River Tam Animated Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Protozaius

Chief Defender of Faith
Reaction score
Why can't Serenity ever catch a break. I mean really! First we get those Little Damn Heroes from Quantum Mechanix, now this:

901093press05001.jpg

What the? :gah::gah::gah:

It bears saying again...THANK GOD for Trevor's Firefly Sculpts! :clap:clap:clap

I saw it a while back and I just really didn't like it. It's not something I would ever buy. For me, it really needs to look like the actor. Even my smg pf's and maquette are pretty darn close.

Funny, usually you get these "animated" maquettes or super-deformed figures AFTER you have serviced the characters with decent life-like representations. Not before. :gah::gah::gah:

I kinda like it but I don't think that I'd ever buy it.

Meh...I like the Little Damn Heroes, but this is not cool IMO. Why can't SS or another company makes some "serious" collectibles for this franchise. (Yes I know about the Serenity ship, but I really want PFs or maquettes)

I love that pose. Makes me wish Hot Toys did a petite body that would be capable of holding that for when Trev gets to River.

Even if you don't like it, what's the harm in it existing and being sold?

Because if it doesn't sell then its just another kick to the nuts of Firefly fans that are willing to spend hard earned cash for DECENT product.

The more these absolutely LAME or HALF ASSED products get released and FAIL to sell the people running these companies think we don't support the license. They're too dim to realize the product stunk.

Because if it doesn't sell then its just another kick to the nuts of Firefly fans that are willing to spend hard earned cash for DECENT product.

The more these absolutely LAME or HALF ASSED products get released and FAIL to sell the people running these companies think we don't support the license. They're too dim to realize the product stunk.

:lecture :goodpost::exactly::hi5:

I suppose that's a risk.

Maybe they figured the anime-style would appeal to Firefly fans, since that verse has Aian influence. And who knows, it might actually be real popular and selling well. Is there any way of knowing?

The negative -- If you're right, we're doomed as lines will keep shutting down before they really get going due to low sales. If you're wrong and sales are decent, then the message is sent that the status quo works. Would that also mean that the fanbase agreed to settle for less? Maybe.

The positive -- If you're right, the cost of a Whedon license will continue to drop and may (hopefully) fall into the hands of a production house more committed to actor likeneses.

I suppose that's a risk.

Maybe they figured the anime-style would appeal to Firefly fans, since that verse has Aian influence. And who knows, it might actually be real popular and selling well. Is there any way of knowing?

You've got a point. The Asian culture is strong in the Verse.

However, the fact that most if not all of the people posting here in this thread are, for whatever reason, "passing" on the piece is not a good sign.

The negative -- If you're right, we're doomed as lines will keep shutting down before they really get going due to low sales. If you're wrong and sales are decent, then the message is sent that the status quo works. Would that also mean that the fanbase agreed to settle for less? Maybe.

The positive -- If you're right, the cost of a Whedon license will continue to drop and may (hopefully) fall into the hands of a production house more committed to actor likeneses.

I can understand what you are saying, but this is the altered reality of licensing and property rights where companies like Fox will hold onto the rights to something that they will never use again rather than sell it away to a competitor that might be able to resurrect it.

You're dead right. Every Firefly / Serenity item that's ever been mass produced has ranged from LAME the OUTRIGHT HORRIBLE. (I really don't consider the ship to be mass produced) The only decent things out there are fan made items. I've seen more marketable items on this thread than anywhere else on the internet.

Old Grandpa

You're dead right. Every Firefly / Serenity item that's ever been mass produced has ranged from LAME the OUTRIGHT HORRIBLE. (I really don't consider the ship to be mass produced) The only decent things out there are fan made items. I've seen more marketable items on this thread than anywhere else on the internet.

Old Grandpa

Glad you added that extra bit, since while not cheap, it is far from Lame or horrible :lol

Either way, I'm just going to keep working towards soem custom commission PF's, as I don't expect to see them any other way.

Back