S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely agree about Vader. Mafex wins for that figure hands down. The height is perfect.

Regarding Super, I noticed that too. They haven't really diverged from the movie. A lot of the dialogue is pretty much exactly from it. I never thought that they would retcon the ending since that was wishful thinking but like you said maybe we'll get a 2 minute fighting scene instead of the 1 minute one...[emoji52]

I liked that small tidbit where Goku confirmed that Vegeta was stronger than him. Whether that meant at the earlier point when he first arrived or currently idk, but as a Vegeta fan it brought a tear to my eye. Hopefully they keep the power levels the same between the two. That's the way it should be.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Yeah, i hope goku and vegeta stay equal, but i was disappointed that we didnt get to see more training and also didnt get to see frieza's training. I think that was a missed oppurtunity, instead we get a similar time skip as the movie! BAM 4 months later lol

At least in Super it looks like we will see how they learn of ssjblue if the hint at it in the previous ep is to be believed

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh god I've only just seen these, going to watch DB Kai to see if I really love the series enough to start splurging cash on them lol.

Anything I should pick up now before price spikes or is production high enough now it isn't such an issue if I do begin collecting. (Vegeta with scouter price is insane :()

Man... I'm still torn about jumping into Figuarts SW. I love SW to death, just as much as DBZ, but something's still holding me back. I only have Luke & Vader, but it seems the release order has no structure to it. First releases were RotJ Luke/Vader, then they fall back to TPM with Maul, then try to capitalize on TFA with Kylo/Phasma, and now backtrack to RotS with revealing a Grievous prototype and then go back to TPM with Obi Wan and the Droid.. the character release order is unpredictable & all over the place which kinda turns me off (they tried pulling that same nonsense with DBZ, now they're starting to smooth it out though) You would think Yoda or ANH Ben would be the next logical release but then they say NOPE and reveal a prototype based on a single leaked photo of a character with no name from Episode VIII because $$$ along with AotC Watto.. c'mon son

Yeah. They do cost a lot, but it's worth it. I ordered Maul, and he'll be coming soon. I only have Luke as of now.

@azim.khan awesome setup there bro :goodpost:

For kylo i have black series though and i feel it's a fine figure as is, the soft plastic on the skirt for figuarts i feel like is awkward when you pose his legs since it wont droop naturally like a real cloth.

that's another thing that irks me; the plastic capes. They really do nothing but hinder the articulation. Thankfully they're removable and there are cloth cape options available for these.. makes em look 100x better in my opinion

No one in particular lol I was just being hypothetical.. as soon as Disney reveals a photo of a new character with a lightsaber from EpVIII then Tamashii will make a prototype of it the next day.. kinda like how they're jumping on the hypetrain of Super with the Champa/Vados prototypes, even designs that don't officially exist, yet still no word on Majin Boo

Oh right, yeah, well.... I don't know, can you blame 'm?:p Well, yes, I guess, but still, hype is moneeehhhh.:lol
EDIT: I don't know what the **** is up with the AotC SHF's but they're already also planning OT stuff ahead so, I'm fine. I highly doubt when or even if we'll see that Grievous released. Not that I care much.

Very nice Azim!

Imo the old vegeta hair sculpt is better than ssb's. I don't like the shortened bangs. I want a sculpt where he has his widows peak going straight up into a hair peak. But oh well, if I'm not buying the ssb's, the entirety of DBS chars is suddenly pretty much negated for me. And my wallet is like :yess:

@crisis I used an old nazgul action figure robe plus some new fabric for a hood for SHF Maul. I like it on him, but can't say I'd want cloth for any DBZ figure. MAYBE Piccolo's cape bendy wire mafex style. But don't really need it.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted, checking on you all. How are you doing? How's the collection coming along? Has anyone done the repaint of SSGSS/SSjB Goku's hair to the yellow gold?

new image I just seen on insta

View attachment 225158

at first it was hella annoying how the hair is just repainted, but now i'm like "ehh whatever" about it :dunno

It's a new head mold. It's not as detailed as the SSGSS Goku head mold, which I honestly don't know why it's not, but they did actually make a new mold for SSGSS Vegeta.

Edited:
Regardless I'm still getting him... I wounder if arms are the same as saiyan saga vegeta if thats teh case then datong and simple repaint and bam crossed arms.. Really wish they would sell those rock platforms

As far as I noticed, the only thing that is being reused are the shoulders and biceps. The forearms are new which wouldn't make the Saiyan Saga Vegeta arms work for him. Everything else is newly sculpted.

Does anyone have the Bandai zero EX Goku sS3? Is it nice? Been meaning to get it but wondering if people have it and like it? Cheers.

It's one of the most beautiful Dragon Ball Z pieces I've ever seen.

Edited: @crisis off topic...
Spoiler Spoiler:

If the joints, paint application, and facial sculpting are nicely done on these finalized products from Mafex, Tamashii is going to have a difficult time developing a better one. These look better than I had imagined. The texture of both Batman and Superman's outfits are so well done it's ridiculous. The cloth cape breathes life into the figures. I already placed my orders for these because I'm so excited for them. (Even though I didn't care for the film, the Mafex Hulkbuster looks nice too.

I agree. As good as Tamashii is at what they do, they don't always hit the mark. Compare Figuarts Hulk with Figma Hulk and tell me which is more accurate. They completely dropped the ball on Injustice Superman. Many other examples where their figures just don't look as good as other companies'. It boggles my mind how they can make a 100% accurate likeness of Luke Skywalker, yet at the same time under-scale Vader's height when their Stormtrooper is just as tall as him. I'd rather them not even try making Figuarts BvS if there's a 50/50 chance of them derping Superman's face in favor of articulation

There's only one thing to do. Buy both Mafex and shf BvS figure and switch the damned heads.

As for hulkbuster, I'm buying neither. Hot Toys Hulkbuster is clearly more than enough for me.

Sent from my PLT1077G using Tapatalk

@crisis I used an old nazgul action figure robe plus some new fabric for a hood for SHF Maul. I like it on him, but can't say I'd want cloth for any DBZ figure. MAYBE Piccolo's cape bendy wire mafex style. But don't really need it.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that looks amazing. Highly considering doing the same when I get Maul. I dunno why they didn't just include a cloak with the figure, when he clearly wears it in several scenes in the movie.

I also agree how cloth material won't look as good on DBZ characters. It just looks weird

Back