S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crisis, you know what might look great under that Space Pod?

C_920f2b2a-dd82-43f4-915d-9c8263695a3d_large.jpg

Speaking of space pod. Anyone know where I can grab an Irwin one? Been looking everywhere.

Dragonball Z Vegeta's Saiyan Capsule Dragonball GT Saiyan Pod Capsule Corp | eBay

New Dragonball Z Vegeta's Saiyan Capsule Irwin Toy Action Figure | eBay

Good luck lol. I bought mine for $80 at around the beginning of the year. But remember, the value of items such as these always go up & down; sometimes (like now) it's expensive but if you wanna wait a lil while you might snag one for cheap. It's a gamble. When I bought mine, not 2 days later I seen another one pop up for half the price I paid. Sometimes it's vice-versa. That's just the nature of the collector's hobby, man.

@Angelo yeah I just might do that :clap

If you do, crisis, don't forget to post a picture of it!

Speaking of pictures, I finally decided to bring together my Datong Vegetas and try some poses...this actually surprised me how well he was able to stand up on the tip of his boot articulation.

Datong Vegetas.jpg

Opened up Super Saiyan Goku's box today and I forgot what it came with...barely anything. Is Toei to thank for that?

lol I was thinking about using that same pose for my Android 17, I like how dynamic it looks. That Vegeta pose could be a heartbroken one or him fighting Frieza, or something he just seen that's grossing him out :lol

But yeah I'm sure if SS Goku was released nowadays, we would've got way more accessories & face swaps. He was released all those years ago when the line was still new so they didn't bother including a lot of accessories. It was just the bare-bones basics.

lol I was thinking about using that same pose for my Android 17, I like how dynamic it looks. That Vegeta pose could be a heartbroken one or him fighting Frieza, or something he just seen that's grossing him out :lol

But yeah I'm sure if SS Goku was released nowadays, we would've got way more accessories & face swaps. He was released all those years ago when the line was still new so they didn't bother including a lot of accessories. It was just the bare-bones basics.

Yeah, the pose is really cool and stands out. I had no idea why the heck I put that together but I just said screw it and had some fun with it. After you mentioned it, I decided it's from an alternate reality where Vegeta gets the heart virus instead of Goku. Came out pretty well, ha.

Android 17 would look cool in that pose. ...I wonder if it would be when Android 18 decides to marry Krillin. "Him?! ...I'm malfunctioning!"

That's true, I never thought of that. I think I'm just worried about Super Saiyan 4 Goku. I really hope Super Saiyan 4 Goku comes with a lot of faces and accessories similar to Son Goku.

I hope that by now they have learned their lesson and they include at least as many accessories as reg goku has with ss4 Goku.

I hope that by now they have learned their lesson and they include at least as many accessories as reg goku has with ss4 Goku.

Agreed. It really does seem like they have when you look at all the recent releases. They've come pretty stocked and I hope to see than trend continue. I just hope Toei doesn't get in the way of Tamashii's ideas for Super Saiyan Goku 4.

Agreed. It really does seem like they have when you look at all the recent releases. They've come pretty stocked and I hope to see than trend continue. I just hope Toei doesn't get in the way of Tamashii's ideas for Super Saiyan Goku 4.

do you tend to worry too much on occasial stuff?

do you tend to worry too much on occasial stuff?

Well, duh. :lol

I'm mostly worried about releases that I'm really looking forward to the most and since this is a one-and-done line I'd like for them to not leave a stone unturned. As much as I enjoy the "sit and wait" approach for releases, I would rather Tamashii be more vocal about them and show them off a lot more rather than just prototypes at a display. It was great to get that information from the Tamashii employee the other day, thanks to Silrian, in that video. Imagine if they had a vlog about their monthly releases and went over them a couple weeks before they were officially released? Maybe they do have them but they're just not as well-known as they should be.

Edited: My apologies. I seemed to have combined two separate topics; more available (and visual) information on the figures/accessories that are featured in future releases and the final presentation of their future releases.

...Well that decision not to buy any more figures went out the window. I bought another 17 and 18.

Of everything they announced and including Broly and 16. I'm only getting Gohan. 20% chance of getting 16. And that is IT.

Guess Imma buyin me some effects then.:/ Sgonne be a boring year for me regarding DBZ unless some cool rereleases or an SDCC Exclusive comes along.

Btw,, Buutenks actually has a third torso piece you can just see above his belt. I'm fearing the worst...

Of everything they announced and including Broly and 16. I'm only getting Gohan. 20% chance of getting 16. And that is IT.

Guess Imma buyin me some effects then.:/ Sgonne be a boring year for me regarding DBZ unless some cool rereleases or an SDCC Exclusive comes along.

Btw,, Buutenks actually has a third torso piece you can just see above his belt. I'm fearing the worst...

No Vegito?

Hopefully Manga Gohan is given the go ahead for this year. Not sure what the SDCC Exclusive will be, the obvious choice seems Super Saiyan 3 Goku but that may be a little too on the nose. Maybe they can do one clean sweep with Super Saiyan Vegeta for the SDCC Exclusive but we just got a Vegeta this year.

What's the worst? Separate releases?

Tried my hand at my first fighting pose. With Piccolo and 17 on the way I'll have another. It's a nice change up from the individual poses I've been doing. Will be changed again once I have Broly in hand :D I also painted the screaming/angry face from my Datong Vegeta since I plan on getting another. It's nice to have more facial expressions for Vegeta. I really need to make a bloody and battered face from one of them.

from a different pose I tried before changing it but I liked the angle

Nice pose, Nickshaw! Nice Super Saiyan Vegeta, overall. Your paint job is fantastic and really makes the figure stand out from the tip of his hair to his golden boot tips. :lol

Are those regular stands just painted? Also, I'm curious to know what you meant by painting his face? If so, how?

Once again awesome job Nick! You're really talented. That faceswap for Vegeta is perfect. And yeah, your display case is looking kinda empty lol, can't wait to see what you do with Piccolo & 17

Anybody have any displays with Perfect Cell that they would like to post pictures?

Sure, though its nothing special.

The shelf is crowded, so I separated it to get a wide shot.

CellandGohan.jpg

Here's a close up on the shelf anyway though.

CellandGohan2.jpg

Nice pose, Nickshaw! Nice Super Saiyan Vegeta, overall. Your paint job is fantastic and really makes the figure stand out from the tip of his hair to his golden boot tips. :lol

Are those regular stands just painted? Also, I'm curious to know what you meant by painting his face? If so, how?

Yeah they are just regular figuarts stands that I painted. I'm really happy on how they came out. And I just painted the Datong Vegeta screaming face like I did the ones that came with the SS Vegeta. Painted the hair, eyebrows, and eyes. Just used acrylic white and yellow and mixed them up until I got the desired platinum color. Adding more white than yellow.

Once again awesome job Nick! You're really talented. That faceswap for Vegeta is perfect. And yeah, your display case is looking kinda empty lol, can't wait to see what you do with Piccolo & 17

Thanks! I really like the faces that came with the Scouter Vegeta more than the Super Saiyan one for the most part. I'm hoping someone does some more for Broly. While I like the faces that come with him that we've seen there are some that I wish would have come with him also. And I agree. The display case still has plenty of room. I have them spread out enough so it doesn't look to empty. Soon enough though I won't have any room lol

Last edited:
Back