S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

It's all good. Please feel free to share the poll thread wherever. The more responses the better as that will give better results and make the feedback more legit.

They won't take it seriously if it has 20 votes ya know?

Sorry hadn't seen your edit. Yes, that can happen. Guess what, that can happen anyway. I don't think it will. I will admit though I didn't take it into account either way, so if people want to call me careless because of that, fine, I'll take that.

But nevertheless I highly doubt this thread will make an impact if there's like 10-20 people who took part. At some point people will just have to accept what different people want. You can't try to steer a voting result before hand, it's called rigging elections and it's wrong (*cue Cartman* "It's WRONG!"). Personally I think people voting for minor characters are utterly wasting their vote. I don't believe for a second it stands a chance to alter the mindset of Tamashii. All we can hope is to somewhat give them an idea of what on average is popular and try to subtly influence them that way. Maybe we can help push the Androids to get here. Maybe we can help push Kid Buu into existence faster then they'd normally would. That sort of stuff is realistic (I hope).

If the poll is indeed big enough it will represent reality of what's popular to some extent and concerning the results we'll just have to
afc.gif

I voted for long hair Trunks and Majin Vegeta; both are my favourite forms of my two other favourite characters bar Goku.

I do think it a mistake to both add characters like Tien and Yamcha, and tell other forums about it; we know how badly they padded their own poll in favour of lesser characters just so they could have unique figures, but as long as this poll is fair I will keep quiet.

^ Yay for Trunks vote:p

If every voter is unique and expresses what they want it's a fair poll (that's why I suggested to ditch pre-defined options, I agree that can make it unfair). You can't deem something unfair because you don't like the results. You can deem it stupid, useless, time wasting, annoying, ****ed up and all-out retarded, but it's not unfair. My former post should make my position clear regarding my opinion on smaller characters.

Also, is it an idea to put the poll in some of our sideshow signatures? It'll keep it known around this board, because some members might not follow it closely and never come across it.

Last edited:
Actually Deano, I think a good number of people on this forum would like Tien and Yamcha. I know only twelve people voted on the poll I was doing, but out of 26 characters, Tien was in 5th place for most wanted, and Yamcha was is 7th.

So far that top 5 was going:
1. Kid Buu
2. Majin Vegeta
3. Post Time Chamber Trunks
4. Mystic/Adult Gohan
5. Tien

I know people like mystic gohan (orange gi version), but I really hope he doesnt get enough votes to sway tamashii/ bandai. I can see them reusing Goku's body (again) and just slapping a gohan head on it. I'd only pick up an adult gohan if he didnt have the orange gi (so, great saiyaman garb or grand ki training garb)

I would have liked that too, well not the grand ki training garb, the great saiyaman garb. I'd just worry they would only give the helmet and bandana/glasses heads, because those would already have various expressions. I would think they'd give us the SSJ head with Mystic Gohan, because he still uses SSJ in Battle of Gods and GT. I don't want to divide the vote. I really want Mystic Gohan though!

I will buy all Gohan and Goku figuarts anyways. And although, Vegeta is my second favorite character, I only need his Majin/Buu Saga look.

Look, my point is that even though some hardcore collectors want lesser characters to give them unique figures, it will most certainly hurt sales badly. Sorry, but its just better to not have them featured as a choice.

We have already been told by pwnstar that saiyans are the main seller currently, so why not just have a saiyan poll? Or even one without choices? That way its fair, and I can almost guarantee that lesser characters will not get voted for anywhere near as much.

If you have the choice of any character, can you honestly say you would vote for a Yamcha? If you still do then he is truly your favourite, if not then you have to think why you would vote if he was on a list.

Uh mate, the poll IS without predefined choices... That's exactly why I think it's a good poll, because I totally agree with you, including your estimation that smaller characters will in fact on average not be the most demanded. Especially because we only have 1 or 2 votes, which means you can't have a build up among less wanted figures. (I told the guy from DBfigs to make a poll where you could only choose 1 or 2 characters, being sure Bardock's popularity would crash and burn, but he didn't.)

What you suggest is exactly the case with what Pwn did!:D And precisely what you say, if you can vote for anyone and just 1 or 2 characters, and you still vote for Tien & Yamcha, well, you must really be a hardcore fan.

The results will show if T&Y are indeed as (im)popular as any given person thinks, precisely because we only have 2 votes and can pick anyone. I really don't see how a poll could be fairer than what it is now.

Last edited:
As a character Yamcha was pretty much just cannon fodder throughout the series, Tien at least had a moment in the spotlight when he stalled Cell. But they are members of the Z fighters and I would have chosen them in the poll if not for Androids 17-18. I'm by no means a hardcore fan, I would just prefer a full roster instead of variants. After what Pwnstar was told at NYCC though I may be out of luck when it comes to future releases :( I'm not even sure if I'm gonna bother picking up regular Goku!

I made a mock-up 3d model of what I mean, it's just rough concept to get the idea across.

https://youtu.be/RqJF81obTOU

Purely amazing! I think Pwn should send this with the results of the other tread to show how much some people want him that they go through the trouble of making a working 3d model to fix any articulation problems/doubts that other people have

Here's a first impression of what people have been voting so far:

Kid Buu/Mystic Gohan
Majin Vegeta/Kid Buu
Majin Vegeta/Mystic Gohan
Super Buu/Android 16
Gohan (Bojack movie)/Trunks (Bojack movie)
Vegito/Mystic Gohan
Kid Buu/Cell 1F
Majin Vegeta/SSJ4 Vegeta
Kid Buu/Android 18
Mystic Gohan/Majin Vegeta
Broly/Janemba (FF)
Raditz/ long hair Trunks
Android 17/Android 18
Long hair, armoured Trunks/17&18 2-pack
Kid Buu/Majin Vegeta
Kid Buu/Broly
Long hair, armoured Trunks/Majin Vegeta
Mystic Gohan/Broly
Long hair, armoured Trunks/Kid Buu
Bulma/Cooler (FF)
Ss4 Goku/Bulma

Well, it seems the top 3 so far is quite clear.:lol

Last edited:
Ahem, apologies for my rant, I thought we still had to pick from the list pwnstar originally put forward, hence my rant lol.

A quick look at that list Silrian shows majin Vegeta has 6 votes, kid Buu has 6 and Trunks, if we merge the long hair and armor votes (same version unless stated) has 4, 5 if the person who asked for Bojack version wouldnt mind an armored one lol.

Mystic Gohan has more love than I thought, at 5 votes. I thought he wouldnt get voted for due to his obvious reuse of the Goku body but I dont mind that lol. (Bear in mind that mystic Gohan is his orange Gi version, his kai garbs are viewed as a different version, at least imo.)

Last edited:
If we just count peoples first vote it goes a bit differently;

Majin Vegeta - 3
Kid Buu - 5
Trunks - 3
Mystic Gohan- 2

So overall people want majin Vegeta, kid buu and Gohan, but if they only got first vote it would be Vegeta, kid Buunand Trunks instead.

No probs mate.

Dahell we just got 2 Bulma votes in consecutively. I've added them to the previous list I posted.

Also, I only now realise we can see who're genuinely part of the community and who aren't by checking the post count for the user.

Also, of all the figures to try and get; Bulma?? This series is about articulation! What good is that on Bulma, a character that, at most, lifts her arms up?

Bulma is one of those characters that would benefit more from the zero line.

Back