Rit Dye More 1/6 figure clothing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fabric Dyes have come a long way.

Rit has introduced a new line of synthetic fabric dyes.

I have used them on white tee-shirts and other 1/6 scale clothing items with a great deal of success. used to darken brown clothing.

Unlike the older Rit Dyes this product actually works on a wider range of material fabrics.

Just though I would pass it along.

There is a limited range of colors at the moments. I have used the blue, red, brown and black.... they all worked great.

ritdye.jpg

I noticed this line. I like that they are liquid since it lends itself to mixing colors with an eye dropper rather than using a micro scale with powder.

Wish i would have taken before and after pictures to show how well the product works...

The trouble with any rit dye it uses water. Water can cause the leather to shrink after being immersed in liquid i.e. Water. You would probably be better off using a leather dye. If you do not mind a glossy finish then there is black liquid shoe polish which will easily change the color and is less expensive than leather dyes.

In regards to making a brown belt black, either use Kiwi Brand leather dye, or just paint it with acrylic paints (watered down or undiluted). Not much too it.

Kiwi leather dye actually looks pretty inexpensive. I hear it's a pretty easy process too, just brush it on.

thank you ifrack & Mr. E!

I used the RIT Dye More recently too and really like it. I got some iDye for synthetics but its a powder - has anyone tried this brand? I need to dye a white polyester tunic a nice dark red/crimson colour.

Back