"Rise... a knight!" My Balian (Kingdom of Heaven) WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Vicious

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys

Started working on my 1/6 Orlando Bloom as Balian in the movie Kingdom of Heaven today.
I'll post new pictures as I make progress, along with the recipe...

So, for starters some pics of the first phase:

Recipe so far:

- headsculpt: HT Will Turner: will need some work since Orlando's hair was longer in KoH and he had a bit of a beard

- body: regular HT body

- chain mail: Ignite/Dragon Lord Arnaut. I had to search quite a bit to find some realistic looking chainmail. Ignite/Dragon has some Crusader figures, and Sideshow has the Monty Puthon knights, but their chainmail looks a bit too silvery and, well, weird. Then I stumbled on the 1/6 figures from the movie Timeline: Lord Arnaut and Lord De kere both have some nice pieces of chain mail. It's rubber, but very realistic looking I think

- blue overcoat and belt: Ignite crusader. Both will need some work, since Balian has a symbol on his overcoat (Protector of Jeruzalem, or something) that I will need to make and attach...

- sword was a custom-made regular sword someone over at the OSW-forum made for me; it's not a replica of the movie sword, but it's close enough, for now

Very cool, ive been trying to win the HT will scuplt to have a go at this.

Because of his hair i was going to do him in full battle gear with the helmet on.

looks great LV and i really like the look of that chainmail. good find with that.

Great work man... This is a figure I have desperately wanted to put together myself. You are doing a great job on him so far, I can't wait to see it finished. :rock

I was checking out some more reference pictures and I can't figure out what a particular piece of leather/armor is for or how it is supposed to be worn. I've highlighted what I mean in the picture.
Anyone know what it's for? Some kind of neck protection? It looks it's leather on the outside, but has chain mail on the inside...

I was checking out some more reference pictures and I can't figure out what a particular piece of leather/armor is for or how it is supposed to be worn. I've highlighted what I mean in the picture.
Anyone know what it's for? Some kind of neck protection? It looks it's leather on the outside, but has chain mail on the inside...

Could it actually be his chain mail hood? Sort of like what the guy on the right is wearing. Maybe it's a separate piece and it's too heavy to wear in back so you sort of hold it over your shoulder. The leather would be the interior liner. I'll have to pop the movie in to see if he still has it when he wears his hood.

Definitely an underrated movie -- especially the extended cut. Would have loved to have seen this as an HBO series ala Rome. It was such a rich environment and so many political twists.

I think people were expecting "Gladiator" but this movie was very ambitious and interesting. Gorgeous to look at too.

Could it actually be his chain mail hood? Sort of like what the guy on the right is wearing. Maybe it's a separate piece and it's too heavy to wear in back so you sort of hold it over your shoulder. The leather would be the interior liner. I'll have to pop the movie in to see if he still has it when he wears his hood.

Hmm, you could be right! Although Balian also seems to wear a kind of hood on his back, like I did it with my figure...

And you're right guys, KoH was a pretty good movie, although the director's cut is much better.

Hmm, you could be right! Although Balian also seems to wear a kind of hood on his back, like I did it with my figure...

And you're right guys, KoH was a pretty good movie, although the director's cut is much better.

Yep. The director's cut was much better... don't think I'd ever watch the theatrical cut again. The info they cut about him having experience building weapons, etc, from the beginning make his transformation into a leader at the end much more convincing.

It's an awesome Blu-Ray, too, I might add. Great way to show off HD material.

A ha. And after a little more snooping I think the piece you're asking about is a "Ventail". I don't think he ever used it though unless he tied it low around his throat.

Ventail

armorvenueimage.jpg

That's my best guess so far but now I'm dying to see the movie again...

Back