S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is orange, the problem is that the original release only had one tone to it and no contrast. If only the SDCC wasn't so harsh with the orange it would look more in line with the rest.

It seems the re release of the v1 Goku seems to have a better paint job? I think that will go well with the rest of the gang?

Didn't know bout the inconsistency of the paint job of SDCC Goku. But mine looks pretty ok with the rest of the gang actually, since Vegeta's skin tone is kinda orange compared to trunks or SDCC gohan. :lol

The inconsistency is literally just the airbrushing on the hair, nothing else is that different. I am still contemplating "wasting" money on the rerelease Goku, since I have the original, but the paint job and joints being supposedly better than the original are swaying me.

Just got an email from Toy Arena, both Vegeta (scouter) and SSJ Goku (reissue) are in stock and all orders are being processed to get these bad boys shipped out!!! :rock :yess: :family

Hopefully amazon is next; the suspense is killing me lol, this is why i dont preorder these things usually!

Thank you very much.

Since I didn't own the original release, I can't answer if it's better or worse.

And thanks for the grease tip, but I own the whole DBZ cast at this point, so I'm kind of use to maintenance on these figuarts. Fortunately, I haven't had that problem yet, but have read about it a LOT.

Here's a picture of the re release, and I threw SDCC in there for anyone wanting to compare. Sorry I don't know more about the original but hopefully the pic helps:

8680894019_65f5321745_o.jpg

Looking at the pic, it seems like the pupils have the same problem you were referring to.

The above was a comparison TJ did when his rerelease came early a couple of weeks ago; notice how subdued the orange is on his SDCC Goku? thats the inconsistency i was talking about. You will also notice the darker blue on the rerelease compared to an original, also from this thread when it first started:

figugoku1c.jpg

All in all, it does indeed seem like the reissue has a better paint job, but uses the new shinier plastic (most noticeable on the skin), which is less brittle, but also makes it look a bit cheaper.

Piccolo has marks on his cape and they're on the outside, not idea how that happened. Do you mean purple bleeding onto the cape and vice versa?:dunno

That's 500$+ well spent :lol

Still trying to get sdcc goku do you regret spending that much on him im asking cause im thinking about getting one.

The above was a comparison TJ did when his rerelease came early a couple of weeks ago; notice how subdued the orange is on his SDCC Goku? thats the inconsistency i was talking about. You will also notice the darker blue on the rerelease compared to an original, also from this thread when it first started:

figugoku1c.jpg

All in all, it does indeed seem like the reissue has a better paint job, but uses the new shinier plastic (most noticeable on the skin), which is less brittle, but also makes it look a bit cheaper.

The re release have paint app on the skin tone as well, but it's not that visible in that pic, so I wouldn't judge it based on that pic alone.

Frankly, I'm still waiting for more in hand pics to show up to make a conclusion, and also waiting for amazon to get them in stock actually. :lol

The re release have paint app on the skin tone as well, but it's not that visible in that pic, so I wouldn't judge it based on that pic alone.

Frankly, I'm still waiting for more in hand pics to show up to make a conclusion, and also waiting for amazon to get them in stock actually. :lol

The pic you quoted is the first issue, the reissue is in the pic with SDCC, just incase you got mixed up there hydeous ;)

Hopefully amazon is next; the suspense is killing me lol, this is why i dont preorder these things usually!

yeah tell me about it, preordering items adds so much more suspense to things but sometimes they are a must, otherwise they sell out and youre stuck looking for them on ebay for ridiculous prices

yeah tell me about it, preordering items adds so much more suspense to things but sometimes they are a must, otherwise they sell out and youre stuck looking for them on ebay for ridiculous prices

Yeah, i used to depend on toyarenas ebay for my figures, but as of late they have been getting figures quite late to their ebay store, so i thought i would be better just guaranteeing vegeta this time round; i waited weeks for them to get cell instock when he came out, and ended up giving up and buying off someone else.

The pic you quoted is the first issue, the reissue is in the pic with SDCC, just incase you got mixed up there hydeous ;)

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for pointing that out. The re release seems better and more in line with the existing SS gang after all. Might pick it up together with Vegeta when they are both in stock in Amazon and sell my SDCC Goku.

Yeah, i used to depend on toyarenas ebay for my figures, but as of late they have been getting figures quite late to their ebay store, so i thought i would be better just guaranteeing vegeta this time round; i waited weeks for them to get cell instock when he came out, and ended up giving up and buying off someone else.

yeah I understand, its kind of like a mix of wanting it for the cheapest price and availability, that is the main reason why I went with ToyArena, they had the earliest date so I didn't mind paying a bit extra for that and thinking about it any price before they sell out is a good price considering how high they get sold in the after market

yeah I understand, its kind of like a mix of wanting it for the cheapest price and availability, that is the main reason why I went with ToyArena, they had the earliest date so I didn't mind paying a bit extra for that and thinking about it any price before they sell out is a good price considering how high they get sold in the after market

For some reason toyarenas ebay works differently to their website; the shipping is much cheaper, and faster at being shipped to UK, but you cant preorder from there, you just have to wait until its added, which as i said has been quite unreliable of late.

If toyarenas own website wasm ore in line with their ebay prices then i would go with them every time, but i cant bring myself to pay more for shipping just because im preordering something.

For some reason toyarenas ebay works differently to their website; the shipping is much cheaper, and faster at being shipped to UK, but you cant preorder from there, you just have to wait until its added, which as i said has been quite unreliable of late.

If toyarenas own website wasm ore in line with their ebay prices then i would go with them every time, but i cant bring myself to pay more for shipping just because im preordering something.

yeah thats understandable, although I am not paying extra for shipping, I made a not so that both my items would be shipped together which comes out a lot cheaper overall, but yeah still i understand not wanting to pay more in certain cases, i mean these figures are already expensive as it is

Still trying to get sdcc goku do you regret spending that much on him im asking cause im thinking about getting one.

He was high for what I got him but I don't really regret it at all. His colors are much better than the original release but the SDCC has too much orange.

But overall it's the better Goku to get.

so toyarena has vegeta and goku up for sale? how do they work like bbts? never used toyarena before...

I'd pay now just to know its on its way. I'm actually over waiting. NickToons playing DVZ movies on saturday nights this month has really been killing me on the waiting game. Needz tem nowz!

Back