S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Permanently or temporarily?

Permanent procedure should be a piece of cake if you have a small wire cutter and filer.

Silrian seems to have been able to reattach the flaps after he took them off so his procedure may be the best if you're looking for the temporary design.

Wolvie:

They pop on and off easily. Just don't force it really hard, lest you break the little pins on the flaps themselves. Try to just pry up one side and they'll pop out. As you can see, they fit into the divots on the bits that extend off the waist.

View attachment 144059

That's definitely the way to do it for the S.H. Figuarts Scouter Vegeta. I was just going to cut them off the Datong Scouter Vegeta.

Bingo. I cut them straight off and sanded the attachments down knowing that his tail would hide it regardless if I mildly wanted to glue the panels back on. In fact I glued them TO the tail more than the body, as he never has a tail in namek outfit, and never his a lose tail in panelled outfit. So that was a no-loss situation.

It worked even better then I thought. It's actually plenty moveable too. I don't even notice the difference, the glue I used never truly becomes hard, it becomes REALLY sticky, but it never goes completely solid, not under warmer room temperatures. Quite convenient.

The only thing I fear is that if I wanted to reverse it yet back again to namek mode the glue's going to chip the paint off. Granted most of what it's attached to is unpainted or goes unseen, but I might be unlucky if it chips away a bit at his blue underbody but I don't expect that's the case because I can still twist his waist independent of the panels. And I'm also annoyed I didn't align his front panel exactly perfectly though you don't notice that from any shelf distance.

Thanks a lot guys, Guess i'll just buy am datong to do namek dont wanna mess with the OG one lol

No, she is Sailor Chibi Moon. Mini Moon in America probably :lol worst sailor scout ever

I want him!:cuss

I've only watched the dubbed version of Sailor Moon so I'm used to Mini Moon. I don't think I've ever heard her called Chibi Moon.

Thanks a lot guys, Guess i'll just buy am datong to do namek dont wanna mess with the OG one lol

I think that's your safest bet. That's one of a few reasons why I bought a Datong Scouter Vegeta.

So just read its DRagonball 30th anniversary, anyone wanna bet we'll get kid goku in the near future?

Yeah, definitely. He was on that poll I posted earlier which seems to be a Tamashii check list at this point. If they do Kid Goku, I would hope the sales determine whether or not more Dragon Ball characters are developed. Over at Dragon Ball Figures forum, there's a poll for Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT characters and Kid Goku has 37 votes. So his demand is there.

There's a bidding war over a Japan Sticker MITB S.H. Figuarts Trunks. The current highest bid is $465 (+$18 for shipping) and it still has two more days left in the auction. Some people really want that sticker.

Does anybody have the Banpresto Space Pod? I'm tempted to buy one for Raditz if he's ever released.

Just slap articulation on that Majin Vegeta sculpt, add some faces, hands, and energy effects, and I will be the happiest camper.

sh14.jpg

I have both, the one on the left is the Irwin

null_zps578d32d1.jpg
null_zps5a5e915d.jpg
null_zpsa8fb3af6.jpg

Vegeta can fit in both, only difference is the Irwin one lights up & makes sound effects. Personally I prefer the smaller one

vegeta (2).jpgv.jpg

Dayum, those look amazing! The Irwin looks perfect for Vegeta. That Banpresto one is pretty big and would look great for Nappa and Raditz. ...I'm going to be broke by the end of the year.

Edited: Aw man, that comparison picture is spectacular. Do you have a picture folder with all those comparisons?

Some guy on Facebook posted a comment about production issues with Broly...

"Not qc just a smaller allocation then expected. First wave might be light but then they should round out on the final shipment. In English you might have to wait a little longer to find broly when he first hits that's all"

He buys large quantities from Bluefin and apparently got this information from them.

Edited: Nothing serious, just thought it was interesting.

Has anybody been able to make these types of clamps work for displaying? They're a pain in the a** for me.

B_402437cc-a5ae-4237-915f-b11e09b59bb3_large.jpg

Dayum, those look amazing! The Irwin looks perfect for Vegeta. That Banpresto one is pretty big and would look great for Nappa and Raditz. ...I'm going to be broke by the end of the year.

Edited: Aw man, that comparison picture is spectacular. Do you have a picture folder with all those comparisons?

hehe thanks dude. I don't have many comparison photos like that tho, I haven't done many anime-accurate scenes actually. Sometimes I prefer to improvise my own poses rather than imitate (although I'v definitely been inspired by many of yous guys awesome displays). However I am working on one iconic scene from the show, and the only hint i can give is that it'll "blow all of you away" so stay tuned :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

The Irwin one is also just more to scale. How the ginyus fit in those pods when they all look the same is weird because it looks cramped even for vegeta.

hehe thanks dude. I don't have many comparison photos like that tho, I haven't done many anime-accurate scenes actually. Sometimes I prefer to improvise my own poses rather than imitate (although I'v definitely been inspired by many of yous guys awesome displays). However I am working on one iconic scene from the show, and the only hint i can give is that it'll "blow all of you away" so stay tuned :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

The posts that you've had with the anime-accurate scenes were great though. ...That may have only been the second along with the Androids but still. That's understandable. Making it your own thing. ...That's too vague. We need another hint! :lol Looking forward to it.

The Irwin one is also just more to scale. How the ginyus fit in those pods when they all look the same is weird because it looks cramped even for vegeta.

It'll be interesting to see Raditz or Nappa, who ever gets released first, pictured in front of it.

I'm tempted to get another Perfect Cell but don't know what pose/scene to display him in. I already have one in my Gohan/Perfect Cell final scene display but I like that display too much to mess with it. I may just take him out of that display and screw around awhile to see if there's any other reason to buy another.

Anybody have any displays with Perfect Cell that they would like to post pictures?

Back