S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From BBTS

WTH? why do they keep reissuing the same figure?

Simple.

Goku is THE main character and his Super Saiyan 1 form is the TOP-SELLING DBZ merchandise product.

Look at A LOT of DBZ figurines, most, if not, ALL have Goku's SS1 form. They also have it as among the FIRST issued products. First DBZ Figuarts was SSJ Goku, first Figuarts ZERO was SSJ Goku, etc. etc. Before they even made Figuarts Regular Goku, they made Super Saiyan 1 Goku.

This also follows toy product "protocol". Why with Marvel, Transformers, and G.I. Joe toys do they always, ALWAYS put more Spider-man, Captain America, Optimus Prime, Bumble Bee, Snake-Eyes, Storm Shadow figures out? Because they're guaranteed sales and they're the highest-selling product out of ALL the characters. Why do you see Batman and Superman selling everywhere and not the minor DC characters? Because they're the high sellers, the most recognizable and marketable. Yes, Goku sells better than ANYONE in the DBZ Figuarts line. And as a business, if you want a line to keep its "presence", even with new collectors, it's beneficial to keep the MAIN character available. I said it before, but if people are going to buy ONE DBZ S.H. Figuarts, it's likely going to be Goku.

Keep in mind, re-issues DO NOT affect Tamashii's regular *new* releases. They're just filler in-between the new releases. Also, Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku has SOLD OUT TWICE. This is his second re-issue which means he made mega profits and sold out his first re-issue stock during the Christmas season. And his first re-issue quantities were MASSIVE. I remember BBTS and other vendors selling him out and then a few weeks later getting some new stock.

Keep in mind, re-issues DO NOT affect Tamashii's regular *new* releases. They're just filler in-between the new releases. Also, Figuarts Super Saiyan Goku has SOLD OUT TWICE. This is his second re-issue which means he made mega profits and sold out his first re-issue stock during the Christmas season. And his first re-issue quantities were MASSIVE. I remember BBTS and other vendors selling him out and then a few weeks later getting some new stock.

I know I got my goku during the reissue for xmas, got him on sale for 30 dollars to which isn't to bad.

I've read something about them only being able to reissue standard figures, aka ss goku, manga piccolo, and manga teen gohan. The rest are sdcc exclusives or Website exclusives and that bandai will not reissue them. Really stinks cause I got I to these figures only withing the last couple weeks haha.

The last word on it is that they're in internal debate whether they can reissue web exclusives (explicit answer from bluefin in an sdcc2014 interview), notwithstanding the fact that web exclusive figuarts ZERO goku got a reissue. Which was deemed very exceptional by Tamashii on twitter. At this point anything can happen, nothing is guaranteed. So there's hope, and a cousin-precedence in the zero goku. But that is all there is, which all together still is all but nothing.

I think it's pretty safe to say there will be no reissues beyond main characters either way, mainly ssj vegeta is the prime target of debate (which tamashii is aware of). At this point I'd find it tough to argue whether we'll get a ssj vegeta rerelease, a majin buu era vegeta, or some other vegeta version. Mainly a toss up between what tamashii rather would do: make another version of the same character and stay true to a policy they've already broken at least once. Or take a very easy route and rerelease an existing release, which will anger a part of the consumers. It's very up in the air, hard issue for the company, as evidenced by the very "spirited" discussions we've had about it on the board here. I've absolutely no clue what's a more likely outcome. But if all new protos shown get released, we won't get a new vegeta release until easily 2016. Which would be in my humble opinion not a good thing for the line.

Most on the board have become weary if not all out annoyed at discussing this topic. My opinion is if you brake your principle once, there's no rational reason to not do it more than once if practice calls for it. But some here would beg to differ.

(Just giving a new member a heads up about the situation guys.)

The last word on it is that they're in internal debate whether they can reissue web exclusives (explicit answer from bluefin in an sdcc2014 interview), notwithstanding the fact that web exclusive figuarts ZERO goku got a reissue. Which was deemed very exceptional by Tamashii on twitter. At this point anything can happen, nothing is guaranteed. So there's hope, and a cousin-precedence in the zero goku. But that is all there is, which all together still is all but nothing.

I think it's pretty safe to say there will be no reissues beyond main characters either way, mainly ssj vegeta is the prime target of debate (which tamashii is aware of). At this point I'd find it tough to argue whether we'll get a ssj vegeta rerelease, a majin buu era vegeta, or some other vegeta version. Mainly a toss up between what tamashii rather would do: make another version of the same character and stay true to a policy they've already broken at least once. Or take a very easy route and rerelease an existing release, which will anger a part of the consumers. It's very up in the air, hard issue for the company, as evidenced by the very "spirited" discussions we've had about it on the board here. I've absolutely no clue what's a more likely outcome. But if all new protos shown get released, we won't get a new vegeta release until easily 2016. Which would be in my humble opinion not a good thing for the line.

Most on the board have become weary if not all out annoyed at discussing this topic. My opinion is if you brake your principle once, there's no rational reason to not do it more than once if practice calls for it. But some here would beg to differ.

(Just giving a new member a heads up about the situation guys.)

I feel that's an out dated principle/worry at this point. Tamashii KNOWS that the line has been growing exponentially. It'd be interesting to even find out what percentage of the collectors feel that way anymore. I have no doubt that it's decreased to now be considered the minority part of the consumers.

It depends when Super Buu, Ultimate Gohan, and Super Saiyan 4 Goku will be released and whether or not Tamashii decided to increase the amounts of releases throughout the year. If Super Saiyan 4 Goku is taking Broly's spot for this year, SDCC '15 should show the first release of 2016 and then a teaser for the following release. If Super Saiyan 4 Goku is taking the early spot of 2016, we may only see a teaser for the 2nd release of 2016.

I agree with your opinion. I have a feeling Tamashii is coming up with fewer and fewer reasons on not to re-issue products like Super Saiyan Vegeta and Trunks as this line grows and believe at some point they'll finally re-issue them. When that point will be is difficult to determine but until they release a Vegeta or Trunks the consumer is going to continue to demand them very vocally.

(There's no reason a specific topic should be off limits, unless it causes heated debates, especially when this forum continues to grow with new members.)

The flame effects are being re-issued. Along with Mario.

Edited: There's a rumor that Datong Super Saiyan Vegeta is being "re-issued" in March.

The flame effects are being re-issued. Along with Mario.

Edited: There's a rumor that Datong Super Saiyan Vegeta is being "re-issued" in March.
I heard a rumor on that as well but haven't found anything conrete. If so I'll be getting 2 so I can have a body for vegeta and one for trunks. Then when gohan comes out I'll have the main 5 badasses in the cell saga haha

I heard a rumor on that as well but haven't found anything conrete. If so I'll be getting 2 so I can have a body for vegeta and one for trunks. Then when gohan comes out I'll have the main 5 badasses in the cell saga haha

They usually pop up on AliExpress a few weeks before eBay. So closer to March, we'll find out more information most likely by some one either talking to somebody who orders straight from Datong or they find it on AliExpress.

Which Trunks head? I may get another one, as well, and put a normal Datong Vegeta head on it.

Found this online, it's really cool...

10891558_331136410412129_7401793902391714614_n.jpg

It's a compilation but it's a cool mirror photo. If Vegeta were in his Frieza Saga armor, it'd be perfect.

Let's face it, we can't make heads or tails of Tamashii. Honor this, we know that about Vegeta, and so on. There's still something we're all missing, totally. I also think for the safety of the line, the web exclusive thing should be dropped at some point. I still see, to this day, people who don't know about web exclusivity and are seriously off put by the prices of Vegeta and Trunks.

However, it's worth noting Good Smile Company has come through for their fans in regards to 'exclusivity'. Stuff like WonderFest or WinterFest exclusives are true exclusives, and they're usually not re-issued like SDCC stuff and Tamashii Festival Exclusives (like that recent Sailor Moon). But GSC has re-issued exclusives due to fan demand, or that were out of their hands like the Nendoriod Pokemon Red (exclusive to Japan/their Pokemon Center, but now available on Amazon and the U.S. Pokemon Center), among other ones I believe. There's usually some policy things here and there, but they were able to get around it. I honestly don't think Tamashii has anymore excuse.

They usually pop up on AliExpress a few weeks before eBay. So closer to March, we'll find out more information most likely by some one either talking to somebody who orders straight from Datong or they find it on AliExpress.

Which Trunks head? I may get another one, as well, and put a normal Datong Vegeta head on it.
Jacksdo head for now, if I can get one by the time these datong reissues release.

Let's face it, we can't make heads or tails of Tamashii. Honor this, we know that about Vegeta, and so on. There's still something we're all missing, totally. I also think for the safety of the line, the web exclusive thing should be dropped at some point. I still see, to this day, people who don't know about web exclusivity and are seriously off put by the prices of Vegeta and Trunks.

However, it's worth noting Good Smile Company has come through for their fans in regards to 'exclusivity'. Stuff like WonderFest or WinterFest exclusives are true exclusives, and they're usually not re-issued like SDCC stuff and Tamashii Festival Exclusives (like that recent Sailor Moon). But GSC has re-issued exclusives due to fan demand, or that were out of their hands like the Nendoriod Pokemon Red (exclusive to Japan/their Pokemon Center, but now available on Amazon and the U.S. Pokemon Center), among other ones I believe. There's usually some policy things here and there, but they were able to get around it. I honestly don't think Tamashii has anymore excuse.

This is a great point, Last year at a con my friend wanted to buy a Figma Kirito but the dealer wanted 250.00 and for a long time the price was crazy, fast froward a year and they are reissuing him in like 2 weeks. It's nice when a company does this, reissues figures with insane secondary market prices for easier access to late to the game collectors like myself. The only company I could imagine people freaking out about doing this is Hot Toys, having many early releases myself I'm ok with updates or "2.0's" but straight up reissues, this site would explode, climbing prices on the higher end stuff already has some Threads in a fit. Point is I would love DBZ reissues I just won't hold my breath.

got krillin today.super fun looking figure.I cant believe From the release day of Broly He was my only dragonball figuarts and within 3 weeks now look at this line its growing!.got frieza and android 17 coming tmrw.Damn this collecting habit lol

Attachments

• 20150105_211147.jpg
    20150105_211147.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 283
I wouldn't be surprised if Tamashii reviewed their "web exclusivity" once they get an idea on Manga Gohan's sales this year. It took how long to re-issue him? 3+ years? I have no doubt he'll sell like crazy. 2016 is going to be the most interesting year for this line in terms of Tamashii's decisions.

Jacksdo head for now, if I can get one by the time these datong reissues release.

SSJ Trunks Head Jacksdo Custom | Ageless Geeks

got krillin today.super fun looking figure.I cant believe From the release day of Broly He was my only dragonball figuarts and within 3 weeks now look at this line its growing!.got frieza and android 17 coming tmrw.Damn this collecting habit lol

What other characters are you planning to collect? Specific ones or are you going to Pokemon it?

Back