S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dragonball Z figures

Awesome another set of Banpresto Scultures. Looks like SS Goku, Bardock, Perfect Cell, Super Vegeta, Raditz, and Nappa. I can't wait to see what the Super Vegeta looks like.

On the DBFigures forum, we believe we're seeing the first "two-part" SCultures statue. In which you can pair Vegeta and Cell together for this pose:

Look very closely at the photos and the way Vegeta is posed as well as Cell's expression. It matches this image from the Manga perfectly.

Dragonball_OreWaSupaBejita_2_by_Nos.jpg
(Note: This is a colorized version of the original line-work)

Oh wow, yeah. How big are these? I would really like to get the Bardock and Raditz sculptures. Thanks, Bardoon!

They're not that big, typically stand between 5-9 inches and sometimes more depending on the character and sculpt. However, they feature some really dynamic poses (outside of the regular "powering up" pose we see a lot of DBZ figures in) and they also do a lot of the DBZ characters outside of the main ones (like Launch, Ox King, Android 18, DB Yamcha, etc.). It's likely given the poses and such, Nappa and Vegeta will be around that 9 inch mark. The recent Trunks one is actually a comparable scale to the Figuarts ZERO Trunks. Someone on DBFigs posted a photo of them together and they look awesome.

What's amazing is the paint quality. It's EXTREMELY well done with different tones and shades, stuff you would expect on resin or polystone statues but these are PVC so they're extremely affordable around $20-$30. However, because they're already 4 waves in with this fifth one coming up, some of the older ones are getting pricier (Like SSJ3 Goku).

Check on the DBFigures board for more Angelo, I know you're on there.

They're not that big, typically stand between 5-9 inches and sometimes more depending on the character and sculpt. However, they feature some really dynamic poses (outside of the regular "powering up" pose we see a lot of DBZ figures in) and they also do a lot of the DBZ characters outside of the main ones (like Launch, Ox King, Android 18, DB Yamcha, etc.). It's likely given the poses and such, Nappa and Vegeta will be around that 9 inch mark. The recent Trunks one is actually a comparable scale to the Figuarts ZERO Trunks. Someone on DBFigs posted a photo of them together and they look awesome.

What's amazing is the paint quality. It's EXTREMELY well done with different tones and shades, stuff you would expect on resin or polystone statues but these are PVC so they're extremely affordable around $20-$30. However, because they're already 4 waves in with this fifth one coming up, some of the older ones are getting pricier (Like SSJ3 Goku).

Check on the DBFigures board for more Angelo, I know you're on there.

Yeah, I just found the forum. I've been looking on Amazon and they look amazing. I really like how they pose the characters. The painting detail, like you said, is really well done, too. It'll be interesting to see how Raditz and Bardock come out. I'm not usually interested in statues but they may change my mind. Thanks!

Here's the pic of SCultures Trunks and Figuarts ZERO next to each other...they look great together. Gives you a sense of the scale as well.

fe97d35e.jpg

SCultures 4 Goku with Trunks..

9b2727af.jpg

They look fantastic next to each other. The hair on the Scultures Trunks is really well done, the movement is so natural. I think I found a new pose for my S.H. Figuarts Trunks. The one on the left is Manga colors, right?

How often do the waves come out?

Yes. The one on the left is Manga colors.

To my best knowledge, it's a Wave a year. They usually release about 6-8 statues with 1-2 coming out in monthly "blocks". Towards the end of the year, they're all released.

1397111_194662444053311_1664892858_o.jpg

SCultures 4 line-up had 8 figures. Looks like SCultures 5 will have 6

image.png

I just realized, with the release of Datong Scouter Vegeta & Normal Goku still at retail, a custom Turles should be cake! Although you'd have to alter the wrist gauntlets

Turless.jpg

Thanks for the information, Bardoon! I've spent the last hour looking all of them up. Really cool line.

I just realized, with the release of Datong Scouter Vegeta & Normal Goku still at retail, a custom Turles should be cake! Although you'd have to alter the wrist gauntlets

View attachment 141764

It would be interesting for somebody to take that challenge.

I always thought Turles would be an easy custom if they released Raditz. Well, I feel if Raditz is released, Turles shouldn't be that difficult for Tamashii to produce anyways. One mold for multiple uses.

Didn't know if I was going to commit to customizing a Datong Vegeta into a Namek Vegeta because I didn't know how it would look. After looking at this picture, I'm looking forward to it.

Bandai-S-H-Figuarts-Dragon-Ball-Limited-Edition-Vegeta-Action-Figure.jpg

I modded the legit figuarts. I repaired it when I sold my second vegeta lol. I don't regret it because you can't notice it and I'll never sell this figure anyway.

I don't think we'll ever get nyone who actually faced vegeta in that outfit so I gave up on wanting him. I just don't see ginyus or zarbon happening, ever really.

I really hope we get buu era vegeta soon and I'll have my three vegeta's in their three most iconic suits. Villain, antihero, hero.

I always liked his namek getup the most, I think thats why I did mine, got rid of it though because I messed it up. The datong version will be attempt two :p

Didn't know if I was going to commit to customizing a Datong Vegeta into a Namek Vegeta because I didn't know how it would look. After looking at this picture, I'm looking forward to it.

View attachment 141776

Those do look really good. Especially the heavily battle damaged one as I'm a sucker for battle damaged. Don't think I'll mod him to a Namek version though. Like Silrian said we probably won't get Ginyu Force (which is a real bummer :( ) so no point for me but if anyone else does I hope you share on here. I love seeing customs :)

I liked his second Namek get-up as well. With the darker (almost black) jumpsuit and the shoulder pad-less outfit.

You actually don't see much merchandise with him in this outfit:

FriezaAppears.jpg

That outfit never made sense to me tbh; if it was so much better and newer than the other style, then why didnt Frieza or the Ginyus wear it? I mean he had it on his ship for goodness sake!

...Even better! Dang, those are amazing customs. It doesn't really matter to me whether I'll have somebody from the Namek Saga to pair up with. I like the design.

That outfit never made sense to me tbh; if it was so much better and newer than the other style, then why didnt Frieza or the Ginyus wear it? I mean he had it on his ship for goodness sake!

Frieza didn't need the armor to begin with, it was just a common design for the space villains/Frieza's army. It could have been purposely made for Frieza, too, since Zarbon or Dodoria didn't wear it.

Back