Rumour: Susan to stop representing Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking on the bright side, at least there's someone more unpopular than Rian Johnson on here now.

Jon must have some pretty big influence at Sideshow if they let her go on his "facts" alone. I mean, clearly the internet is riddled with negative remarks about this guy and they are still listening to him and actually fired someone for him. Seems like bad business...

This baffles me as well. How could he carry that much influence, and more than a FTE of more than 5 years? He isn't THAT powerful or have that many subscribers. Too many companies vastly overestimate the cache these influencers bring to their channels, and worry too much about the harm they can do if their demands aren't met.

This baffles me as well. How could he carry that much influence, and more than a FTE of more than 5 years? He isn't THAT powerful or have that many subscribers. Too many companies vastly overestimate the cache these influencers bring to their channels, and worry too much about the harm they can do if their demands aren't met.

I feel like its justified in certain industries...video games for example. But in collectibles? I'm not so sure. I could care less what Jon says about anything collectibles wise.

From what I've pieced together, this was not simply a case of Deak waving his hand and saying "I wish her gone" and Sideshow complied. Rather it sounds like he stalked all of her instagram/facebook/whatever posts and found anything that he could report in a negative light (Like her boyfriend importing toys from Hong Kong etc) or outright making things up to sour Sideshow's opinion of her.

Went through this entire thread

...what the ****

Whoever this Jon Deak guy is, he sucks.

I don't care for any of these Youtube toy reviewer personalities. My opinion on a figure is the only one that counts in my book.

From what I've pieced together, this was not simply a case of Deak waving his hand and saying "I wish her gone" and Sideshow complied. Rather it sounds like he stalked all of her instagram/facebook/whatever posts and found anything that he could report in a negative light (Like her boyfriend importing toys from Hong Kong etc) or outright making things up to sour Sideshow's opinion of her.

I remember a month or so ago Susan made her personal social media accounts private because, and I'm guessing here, she was having issues with someone going over the line. I wonder if that has anything to do with this.

Is the guy in the video Susan's boyfriend?

Affirmative, Ghost Rider.

I know the wound is still fresh, but that might not have been the best time to put out a video. But he did. I get it. He's defending her honor, heck, defending her livelihood. Emotions can be such a trip.

That would line up, timeline-wise, because for a while late last year/earlier this year it seemed like Zach and Deak were on good terms. Zach was a member of OSS and I think he and Deak even did a video or two together.

Then Deak got jealous of Zach's relationship with Susan and that was that.

It's interesting that this thread was posted a month ago about a rumor that Susan was done at Sideshow, but Susan says she showed up for work yesterday and got canned with zero warning. That she didn't see it coming.

I think you're right, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense to me that SS would take his word over hers in what is essentially a he-said/she-said matter. If a fan were to have levied the same accusations to me about one of my employees, I can assure you it would take more than scurrilous accusations and jealousy for me to dismiss them.

This dude sounds like he doesn’t deserve this new position. Cutthroat tactics like that shouldn’t be tolerated. I hope he doesn’t last long.

Hmmm, on that John Wick unboxing video Jon did, any comment asking where Susan was has been scrubbed. It's all just asskissing.

Yeah, that'll get people to stop talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back