S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the tippity tip of my Trunks sword broke off...

IMG_6862.JPG

One of my worst fears is one of Piccolo's antennas (or both) breaking off :monkey4

Yes. It was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Well I was thinking Ryu but yea.

I didn't think of it right away until I saw the picture that I posted. Yeah, Ken came to mind because his gi is red. Other than that I immediately thought Street Fighter anyways.

Yeah that is a good find crisis, its a dead ringer for Gotens sparring gi.

Hmm, so everyone appears to be in some sort of training outfit, so maybe they are caught offguard by Frieza?

Vegeta clearly has a zip up jumpsuit under that armor btw.

It depends on how they're caught off guard. Either by Frieza's resurrection or when he achieves god-like status. I still have no idea how they're going to wish Frieza back to begin with.

So the tippity tip of my Trunks sword broke off...

View attachment 147636

One of my worst fears is one of Piccolo's antennas (or both) breaking off :monkey4

:horror

How did that happen?! Haven't you watched Role Models? You're supposed to gingerly touch tips.

Great pictures, Android 20!

Makes me wish Tamashii developed Trunks' shoulders similar to Android 17's.

The next movie is going to have to explain these pictures. Both of which happen to mirror Vegeta and I doubt it's just a coincidence...

vlcsnap-2014-11-21-19h46m57s86.jpg

vlcsnap-2014-11-21-19h44m16s148.jpg

lol I dunno man, just posing it over n over i guess. It's not a big deal, could've been a lot worse but still, any type of damage to these figures no matter how small is terrible lol

@Android 20 awesome photos dude! Where did you get that white background? lol

It might be something like Vegeta is descended from that legendary Saiyan.. or just no explanation at all :lol

Most Saiyans tend to look alike anyway (look how many have Vegeta's same exact receding hairline in the flashbacks)

lol I dunno man, just posing it over n over i guess. It's not a big deal, could've been a lot worse but still, any type of damage to these figures no matter how small is terrible lol

I know. It's not really noticeable unless you actually focus on it. I'm surprised that still happened though.

Trunk's shoulders are better than 17... Floating triangles looks goofy...

Trunks would be able to pose Burning Attack if he had those shoulders. Which would have been worth it.

It might be something like Vegeta is descended from that legendary Saiyan.. or just no explanation at all :lol

Most Saiyans tend to look alike anyway (look how many have Vegeta's same exact receding hairline in the flashbacks)

The second one could definitely be an ancestor but that first picture is clearly foreshadowing. Especially with the blue light.

Vegeta would look weird with blue hair.. if that's true then all those people that have been making SSG Vegeta customs are gonna be pissed lol

Thanks man. Just some wax paper taped over white printer paper in my homemade light box. It works okay for now but I would love to get some actually DBZ backgrounds, if they are out there to buy.

I'm thinking this was just a dub mistake but it was stated in the English dub that the Potara fusion gave a much more precise connection than the fusion dance so I've always assumed Vegito was stronger.

just went to the Dragonball Wiki...

"◾In a line by Old Kai, he said that the Potara Earring's effect was "greater" than the fusion dance. This leads many to think that Vegito is stronger than Gogeta. However, he may instead have been referring to the drawbacks of the fusion dance itself: a 30 minute time limit on the fusion, the possibility of performing the dance incorrectly resulting in a weaker form, and that the dance is restricted to beings of comparable size and power level (individuals performing the dance can suppress or raise their power level to match if necessary). "

I don't know. I like to think Vegito is stronger.

Endless debate: who's stronger, Gogeta or Vegeto?

I say Gogeta. I believe the latter explanation for the term "greater" rather than actually meaning a greater power. I think Vegito's powers are limited by the combined strength of Goku and Vegeta while Gogeta's powers aren't limited and can increase like any other saiyan.

For example; if Goku's highest power is Super Saiyan 3 and Vegeta's highest power is Super Saiyan 2, Vegito's highest power can only be a sum of those two while Gogeta can power up even further. I'm mostly basing all of that on Gotenks and how he was able to achieve Super Saiyan 3 form even though, I believe, Goten and Trunks, separately, weren't.

Edited: Apparently Toriyama stated that the Potara earrings multiplies the power rather than adds it. I don't know. Why did you start this debate! :gah:

hmmm...by that logic I'd say that Vegito is absolutely stronger because Vegito is technically a new being. Gogeta is likely the combination that suffers from the combined power limitation since he's a temporary union.

I would argue that it was the opposite but I'm not really knowledgeable on the entire fusion/earring debate so I'm stepping down.

If Vegito is the multiplied equation of Goku and Vegeta's power levels, I don't know why he wouldn't have given Beerus a sold run for his money. Especially after Vegeta's power "became greater than Goku's."

the thing with Vegito is the potara fusion is permanent once two beings are combined. I guess taking that into consideration Gogeta could always become stronger since the potara fusion is an incredible risk to take and likely wouldn't have been an option after the Gohan Buu fight. so...at that point in time, when Gohan Buu was the main threat, I'd say Vegito was the stronger fusion but only for that point in time. Had Goku and Vegeta fused in BoG (something I kind of wanted to see quite frankly) then Gogeta would've definitely been stronger.

but then...Vegito would've also benefited from a power increase had they resorted to a Potara fusion...hmmm...eh. I'll stick with Vegito's limitations and say Gogeta is the more powerful form since it can be accessed at any time with no repercussions. once Vegito is created he'd have to rely on his own strength whereas Gogeta will always benefit from whatever increases both Goku and Vegeta gained beforehand.

The worst thing about determining power levels, especially after the Cell Saga, is that there never seems to be a limit anymore so it's difficult to assess. For me, I always thought a base Saiyan had a limit in power ranking before he has to transform into a Super Saiyan.

For example, Goku can reach a power level of 9.99 and continue to remain in his base form but as soon as he reaches 10 he automatically transforms into a Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan Goku can reach a power level of 19.99 and continue to remain in his Super Saiyan form but as soon as he reaches 20 he automatically transforms into a Super Saiyan 2, and etc.

Ang were those screenshots of "vegeta" from the BoG movie!?

Cool pics A20! Really hope I can get my 17 soon.

What I kinda find boring about vegito is that he's nothing but a plot bandaid, because it should've been Gogeta but they used Toriyamas design in a movie before he could use it himself in the series, and he wanted the fusion in the series to be new to viewers, so he had to remedy the situation and invent these earrings. And then just roll with the idea theyd seperate magically inside Buu, to offset their permanence.

But obviously vegito is a character we'll never ever see again, so even though I like his design more than gogeta, gogeta's the OG natural fusion result. If they ever fuse again, we'll get gogeta, not vegito. So in that sense, gogeta's stronger purely because he's not n isolated incident, which vegito is.

Btw think of the extremely awkward repurcussiobs regarding chichi, videl and goten, had goku used the earrings with gohan and not be absorbed.:lol

Back