S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a photo review of Whis by Shishioh...

https://shishioh.info/SHF_WHIS.php

Spoiler Spoiler:

The review actually got me pretty excited for Whis and he was my least exciting release.

The photo of him next to Beerus completely sold me. The restricted articulation gave off a bad first impression to me thinking Whis would have been better as a Figuarts Zero but, after seeing the photos, I'm really glad they made the S.H. Figuarts version.

^Lmao

As useless as SSG was as a one time promotional transformation, the figure turned out fantastic. I wouldn't mind if they released him but I wouldn't care if they didn't. The DXF statue is good enough to fit in a Figuarts collection anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did turn into ssg red again, when he fought hit in the manga.

I'm not a fan of the Figure-rise stuff either. They look overly bloated and the sculpts are on the weaker side...granted, they are at a cheaper price-point so I can't fault them for that.

What does disappoint me though is this HUGE Dragon Ball push for the Figure-rise stuff by Bandai. I can't help but be jealous because I want to see the Figuarts get this attention!

I'm not a fan of the Figure-rise stuff either. They look overly bloated and the sculpts are on the weaker side...granted, they are at a cheaper price-point so I can't fault them for that.

What does disappoint me though is this HUGE Dragon Ball push for the Figure-rise stuff by Bandai. I can't help but be jealous because I want to see the Figuarts get this attention!

It's upsetting but also for the best. It's easier for Bandai to release the Figure-rise Standards because they're cheap to produce and quicker to get out on the market. You wouldn't want Tamashii Nations to rush. (Also, Figure-rise only needs to focus on two lines where Tamashii Nations has to focus on three.) Tamashii Nations is taking the best business approach with their Dragon Ball Z Character Categories. The quality and articulation in the line continues to be worked upon and improve to where Tamashii Nations will develop a higher quality product. It's only a matter of patiently waiting and seeing what they have to offer now that Japan is 100% behind it.

Edited: Holy crap, gary_wwe. That's a great photo display!

I think Figurise standard sculpt just much better. I have both shfiguart and figurise standard frieza, I am liking figurise much more. I'll probably swap shfiguarts with figurise anytime

I wouldnt take it as figuarts not getting as much attention, remember Tamashii is a subsidiary of Bandai, they are technically two companies, so the figurerise stuff doesnt affect figuarts in any way.

Good luck getting anyone to agree with that btw bunnyfreakz, the two arent even comparable [emoji38]

The figurerise figures are ok for what they are, but the quality and sculpt cant match figuarts, they are too stylized.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think Figurise standard sculpt just much better. I have both shfiguart and figurise standard frieza, I am liking figurise much more. I'll probably swap shfiguarts with figurise anytime

Figure-rise Standard Final Form Frieza is really well done. In some regards, I do actually prefer that over the S.H. Figuarts Final Form Frieza but the quality of the Figuarts is still superior. You certainly get your moneys worth for both of them.

If Tamashii Nations took quite a few of the articulation and sculpting designs from the Figure-rise Standard and incorporated them, it would certainly improve the quality of their product. I think that's very important for Tamashii Nations. It may have taken them awhile to receive a slight kick in the backside but, when the reveals happen this October, I feel, or at least hope, that all of us are going to be in for a surprise.

Man... If I wasn't so against paying ridiculous amounts for customs, I would be all over this. It looks so good. The even customized one of the normal face plates with Blacks signature 'resting bi*ch face'.

2b7e680e28768822eb5ba3066e789a04.jpg

093b7aafb37e5bbdacfca1c05ecc8576.jpg

de5dce1dac17eec1818e95f99633304d.jpg

That is indeed a phat custom, but am just waiting for Tamashii to make one which is 100% inevitable at this point.

Only thing that bothers me, story-wise, is that with the introduction of SS "Rose," SSB is rendered obsolete, just like SSB immediately rendered SSG obsolete, etc. Yet another transformation that will be looked down on as "lol ur weak son." It's a predictable pattern with Dragon Ball over n over

I was hoping Super would be more about technique and strategy, which it was leaning towards in the Universe 6 arc, but now it's becoming the "we must unlock the next transformation and then the next 1 after that" contest ala Boo Saga

I was checking the high rise figure on BBTS and noticed they have the MG Master Grade available. I thought those were discontinued? I much prefer those over the high rise when it comes to building kit and over all look.

That is indeed a phat custom, but am just waiting for Tamashii to make one which is 100% inevitable at this point.

Only thing that bothers me, story-wise, is that with the introduction of SS "Rose," SSB is rendered obsolete, just like SSB immediately rendered SSG obsolete, etc. Yet another transformation that will be looked down on as "lol ur weak son." It's a predictable pattern with Dragon Ball over n over

I was hoping Super would be more about technique and strategy, which it was leaning towards in the Universe 6 arc, but now it's becoming the "we must unlock the next transformation and then the next 1 after that" contest ala Boo Saga
I don't think SS Blue is obsolete yet... Neither goku or vegeta have gotten to the point where they have harnessed 100% potential with god ki. While Black has nothing but god ki, making him nearly as dangerous as beerus in comparison to the 2 saiyans. Plus we don't yet know the details of Blacks creation or the depths of his unique power. With well planned wish(s) by zamasu, Black could easily be in a league all his own (which appears to be the case) ... In the BoG movie it's said Beerus used 70% of his power against SSG goku, while it's believed to have actually been much less in the series.

Certain customs are cool but for characters that are absolutely going to be given a release in the future just don't do it for me. The earliest we're going to see a Black prototype will be next month at the Tamashii Nations 2016 event.

Speaking of that, I'm sure I've asked this multiple times, but what prototypes does everybody think will be revealed next month? Either at NYCC or Tamashii Nations 2016. Not necessarily what you want to be revealed but more so what you think will likely be revealed.

Not sure about Figuarts Zeroes, EX, or Dragon Ball Z (at the moment) but I think there will be a heavy Dragon Ball Super presence...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'd prefer DB Super Trunks with the jacket look, always preferred Trunks in one of those jackets since it's his iconic look.

That Goku will happen at some point since we did see a prototype but the question is when it will come out? Black is an easy sell and figure to make, not sure about Hit and Mai though.

Banpresto is coming out with a DXF of the early arc attire so I'm sure Tamashii Nations will decide on that as well.

What prototype of Goku are you referring to? Super Saiyan God? That attire seems to be Goku's attire for the majority of Dragon Ball Super so I imagine Tamashii Nations would want to schedule a release of that attire soon.

Since Tamashii Nations seems to be pairing up releases, Black would be the ideal paired release with Future Trunks.

Hit will be a recurring character later in Dragon Ball Super and, since he was the most popular new character, I'm sure Tamashii Nations worked on a prototype of him quickly. Especially after Bluefin asked, out of all of the Universe 6 warriors, which one would be the most preferred.

Mai could be a Web Exclusive. I don't think she'll be that risky of a sell but Tamashii Nations can collect data after the prototype is revealed and go from there.

Back