S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You talking about the Hybrid Action line? They were good, extremely articulated but from what I've heard the joints are pretty brittle & can break easily. I have the HA Kid Buu, which is perfectly scaled with SH Figuarts and honestly I can't imagine a Figuarts Kid Buu being any bigger than this, it just wouldn't look right. I'm afraid they'll make it the same scale as Frieza for feasability purposes.

Evil%20Buu-4.jpgtAVKiuy.jpg

You talking about the Hybrid Action line? They were good, extremely articulated but from what I've heard the joints are pretty brittle & can break easily. I have the HA Kid Buu, which is perfectly scaled with SH Figuarts and honestly I can't imagine a Figuarts Kid Buu being any bigger than this, it just wouldn't look right. I'm afraid they'll make it the same scale as Frieza for feasability purposes.

View attachment 141616View attachment 141617

That does look really good. I'm debating on whether to get one or wait to see what Tamashi does. But I agree it would be really difficult to make with the scale it would have to be at while keeping detail and poseability at the level their other figures are but I think they can do it. Teen Gohan is pretty small and I imagine Kid Buu size and they did really well with him. Would be nice though if it was like a Buu 2 pack since Kid Buu is so small and I don't see having very many accessories. Have him come with Fat Buu or Super Buu or something. Not that it'll happen I'm sure but would be cool.

Last edited:

View attachment 141616View attachment 141617

Yeah! That scale is amazing. I've been looking at the figures in that line and the selected characters are strange, in regards to the time period, but I like them a lot. Especially the Super Saiyan 4 characters.

where in teh world are you located?

IF you are in the USA, then go with Amazon.com. preorder early, free shipping, AND those sales are sent to bandai as US market sales, helping to keep the line going.

if you're not a fan of amazon, then any etailor that gets stock directly from blufin is preferable.

In the USA. Alright, thanks for letting me know. How is the datong Saiyan Saga Vegeta by the way? Is it worth it?

Re: Dragonball Z figures

Been following somebody on Facebook's Yamcha custom...

10372753_10203826230273412_3709948063720009531_n.jpg

10600352_10203826857889102_9155449360906002159_n.jpg

10304869_10203832214303009_7763734822943163952_n.jpg

I think the thing that amazes me the most is how freaking simple it would be to produce this figure.

Edited: Not to take anything away from the person who's customizing the figure. He's doing a fantastic job.

Piccolo's lower legs were a nice touch, too.

Let's just remember the fact that initially Toriyama wrote Gogeta and then they used him for that movie and he was like balls now I need to find a different way because he wanted the character to be a surprise in the series so that's why he thought of the earrings as another way to fuse.

But originally, the idea was for gogeta to be in the series.

Found some more pictures of Datong Scouter Vegeta...

Comparison between the S.H. Figuarts faces...

The pads sitting on the shoulders...

If anybody's interested, official S.H. Figuarts Scouter Vegeta faces do fit on the bootleg. (I'm going to avoid that though so I don't misplace any bootleg/official pieces.)

The paint apps on the bootleg are definitely better than some American toys I've seen! The bootleg actually looks better than some DBZ figures released by Bandai and Irwin/Jakks/etc. in the past.

Unfortunately the plastic quality isn't great but it's not horrendous either! Waiting on my Scouter Vegetas from HK, but my Bootleg SSJ Vegeta is holding strong!

Back