S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS4 is still the most raw, unique transformation we've seen. Bringing back the signature tail was brilliant. They actually had the balls to alter the entire design from head to toe, instead of just the typical "lets just recolor the hair again" like they did with SSG. They could've at least brought back the tail.

SS4 Goku looks like what a true Super Saiyan God should look like.

hey, if people actually get to go to the con then theres nothing wrong with buying a few of them. Bee Vee doesnt even sound as if he'e selling them for mega bucks, just to break even. Its an exclusive for a reason, no need to hate on those lucky enough to go.

Pretty much. Last year I sold a SDCC Vegeta right after the con ($90 was the going rate on EBay), so it wasn't like I was sitting on him waiting for it to collect more value. I just want to break even.

SS4 is still the most raw, unique transformation we've seen. Bringing back the signature tail was brilliant. They actually had the balls to alter the entire design from head to toe, instead of just the typical "lets just recolor the hair again" like they did with SSG. They could've at least brought back the tail.

I consider it the most logical next evolution of a Saiyan assuming they keep their tail since without it, it's not even unlockable. SSJ3 gets rids of the eyebrows giving a more monkey like appearance, deepens the voice, and adds a s***ton of hair. Next, they go full on SSJ ape and upon mastering the form, absorb that energy into a more concentrated and stable form unlocking the peak of Saiyan power with reddish/brown hair on the body, wild black hair resembling their natural hairstyle (losing the yellow color), and keeping the tail. A true monkey humanoid like a Saiyan should be.

I think the SSJ4 design and attaining is just perfect. It's just not "canon" but who gives a s***, it's badass and appropriate. I just wanna see that beautiful bastard at SDCC so I can rest easy at night knowing he's still in the works :pray:

Your passion for SS4 is pretty great.

Of all the figures that I hope are still in the pipeline, I really want Nappa still...

I was never a Broly fan really, he was fun to play as in the games at least, but he's probably one of my favorite figures overall. I'm really curious what they could do with a nice Nappa figure, beyond the simple shirtless one we've seen.

the design is good but I can never get over the absurdity of it. The entire series is rather absurd but for Goku to go from a child into a massive ape into a furry adult with clothes that fit perfectly is ridiculous. I think I would've liked it more if SS4 had been treated like a botched Oozaru transformation that Goku had to get under control (false Oozaru or something, where he increases in mass and gains fur but the transformation stops in the middle).

Your passion for SS4 is pretty great.

Of all the figures that I hope are still in the pipeline, I really want Nappa still...

I was never a Broly fan really, he was fun to play as in the games at least, but he's probably one of my favorite figures overall. I'm really curious what they could do with a nice Nappa figure, beyond the simple shirtless one we've seen.

I just love SSJ4 so much :monkey2

I also really want Nappa too, preferably with Armor. They said they'd put him back on the table if Broly sold well and did he! Scouter Vegeta is a lone figure repping his saga all by himself. Piccolo and Krillin don't count since they're saga whores with their identical outfits. I'd also like to see them do Base and SSJ Broly although I doubt anytime soon.

I also really want Nappa too, preferably with Armor. They said they'd put him back on the table if Broly sold well and did he! Scouter Vegeta is a lone figure repping his saga all by himself. Piccolo and Krillin don't count since they're saga whores with their identical outfits. I'd also like to see them do Base and SSJ Broly although I doubt anytime soon.

Yay they should make Napa as expensive as Broly because he could come with 2 toro peaces armor and no armor, also the krillin we got to me is really just his android/cell saga suit because he uses the boots.

Unlock your inner Z fighter

the design is good but I can never get over the absurdity of it. The entire series is rather absurd but for Goku to go from a child into a massive ape into a furry adult with clothes that fit perfectly is ridiculous. I think I would've liked it more if SS4 had been treated like a botched Oozaru transformation that Goku had to get under control (false Oozaru or something, where he increases in mass and gains fur but the transformation stops in the middle).

I mean GT is riddled with ridiculous designs. Some are executed well... some not so much.

I have to agree with Prodigy on this one though in idea. In form, how it actually looks with the red fur? I don't follow him down that road.

Super 17 though, you got me there. I got some mad love for the androids!

Well said. Couldn't have said it even better myself.:clap

th.jpg
What about me?

There's apes that have red hair so I don't mind the red. Looks cool so I'm down with it. For SSJ5, I think this is appropriate and I'll accept nothing less.

450_orangpendenk.jpg

Exactly. The design behind Super Saiyan 4 was just unbelievably well done because they incorporated so many significant details about a Saiyan. It's a beautiful mixture of the human and Oozaru form. After Saiyan Saga, the Oozaru became so irrelevant which was an absolute shame because it was such a strong part of the Saiyan culture. I know Toriyama intended for the Saiyans to be solely part of the Earth culture, hence Vegeta's character development over the series, but it was disappointing to see it taken away. I'm glad GT brought it back.

I consider it the most logical next evolution of a Saiyan assuming they keep their tail since without it, it's not even unlockable. SSJ3 gets rids of the eyebrows giving a more monkey like appearance, deepens the voice, and adds a s***ton of hair. Next, they go full on SSJ ape and upon mastering the form, absorb that energy into a more concentrated and stable form unlocking the peak of Saiyan power with reddish/brown hair on the body, wild black hair resembling their natural hairstyle (losing the yellow color), and keeping the tail. A true monkey humanoid like a Saiyan should be.

I think the SSJ4 design and attaining is just perfect. It's just not "canon" but who gives a s***, it's badass and appropriate. I just wanna see that beautiful bastard at SDCC so I can rest easy at night knowing he's still in the works :pray:

I feel the same way. I'm always going to consider it the final transformation that a Saiyan can achieve on their own, which is a very important thing to me.

Edited:

Ditto. I'm tempted to buy an entire case of him. :lol There's so much that I have planned for that release.

I'm interested how Nappa will be done. Maybe similar to Android 16 with the torso articulation? I can't imagine they would make that big of a figure without torso articulation because it would be wasted space.

Exactly. The design behind Super Saiyan 4 was just unbelievably well done because they incorporated so many significant details about a Saiyan. It's a beautiful mixture of the human and Oozaru form. After Saiyan Saga, the Oozaru became so irrelevant which was an absolute shame because it was such a strong part of the Saiyan culture. I know Toriyama intended for the Saiyans to be solely part of the Earth culture, hence Vegeta's character development over the series, but it was disappointing to see it taken away. I'm glad GT brought it back.

I feel the same way. I'm always going to consider it the final transformation that a Saiyan can achieve on their own, which is a very important thing to me.

Given a natural Saiyan with tail and all, I'd consider it the same as well. With hard work and training, any Saiyan can attain SSJ4, the pinnacle of a lone natural Saiyan's power. If you don't have a tail, it can't be done. SSJGod is only attainable with other Saiyans willing to participate in a ritual like that, tail or not. Also love the fact that they attained Piccolo's power of generating clothing. For the 90's that s*** was stylish.

Just thought about it and I can consider GT the timeline where Beerus never woke up and Goku got his tail. That's how I keep it in my mind and I'll stick by it till the bitter end.

With a tail and training, a Saiyan becomes SSJ4, a natural evolution.
With/without tail and other Saiyans, a Saiyan can become SSJGod.
This said, the ultimate Saiyan would be a SSJGSSJ4SSGJ (that's confusing to look at and type :lol)

Some of us are still on the waiting list for that D-Arts Ride Armor to finally be released -_-

9c881adcc8083b2c5becd8ddba5ef69f.jpg

I honestly have no problem with the different colored fur. It makes each character stand out from one another. It would have been incredibly boring if all of them looked like this but with different clothing and hair styles...

hqdefault.jpg

It surely did but everyone was expecting a figure besides a zero. People couldnt cope with their dreams of sigma being shattered. I was hoping the combination of the two companies which are d arts and sh f could have brought new life in the blue bomber. S till wanted the Masters but Vile was a great addition as well and protoman would of been great. There's a new Megaman series being produced with 24 episodes so that might inspire figuarts to go further in to the line.

Oh the megaman figure was ok but he deserves more of his signature weapons. The ones that he displayed in the game. At least the chain spear one or what ever you call it.

Back