S.H. Figuarts DC Extended Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered the Harley.

I've yet to see a Joker that looks food as 6" figure, they have all looked a bit off so far.

2cc706dc63564d88b2d319be97439793.png

Once again, I got some new pictures I found on Instagram. Here's some in hand pictures of the Mafex Harley Quinn:
eadc0df56fde32098a54c05def84e3f6.png

And for those who are interested, here's Mafex compared to the S.H.Figuarts:
3aaf16036215817af599dd158d56559a.png
4d25fc783b89f12b6c247c7bebeae71a.png

Not sure which is better as I don't have either. Hard to say from looking at pictures. I will say I am disappointed with what I'm seeing of the Figuarts Harley heads. The prototype looked so perfect! These are still good, but not that prototype level of awesome IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had payment notice from HLJ for Figuarts Harley today. Looking forward to getting her in hand. Just need the DK Batman and Joker next!

So what happened to the hosery on Harley's lower legs? They stop at the knees. Is that film accurate?

No not at all. It appears to be there on the figure, but for some reason it's way less defined than how it is above the knee.

References:
325f94b21c7c5c014c399e3716e08ea3.jpg
a8ea08a527618cf1bbbf00f029680250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there's a couple things that bug me with how the figure turned out the first is the paint job . Another thing is her stockings seem to go down all the way on the figure ,but it's so hard to tell becasue when you get past the knee it's not noticeable unless your looking closely at that area . Also to me the one hand looks like they didn't even paint it since the hand ball joint is a different color than the hand . It's not the worst but not the best either and it's kind of sad when you go back and see how great the prototype pictures looked .

I kind of like this Figurarts Harley Queen (the Mafex looks alright too), it's a hard design to translate over a figure. But yeah it's too approximative.

Not of a fan of the head paint job and only one of the 3 heads has a very good sculpt (the semi-smiling one), the other 2 are meh..

GoodSmile Figma would have done a better job, too bad they don't get as many licences, they're clearly the better brand. Can't say enough how much this brand of figures is miles above Figurarts and Mafex.

I'm still always curious to see how Figurarts figures turn out, even if I don't buy them (I think I have only like 3 or 4 Figurarts in my collection, and I stopped displaying them). Some did impress me (the Bruce Lee they did was awesome) but overall most of the times it feels like they could have done a better job.

Mezco One:12 Collection definitely has the upper hand on these smaller figures. I may buy their Harley Quinn (after the Hot Toys one of course which is the absolute perfect figure, can't wait).

I kind of like this Figurarts Harley Queen (the Mafex looks alright too), it's a hard design to translate over a figure. But yeah it's too approximative.

Not of a fan of the head paint job and only one of the 3 heads has a very good sculpt (the semi-smiling one), the other 2 are meh..

GoodSmile Figma would have done a better job, too bad they don't get as many licences, they're clearly the better brand. Can't say enough how much this brand of figures is miles above Figurarts and Mafex.

I'm still always curious to see how Figurarts figures turn out, even if I don't buy them (I think I have only like 3 or 4 Figurarts in my collection, and I stopped displaying them). Some did impress me (the Bruce Lee they did was awesome) but overall most of the times it feels like they could have done a better job.

Mezco One:12 Collection definitely has the upper hand on these smaller figures. I may buy their Harley Quinn (after the Hot Toys one of course which is the absolute perfect figure, can't wait).

Although these latest Figuarts Harley pictures don't look as good as the original promo pics, I'd choose them over Figma.

Goodsmile Figma does an excellent job with their animated/manga licenses or characters that are illustrated, but I'm not really a fan of their live action or realistic representations.

A good example is their Bruce Lee. To me, that figure is laughable compared to the Figuarts version. It's more of a Stylized Bruce Lee. Also something seems a little off with their Thor figure likeness.

Although these latest Figuarts Harley pictures don't look as good as the original promo pics, I'd choose them over Figma.

Goodsmile Figma does an excellent job with their animated/manga licenses or characters that are illustrated, but I'm not really a fan of their live action or realistic representations.

A good example is their Bruce Lee. To me, that figure is laughable compared to the Figuarts version. It's more of a Stylized Bruce Lee. Also something seems a little off with their Thor figure likeness.

I agree Figma fk up with realistic characters from movies. I don't know whether it's copyright issue (like on their Robocop, they didn't have the rights to do make it look like Peter Weller..) or if they're so used to doing animes characters that the sculptors at Figma have no clue how to sculpt realistic faces.
And yeah Figurart's Bruce Lee is definitely a lot better.

That being said, I prefer everything else Figma does: the paint job, paint app, the articulations, the solidity of their figures, overall it's always 5 out of 5. Their upcoming Berserk figures are completely awesome (especially Femto, both versions, it's an automatic buy for me).

There's something about Figurart figures that feel so cheap. I think it's because of the paint.. Because the articulations are great, the sculpts are most of the times good (if not great), I can't complain here. I think it has more to do with the paint job and paint app. Something doesn't click when I see those figures, can't really put my finger on what's the real problem. Like this Harley Quinn figure, I think the main problem is the paint, the colors are right, but... it's off. Weird.

Anyway, I also have another problem in general with those figures: the more I get older, the more I want "real" clothes on my figures. I find it hard to justify paying sometimes 60-70$ (with shipping) for figures made of plastic only and where you see the articulations.

I agree Figma fk up with realistic characters from movies. I don't know whether it's copyright issue (like on their Robocop, they didn't have the rights to do make it look like Peter Weller..) or if they're so used to doing animes characters that the sculptors at Figma have no clue how to sculpt realistic faces.

That being said, I prefer everything else Figma does: the paint job, paint app, the articulations, the solidity of their figures, overall it's always 5 out of 5. Their upcoming Berserk figures are completely awesome (especially Femto, both versions, it's an automatic buy for me).

There's something about Figurart figures that feel so cheap. I think it's because of the paint.. Because the articulations are great, the sculpts are most of the times good (if not great), I can't complain here. I think it has more to do with the paint job and paint app. Something doesn't click when I see those figures, can't really put my finger on what's the real problem. Like this Harley Quinn figure, I think the main problem is the paint, the colors are right, but... it's off. Weird.

Anyway, I also have another problem in general with those figures: the more I get older, the more I want "real" clothes on my figures. I find it hard to justify paying sometimes 60-70$ (with shipping) for figures made of plastic only and where you see the articulations.
Maybe the colours arent vibrant enough? That's something the mafex got right

Totally understand what you mean! Love everything else from them.

I've got all of their Bersek figures as well and I'm definitely picking up Femto. The other God Hand figures I'm not so sure. Mostly because they seem static with not much articulation. I know that was inherent to their characters anyway, but for the price point, I have a hard time justifying it.

As far as the paint, I'd say for the most part Figuarts is solid and more consistent compared to what we usually get from Mafex.

And you're right, like you I can't really put my finger on what is off with these latest Figuarts Harley Quinn pictures. The promo pics were so good, but these latest in hand pics are a little off putting. Don't really know what happened there.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more in hand pics soon. I'm still hoping they'll include the "lucky you" tattoo. Don't know why it's missing in the first place.

Maybe the colours arent vibrant enough? That's something the mafex got right

I know. After seeing the latest Mafex pics, I'm surprised the in hand figure turned out so well.

Back