Reworked 1/6 SST Endor Rebel Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porkins73

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Finally fulfilled one of the few 1/6 project I want to do for the longest of the longest time. To rework a Star Wars Sideshow Endor Rebel Trooper.
I have all 3 of them and wanted to open and display them one by one. But just after opening the first one, the Infantry, I was so disappointed that there is no more desire to open the others. I thought some work need to be done to it.
Have since swapped out the Sideshow body with a DML body and it doesn't do anything. This one shown here are the third incarnation and probably the one I'd keep.

What I did :
1. Swapped out another body. Sorry dunno the brand of the body. It was bought cheaply at a local flea market store couple years back.
2. Throw out the plastic molded belt pouches and replaces with a couple of cloth M16 ammo pouches.
3. Swapped away the nylon strap (that Sideshow want us to believe it is a "belt") and replaced with a DML belt.
4. Weather the hell out of every fabric pieces.
5. Changed the Rifle sling with real leather strap.
6. Replaces a pair of gloves from Toys City gloves set from a few years ago.

That's about it.
Here are the outcome :

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2001_zpsaiabpxbe.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2002_zpshanpduno.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2009_zpshc4vlctd.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2008_zps2scybxh3.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2010_zpshr07k4on.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2005_zpsbmoamlta.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2006_zpsv5gcntvy.jpg

ENDOR%20REBEL%20COMMANDO%2011_zpsanxxmnre.jpg

A WIP picture to share :
IMG_20150827_125601_zpswfx6ytqk.jpg

Very nice. I happened to redo all my Endor rebels this weekend with body swaps and re-coloring the camo. Looks much better.

Back