Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN (Coming 10/19/2007)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah my wife loves Horror movies, probably more than me. She is the one who went out and Fandango'd the tickets for tonight and informed me that we were going. :lol

Thats great! All my wife is interested in ever watching is "Chick Flicks" O.K. I guess its not all that bad, she's watched all the Rocky's and Rambo's multiple times so its not all that bad.
:D

I just got back from seeing it. I loved it. There were a few scenes that made my girfriend almost jump out of her seat. This version is 100x better than the leaked work print.

Other than the original, this is the best Halloween. Tyler Mane is the best Michael Myers. Sadly Malcolm McDowell is no Donald Pleasance and Brad Dourif is no Charles Cyphers. Dr. Loomis and Sheriff Lee Brackett were kind of weak in this film. 8/10

One of the worst horror films (and films in general) I've ever seen. Halloween was way too ambitious a project for Zombie. I laughed at so many things that knew I wasn't supposed to laugh at. Wow. The man had no clue how the orignal Halloween worked.

Deep down Rob really wanted to make a TCM movie. No wait...

"I feel it's the worst thing any filmmaker can do. I actually got a call from my agent and they asked me if I wanted to be involved with the remake of Chain Saw. I said no ____ing way! Those movies are perfect- you're only going to make yourself look like an ******* by remaking them." - Rob Zombie on Remakes (2002)

Did Zombie explain the reason behind connecting Myers and Laurie as brother and sister?

Not in the film (I hope it was explained there) but in changing the actual storyline, if so can someone post a link? I'm interested to read his motives

Aren't they brother and sister in the original?

No. In the original Halloween, the premise was the boogeyman stalks babysitters and Michael was the embodiment of the boogeyman, but there was no rationale really to his killings. When Debra Hill and John Carpenter wrote Halloween 2, they got into creating the brother sister relationship in that film, so to be true to the original, the blood tie would not exist, but being true to Halloween lore, it is there. As a writer, I'm sure Zombie couldn't help but come up with things based on his knowledge of the series and not just solely from the first film.

No. In the original Halloween, the premise was the boogeyman stalks babysitters and Michael was the embodiment of the boogeyman, but there was no rationale really to his killings. When Debra Hill and John Carpenter wrote Halloween 2, they got into creating the brother sister relationship in that film, so to be true to the original, the blood tie would not exist, but being true to Halloween lore, it is there. As a writer, I'm sure Zombie couldn't help but come up with things based on his knowledge of the series and not just solely from the first film.

Ah okay I got ya, sucks about Lynch.

Back