S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not happy with barnes n noble though.shipped my android 17 in some crappy box and top of my box was partly crushed and torn.

I think that has a lot to do with the quantity produced though. Those who bought from Bluefin directly were stating that it will be gone quickly due to the low production. Which has me worried that Tamashii doesn't know how big their market is or there's other factors to consider; popularity and future scalping to name a couple.

Well yes that's pretty much what I meant. These aren't lingering around as much and it's probably the result of multiple factors.

FSLAR is right. A 2.0 wouldn't damage the value of the original that much. Hot Toys has examples of that.

But you're also right Angelo. There is not much to improve upon with the current SSJ Vegeta figure.

The reason I bring up a 2.0 isn't to try and diminish the initial release, but the way Tamashii runs things right now, a Vegeta 2.0 is the only way I see of getting that version of Vegeta again.

Sorry Silrian, I don't collect Fate Figma but I'll keep an eye out!

I'm not an advocate for the whole value treatment on initial releases of these collectibles. I just thought that was an important factor for Tamashii and the entire web exclusivity, which is why I brought it up and wanted to discuss it. If there's truly no disadvantages, then Tamashii should just come right out and reissue Super Saiyan Vegeta rather than mess around with a 2.0.

It's interesting to look at this line based on Sagas/Arcs...(I'm going to repeat a few of them if they fit in that specific Saga/Arc and exclude the SDCC versions)

Saiyan Saga - 2 figures: Piccolo and Scouter Vegeta

Namek/Ginyu/Frieza Saga - 2 figures: Piccolo and Final Form Frieza

Android/Cell/Cell Games Saga - 11 figures: Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan (2) Gohan, Super Saiyan Vegeta, Future Trunks, Perfect Cell, Krillin, Normal Goku, Android 18, Android 17, and Android 16 (12 if you include Broly since his first movie took place between Cell and Cell Games.)

World Tournament/Buu Saga - 7 (maybe 8?) figures: Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Normal Goku, Vegito, Ultimate Gohan, and Super Buu(s)

Dragon Ball GT - 1 figure: Super Saiyan 4 Goku Edited: 2 figures for Piccolo

we dont know what that license says between bandai has with dbz. Broken or not they have to follow the rules. Im sure the figuarts zero re issue was agreed by both partners. Remember this line tanked, so the contract might of changed and they made the figures exclusive to try and revive the line. There are millions of dollars in these figures and they are not stupid nor blind. If their goal was to sell 10,000 trunks, the goal was achieved not every company decides to go back and re issue it.Like many of you stated scalping doesnt affect them they made their money. also look at how many dbz lines they have now. Figuarts, figuarts zero, tamashi buddies , and figuarts zero ex. So why go back to re issues now when there is so much going on.once the hype dies down they might go back and begin re issuing to squeeze the last amount they can. Also it might be based on cost. IT might not be the same cost to make that trunks with all those accessories now as it was then. None of us know exactly whats preventing them, but what i do know is that they've been around for years and they are not idiots like some people make them seem. They are not blind and im sure they monitor the figures just like we do. You never know what will happen. look at medicos goku statue finally re issued after years of being scalped.

I don't take people who buy these things for their monetary value into account when I form my opinion, sorry. I also don't think it'd make much difference if they rereleased something or gave it an upgraded release. The value of the former would fall anyway. But maybe hot toys collecters can chime in on this, but plenty of companies do it and the few people that wine because they suddenly own something that's worth less... yeah sorry, uh this isn't about your freakin mortgage, pension, car or a milion dollar comic book. I just don't care about this attitude. These things aren't relics or gold bars. They're action figures with a retail price lower than what you pay for a hip new pair of pants around here. Don't buy this stuff for its value, buy stuff because you wanna own that stuff. That's where I come from. Feel free to disagree. Sorry if it feels demeaning to some, but this isn't a freakin diamond exchange. I prefer some more perspective. If you're gonna rerelease something anyway, might as well improve it. Simple as that in my eyes.

To boot, for diehard collectors the 2.0 version would be worth getting, as you could tell one release apart from the other. Whereas a simple rerelease would solely devalue the product... As soon as they release a new ssj vegeta, the old one will start to skydive in price, doesn't really matter what they do. They will release some form of ssj vegeta at some point in time (unless tamashii's 'totes cra-cra' ) and then you can kiss your 600$ scalper paycheck goodbye.

As far as I'm concerned the sooner, the better. :impatient:

hot toys work a little different, Since they are based on movies where the characters always get an updated costume the newer one always depreciates its predecessor. In very rare cases the new figure doesnt look as good shooting up the prices of the original even higher, loki for example. Now for the figures that they dont re issue or come out with a 2.0 they only go up in price. Take hot toys leonidas for example or bane. I thinks lot of people are missing the fact that figuarts are marketed as collectors items not toys. Meaning they make limited amounts hence why we pre order, I know none of you guys ever pre ordered a jakks figure lol. So essentially some people are more then happy to pay scalper prices for an item they want enough, and thats part of collecting. Plenty of people paid 400-600$ for hot toys leonidas now when he first came out he sold for like 130 and even dropped under 100 because of bad sales. Same with figuarts and same with anything that is a collectible including beanie babies lol. whats the difference in paying 200 dollars for a sdcc gohan that used to be 33 and paying 500 dollars for a hot toys leonidas that was sold for 120$. Answer is nothing lol every thing thats a collectable will eventually get scalped. and the scalping is caused by the collectors not the sellers.

It's not like these are international trade guidelines that they are forced to follow. It's a self imposed internal policy that most likely can be changed at a morning meeting. Here's how the meeting should go:

Guy 1: "I like money"
Guy 2: "I can't believe you also like money"
Guy 1: "Let's rerelease Vegeta, Trunks, and SSJ 3 Goku and make lots of money"
Guy 2: "I like money"

And here's our reaction:
99.9% of the people who collect the figures: "YES! Take my money!!!"
.1% of the people who collect the figures: "NO!!! My multiple purchases of rare figures are now worth less money! How dare Bandai devalue my investments!"

we dont know what that license says between bandai has with dbz. Broken or not they have to follow the rules. Im sure the figuarts zero re issue was agreed by both partners. Remember this line tanked, so the contract might of changed and they made the figures exclusive to try and revive the line. There are millions of dollars in these figures and they are not stupid nor blind. If their goal was to sell 10,000 trunks, the goal was achieved not every company decides to go back and re issue it.Like many of you stated scalping doesnt affect them they made their money. also look at how many dbz lines they have now. Figuarts, figuarts zero, tamashi buddies , and figuarts zero ex. So why go back to re issues now when there is so much going on.once the hype dies down they might go back and begin re issuing to squeeze the last amount they can. Also it might be based on cost. IT might not be the same cost to make that trunks with all those accessories now as it was then. None of us know exactly whats preventing them, but what i do know is that they've been around for years and they are not idiots like some people make them seem. They are not blind and im sure they monitor the figures just like we do. You never know what will happen. look at medicos goku statue finally re issued after years of being scalped.

To supply the market with the #2 character from the franchise who has no current plans of a release within the next year. Now, not that many have agreed with my theory, I feel Tamashii needs to have one release of Goku ahead of Vegeta at all times. So once Super Saiyan 4 Goku is announced and given a set release date, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vegeta display immediately after. Anyways, reissues seem to have no affect on the other Dragon Ball Z products. Tamashii is releasing 7 Dragon Ball Z related products within 5 months, 2 of them being reissues. Further reissues could be discussed but Super Saiyan Vegeta SHOULD be reissued if Tamashii wants to relieve the pressure for its demand which will only continue to grow. Especially if Vegeta is going to have a prominent role in the next Dragon Ball Z movie. So, come to think of it, Tamashii MAY have plans of a Vegeta release around the time Resurrection of F is released in the Western market but that's not until 2016.

It's not like these are international trade guidelines that they are forced to follow. It's a self imposed internal policy that most likely can be changed at a morning meeting. Here's how the meeting should go:

Guy 1: "I like money"
Guy 2: "I can't believe you also like money"
Guy 1: "Let's rerelease Vegeta, Trunks, and SSJ 3 Goku and make lots of money"
Guy 2: "I like money"

And here's our reaction:
99.9% of the people who collect the figures: "YES! Take my money!!!"
.1% of the people who collect the figures: "NO!!! My multiple purchases of rare figures are now worth less money! How dare Bandai devalue my investments!"

lmao if it were that simple it would've been done.... There's contracts and licenses that were made and not easily broken. thats why you see so many proto types saying license pending etc. ITs actually very complicated and has to do with multiple companies investing not just one guy saying lets do it. We will never know those deals so anything said is speculation we can just leave it at that.

To supply the market with the #2 character from the franchise who has no current plans of a release within the next year. Now, not that many have agreed with my theory, I feel Tamashii needs to have one release of Goku ahead of Vegeta at all times. So once Super Saiyan 4 Goku is announced and given a set release date, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Vegeta display immediately after. Anyways, reissues seem to have no affect on the other Dragon Ball Z products. Tamashii is releasing 7 Dragon Ball Z related products within 5 months, 2 of them being reissues. Further reissues could be discussed but Super Saiyan Vegeta SHOULD be reissued if Tamashii wants to relieve the pressure for its demand which will only continue to grow. Especially if Vegeta is going to have a prominent role in the next Dragon Ball Z movie. So, come to think of it, Tamashii MAY have plans of a Vegeta release around the time Resurrection of F is released in the Western market but that's not until 2016.

I agree with you about the re releasing part, and who knows maybe they are waiting for the movie to drop. I also agree that if they make ssj 4 goku vegeta needs to be shown soon after. Either way tamashii cant do that without the big boys saying yay or nay and those are bandai-namco and Funimation which i believe are the owners of dbz. If Funimation says no to anything it wont happen its that simple. For example lets assume the line was tanking (which it was) and Funimation says you arent meeting the required amount of profit to continue this line so we can back out of the contract since you (bandai) arent making the amount of profit said in the contract. Bandai says lets make the line exclusive lower the amount of figures made, and see if the line gets popular again. Funimations says sure they make the contract etc this is where no re issues and a certain amount of figures can be made etc was made. For them to break that contract or over ride it for certain situations all parties must agree on it. So it isnt just as simple as tamashii saying we are re release give me your money the end everyone is happy.

I personally think if they cant manage a deal to re issue or do a 2.0 version of vegeta they need to go ahead and make another version of a super saiyan vegeta so people can at least have him in their collections.

I agree with you about the re releasing part, and who knows maybe they are waiting for the movie to drop. I also agree that if they make ssj 4 goku vegeta needs to be shown soon after. Either way tamashii cant do that without the big boys saying yay or nay and those are bandai-namco and Funimation which i believe are the owners of dbz. If Funimation says no to anything it wont happen its that simple. For example lets assume the line was tanking (which it was) and Funimation says you arent meeting the required amount of profit to continue this line so we can back out of the contract since you (bandai) arent making the amount of profit said in the contract. Bandai says lets make the line exclusive lower the amount of figures made, and see if the line gets popular again. Funimations says sure they make the contract etc this is where no re issues and a certain amount of figures can be made etc was made. For them to break that contract or over ride it for certain situations all parties must agree on it. So it isnt just as simple as tamashii saying we are re release give me your money the end everyone is happy.

I personally think if they cant manage a deal to re issue or do a 2.0 version of vegeta they need to go ahead and make another version of a super saiyan vegeta so people can at least have him in their collections.

That a very interesting theory but that doesn't seem to be the problem though. The Bandai/Tamashii representative at NYCC stated "We don't have a set policy on reissues for web exclusives..." and "We haven't decided our policy on the web exclusives yet..." but then continues to state that it's due to the exclusivity in Japan where they have to think carefully about reissuing Super Saiyan Vegeta. So the topic has been discussed internally but no where have they stated publicly that it's due to their contracting or licensing with Funimation/Toei. So, according to that specific evidence, it may very well actually be as simple as Tamashii making a decision. It's all speculation, of course, but that's the most information that has been given in regards to this specific topic.

Pretty neat. I wish they would release battle damage versions of characters, since it would work perfect for Goku in this season.
They need to get Gokus gi right before they start making damaged versions of it [emoji14]

Namek Goku is still my top wanted Goku figure, suffice to say :)

not happy with barnes n noble though.shipped my android 17 in some crappy box and top of my box was partly crushed and torn.

I just got my BN Android 17 yesterday. The outside of the android 17 box had some minor shelf wear (white corners etc.) and when I looked the box was double taped. I cut the "new Tape" and saw that someone opened the inner flap bc it was already bent. I am furious.. the figure itself and accessories all seem brand new though. Everything was wrapped and there are no signs of "used". I am going to call them today and flip.

Back