Rob Zombie to direct Halloween sequel.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerosmith

Super Freak
Reaction score
From IMDB

Rob Zombie Returns For Halloween Sequel
16 December 2008 6:07 AM, PST

Rocker-turned-director Rob Zombie has signed to make a sequel to his Halloween horror movie, just months after vowing never to return to the franchise.

Zombie's 2007 remake of John Carpenter's classic horror film proved a huge hit, grossing $60 million (GBP40 million) at the U.S. box office.

Studio chiefs were keen to tie him down to a sequel, but he vehemently refused, until a break helped him fall in love with the franchise again.

He explains, "I was so burned out, but I took a break, made a record and I got excited again."

Zombie now faces a race against time to have H2 ready to hit cinemas in time for Halloween on 31 October 2009.

He says, "Now we'll be hauling ass. That's the problem with making a movie called Halloween. If you come out on November 1st or after, nobody cares. If it was called anything else, it'd be fine."

I'll probably see it. The 1st one was okay, but I like his music more than his movies.

Ahh c'mon guys it wasn't that bad! :monkey3 No seriously, it doesn't even touch Carpenters but all in all it wasn't that bad of a film.

Yeah i'll probably see it too but the whole thing about Michael Meyers being an emotionally abused "rocker" kid was pretty lame. It's too easy to write about the abused kid so of course he becomes a souless murderer instead of making him so completely normal - which most serial killers are.

I didn't mind his remake. It wasn't great and it wasn't horrible either. I personally wish he would come up with his own thing to do. I need some more devil's rejects and capt spaulding!!

I was hoping he'd do something original next, but this is fine. What about T Rex and El Superbeasto?

Yeah i'll probably see it too but the whole thing about Michael Meyers being an emotionally abused "rocker" kid was pretty lame. It's too easy to write about the abused kid so of course he becomes a souless murderer instead of making him so completely normal - which most serial killers are.

Exactly why I didn't like the movie. I wanted to watch Myers like I knew him.
Not some little chubby crazy kid beating up his personal bullies.
Plus why the hell was Michael Myers the size of a predator ? :confused::monkey4:rotfl

Exactly why I didn't like the movie. I wanted to watch Myers like I knew him.
Not some little chubby crazy kid beating up his personal bullies.
Plus why the hell was Michael Myers the size of a predator ? :confused::monkey4:rotfl

It seems like the idea behind it is that it's easier for the audience to say "oh that kid is f'ed up so i can see him being a killer, rather than making the audience be uncomfortable with the fact that the kid is just like your younger brother or the kid next door.

didnt Michael Myers supposedly get shot in the mug by Lori? come to think of it, they didnt really show where she shot him so they might be able to pull it off. Having said that, i really liked the Rob Zombie remake so bring on the sequel.

I actually really liked the remake, I thought it was an interesting retelling while keeping the same feel of the original. I'll definitely be checking it out.

I actually really liked the remake, I thought it was an interesting retelling while keeping the same feel of the original. I'll definitely be checking it out.

I agree with you except the part where you said "keeping the same feel of the original" I liked the film but to me it was more of a sequel than anything else. It felt almost nothing like the original but was still a decent film.

Same here...I really enjoyed his re-envisioning of the Michael Myers character and personally can't wait to see what he comes up with for the sequel.

Back