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta are too iconic to not be readily available every so often. With Goku that's fixed, now they need to do it with Vegeta.

You're probably right with licensing and contract barriers, but the only workaround is to keep releasing new versions of vegeta. And that is what they should do imo. If that's the only thing they can resort to. But not having him available, not even any version of him, is just stupid imo. They're not rereleasing goku for nothing, they have to bite the bullet that vegeta was the first web exclusive and deal with it in SOME way and give the consumers clarity about it. Especially when they keep advertising Vegeta. If that means vegeta gets more new releases than any other char, so be it. They've unintentionally backed themselves into that corner then.

No Tamashii isn't run by idiots, surely, but not answering the market demand for vegeta is at the very least weird economically speaking, from whatever company's point of view. And that's what treefitty's argument boils down to. You can think it's oversimplified but at the end of the day this is business, and it DOES revolve around money. If there's money to be made assuredly, there's ways to make it happen. If companies teach us anything, it's that. And whatever reason there exists, they've never given one that's of any legal variety (for rereleases yes, but not for just making more versions of vegeta in general).

It's clear that Tamashii's in turmoil about this, for whatever reason. And until then we as consumers can only speculate, lobby, and ultimately, shrug.:dunno

I actually can't think of any company besides tamashii that doesn't just shamelessly cashes in on the proven popularity of a character. Can anybody mention any examples? Mafex is already releasing a TDKR Batman 2.0 and another spiderman, hot toys and sideshow churn out iron man and troopers like mad men. Hasbro's level of producing wolverine;s probably added significantly to the ozone layer's decay. Black series is already reissueing. Figma's already in the 2.0 business. Play Arts Kay sure as hell cashes in on favorites.

Tamashii's the only one I know that's this cautious to just cash in on popularity. Maybe Broly will deliver the final push, who knows.

Apparently there were 2 NYCC interviews with the Bandai/Tamashii representative and he stated "We already have all the data for Dragon Ball. So, we know exactly the game plan that's been laid out." I would assume by "data" he means survey. Edited: He mentioned the survey and explained that was the reason for Broly.

I actually can't think of any company besides tamashii that doesn't just shamelessly cashes in on the proven popularity of a character. Can anybody mention any examples? Mafex is already releasing a TDKR Batman 2.0 and another spiderman, hot toys and sideshow churn out iron man and troopers like mad men. Hasbro's level of producing wolverine;s probably added significantly to the ozone layer's decay. Black series is already reissueing. Figma's already in the 2.0 business. Play Arts Kay sure as hell cashes in on favorites.

Tamashii's the only one I know that's this cautious to just cash in on popularity. Maybe Broly will deliver the final push, who knows.
Mafex's Spider-Man is from a different movie and is a different sculpt plus paint job. The only thing re-used are the webs I think. Though Tamashii did make multiple Megaman X Zeros in the D-Arts line and in the Figuarts line, we just got another Zero.

Play Arts might be the worst in cashing in on a popular character what with endless Big Bosses from Meta Gear, and the insane amount of Batman last year

I can name one example: Neither TakaraTomy nor Hasbro rerelease Masterpiece Optimus Prime despite the fact that he is the main TF character and is essentially used to advertise any new Masterpiece TF releases...

Mafex's Spider-Man is from a different movie and is a different sculpt plus paint job. The only thing re-used are the webs I think. Though Tamashii did make multiple Megaman X Zeros in the D-Arts line and in the Figuarts line, we just got another Zero.

Play Arts might be the worst in cashing in on a popular character what with endless Big Bosses from Meta Gear, and the insane amount of Batman last year

Ftr I meant rereleasing a character, not its mould. Vegeta as a character should be pretty much as available as Goku, beyond any others.

I think especially in the west it's fair to say half of DBZ's popularity is owed to Vegeta. Hell, even his creator, who actively dislikes him, couldn't ignore his popularity. They have a regular release Gohan too that they're rereleasing, so Goku, Gohan and Piccolo are all covered, it's just a damn shame Vegeta fell on the wrong side of the jump into web exclusives. They can't leave that unadressed... Vegeta is entirely locked within the web exclusive part of this line and that is an issue they need to solve. By rereleases, by new releases, I personally don't demand anything specific. I just think a form of vegeta should be available to newcomers every year. Only goes for Goku and Vegeta, and by a lucky chance we have gohan and piccolo available too, albeit in manga colours. And that's something I see pretty much every company do except Tamashii, when it concerns the most popular characters.

Different thing: @Bane I actually really like the fact that Vegeta struggles whether he has to jump in with gohan and cell, I actively appreciate that because it shows his internal struggle with his character and the way he changes as a person. That moment where he finally decides to step in and powers up is one of my favorite moments of that saga. He really, definitively changes something about himself in doing that. He chooses to help others rather than do what his warrior code demands of him. The build up to it is excellent imo.

I can name one example: Neither TakaraTomy nor Hasbro rerelease Masterpiece Optimus Prime despite the fact that he is the main TF character and is essentially used to advertise any new Masterpiece TF releases...

MP-1 Convoy
(2003)

MP-4 Convoy Perfect Edition
(2006/10-01-2009)

MP-10 Convoy
(9-24-2011)

MP-1 Convoy
(Lucky Draw figure, 2004)

MP-1B Convoy Black Ver.
(11-21-2009/1-2010)

MP-4S Convoy Sleep Mode
(6-2010)

MP-1L Convoy Last Production
(3-26-2011)

MP-10B Black Convoy
(3-30-2013)

MP-10A Convoy (BAPE exclusive)
(2014)

MP-10E Convoy "Eva" (Evangelion)
(2014)

20th Anniversary Optimus Prime
(2003/2004)

20th Anniversary DVD Edition Optimus Prime
(Classics, 2006)

Masterpiece Optimus Prime
(Transformers, 2012)

Year of the Horse Optimus Prime
(Platinum Edition, 2014)

Bluefin just tweeted they're out of Broly. So sick.

I think Blood you can start pinning a wedding date. You know, for Nappa?

:yess::blissy

anyhoooo, my beast arrived today :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ftr I meant rereleasing a character, not its mould. Vegeta as a character should be pretty much as available as Goku, beyond any others.

I think especially in the west it's fair to say half of DBZ's popularity is owed to Vegeta. Hell, even his creator, who actively dislikes him, couldn't ignore his popularity. They have a regular release Gohan too that they're rereleasing, so Goku, Gohan and Piccolo are all covered, it's just a damn shame Vegeta fell on the wrong side of the jump into web exclusives. They can't leave that unadressed... Vegeta is entirely locked within the web exclusive part of this line and that is an issue they need to solve. By rereleases, by new releases, I personally don't demand anything specific. I just think a form of vegeta should be available to newcomers every year. Only goes for Goku and Vegeta, and by a lucky chance we have gohan and piccolo available too, albeit in manga colours. And that's something I see pretty much every company do except Tamashii, when it concerns the most popular characters.

Different thing: @Bane I actually really like the fact that Vegeta struggles whether he has to jump in with gohan and cell, I actively appreciate that because it shows his internal struggle with his character and the way he changes as a person. That moment where he finally decides to step in and powers up is one of my favorite moments of that saga. He really, definitively changes something about himself in doing that. He chooses to help others rather than do what his warrior code demands of him. The build up to it is excellent imo.
I guess that's true, but most of what we mentioned used the same mold. And yes, Vegeta helped make DBZ what it was. I'm surprised Toriyama didn't like Vegeta honestly, and wonder why. You're also right on how we need a version of each character available for the masses. Which I think should maybe apply to the final form of the villains as well, if we ever get Kid Buu. Even if newcomers can't get everything, getting a form of each main character should be enough since I don't think some people will get EVERY release in this line - not just SDCC exclusives but some of the characters like the Android, I can't see the average fan going for.

Vegeta in general during that fight was great. His awestruck reaction to Gohan, the son of his rival, surpassing him, realizing what Trunks did for him and how awful he as a father was to him, to even realizing his rage against Cell made things worse. He even said sorry to Gohan since he denied another Saiyan victory (or was it something else?) and then he helps out Gohan. Then there's his last words on the fight when everyone's gone, how Goku died without fear.

That is ****ing awesome, blood.

At those that have been talking 2.0, here's what the Bandai/Tamashii representative began to say; "One other option would be to change the product specification. Do something else with it. Some other Super Saiyan Vegeta version." Then the interview cut him off! :gah: The representative had the :dunno face after the interviewer made a specific suggestion but it seemed like he would have continued talking about it.

Haha that's awesome, blood-sama however, what will you do with your Scultures 16 once the figuarts version makes it obsolete? :monkey3

Back