S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a cool picture on Facebook...

10606247_869403806405999_2709657295055913029_n.jpg

At last, some comparison photos!

First thing I noticed was the crushed scouter lense, the official is more translucent whereas the copy isn't. Skintone is also paler on the copy. The shading isn't as "clean" as it is on the official.

Overall, I'd still say it's worth it for the price. Definitely gonna get one soon.

Apparently the figure will come with a note that states "Important! Put the body and the parts into hot water for at least 60 seconds before you change the changeable face and hands!"

It may depend on the seller though but it doesn't seem like bad advice to follow.

Apparently the figure will come with a note that states "Important! Put the body and the parts into hot water for at least 60 seconds before you change the changeable face and hands!"

It may depend on the seller though but it doesn't seem like bad advice to follow.

The Trunks and SSJ3 Goku heads both have the same recommendation.

The Trunks and SSJ3 Goku heads both have the same recommendation.

Oh okay, cool. Is that just so the plastic won't be too thick when putting everything together?

I've been thinking about doing that with my Datong Super Saiyan Vegeta to get the face pushed in the head a little bit more.

Be careful with that recommendation folks, I know a few folks Trunks heads had all the paint wash off by submerging it in hot water.

you say this and yet you have scouter Vegeta and ssj vegeta :lol

I actually get what you mean though, kinda

but i can separate those two with evil and good evil.

Oh poppycock! To me that's like when someone says "i cant buy Broly because Broly is non-canon therefor he wouldnt be appropriate in my display"

Like you said you still have some space left, I'm sure Vegito could fit & I know you would come up with an awesome pose for him! But alas, I can't change your mind if you feel that way, so to each his own :lecture

isn't that something silrian would say? :lol

i know for one thing that broly will destroy my current display so perhapswith the rebuild i may have a spot for him? :dunno

Hey blood, I'm looking to get a Figuarts Green Ranger and know he's gone up a bit, what do you think is a reasonable price range for him?

no more than 60

I don't mean to go off topic or interrupt anyone but I could use a little help...does anyone here have a spare right shoulder gi piece for a Figuarts Gohan? I received a damaged one in a trade and it's missing that part.

The saiyan bootleg is way easier to detect if they don't mod it to a namek version. The massive white lines on the armour panels are really obvious.

Yeah they forgot to paint the brown outlines on the edges of the panels by the looks of it. I knew something looked off when I first seen it.

I ordered one anyway to make a namek version. Hopefully the heads are decent too so I can make some ssj heads from it.

Looks like great custom fodder. I only hope that they don't stray too far with these bootlegs.
I wouldnt worry about that, they only seem to be going after sold out favourites, so only the scalpers are affected.

That said, I hope no one buys the bootleg Goku thats kicking about or any other still available figure in the future. I draw the line at saving a few bucks just for the sake of it. If you do dont expect me to so much as talk to you, thats taking revenue away from Tamashii and in turn puts this line in danger, I cant stand for that.

That Datong Scouter Vegeta looks pretty decent actually. Add some minor touch ups and it'll look even closer to the original. I may also color his blast to purple so as to have a Galic Gun. Can't wait till my comes in. Hopefully next week

I will say it looks a little taller taller than the original. Unless that's just how they're posed.

I just noticed the pink painted crushed scouter piece and lol'd; is the normal scouter painted instead of clear? I just find it hilarious that they went through the trouble of copying so much of scouter Vegeta then cheaped out on his most iconic piece :lol

Be careful with that recommendation folks, I know a few folks Trunks heads had all the paint wash off by submerging it in hot water.

I'll keep that in mind.

Edited:...That may actually be helpful for Super Saiyan Vegeta's face, ha.

I just noticed the pink painted crushed scouter piece and lol'd; is the normal scouter painted instead of clear? I just find it hilarious that they went through the trouble of copying so much of scouter Vegeta then cheaped out on his most iconic piece :lol

I believe I read somewhere that the regular scouter is clear, just the crushed one is painted on.

Edited:
$_12.JPG

Back