Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ looks eh... Not digging it. It would be could if they released the classic characters from heroes mode.

Please someone answer this: How many forms of william do we see in this game? Also is nemesis type 2 in the game?

^ looks eh... Not digging it. It would be could if they released the classic characters from heroes mode.
Yeah, could just be that pose...

And his coat needs to be a tad longer and spread open:

10178313a.jpg

i like it because im killing zombies. could be way better but im loving going back to locations from my childhood. I like the atmosphere, the hospital was creepy. just wish it was alot longer. i wanna explore the horrors again. But it makes me wanna play RE2 and 3 again. i prefere this over 4 and 5. There, i said it!

Play left 4 dead. That game gets it right. Resident evil is not a FPS or tps. I can see why it doesn't work.

I'll add you guys later. Start a team. :hi5:

Sounds great!!! :hi5:

I just played 5 or so matches against the same team, all, of them using mics. My team, of course, did not rely on mics, and we got our butts handed to use every time!

We played on the Apocalypse map each time and each time, the other team made that one rooftop their stronghold. You know, the one with the locked case holding the G. launcher at the bottom of the stairs and the flamethrower located on the roof.

They teamed up there and we couldn't beat them at all...

Communication really is key.

I'm feeling lonely seeming to be the only one here that has it on the 360.

I gotten Apocalypse a lot to the point where I don't even vote for it anymore. In Heroes mode, the other team just camps out on a building top and never comes down. Sooooo boring.

Yep, I'm sure we're talking about the same spot.

Yeah we are. I've taken to choosing Ada and just sniping and healing my teammates. I tend to be the only one getting any Hero kills since my teammates tend to just run right into the deathtrap.

Out of the 5 or so games I played against those guys I never once thought to equip the sniper rifle and shoot at them from a distance...:slap :gah:

Ugh...... would that have made it easier to kill them or would they just keep healing themselves with that green herb up there?

Out of the 5 or so games I played against those guys I never once thought to equip the sniper rifle and shoot at them from a distance...:slap :gah:

Ugh...... would that have made it easier to kill them or would they just keep healing themselves with that green herb up there?

Well, it might depend on your teammates willingness to just throw themselves at the other team. Mine are usually very willing. The other team can't all heal with just the one herb and once they were out of sprays, it became a game of attrition. I would usually end up picking off two or three Heroes before time ran out, getting me plenty of points but sadly not much for the other guys. I did try to keep them alive with Ada's First Aid ability though (I mention Ada because I almost always get put on the USS. I think Claire is the SO equivalent.) but they appreantly liked dying.

Damn, ORC is really fun! I do feel like im back in racoon city. And the monsters and zombies are great.

Only 1 gripe at the moment and that it takes too much ammo to drop anything other than a standard zombie.

lol what a disappointing game. it was fun for about 1.5 hours. i find it very hard to see how anyone can fail this much at taking a simple concept and combining with such a successful franchise in resident evil. slant six has messed up another franchise after they killed socom.

Ive played it for a good few hours now. So ill give some thoughts on my journey so far. Though i will try to avoid spoilers.

But just in case be warned there might be a few things people new to the game today dont know yet so

***********************spoil

The controls i feel are great. In the heat of the moment i can get a bit flustered but that happens with any game. I can play the game like im Neo when there is a hand full of baddies but when the screen is going red because im bleeding, im surrounded by zombies whilst im trying to shoot Nemesis and im cloaked so the Spec ops team cant see me i just tend to run and dart anywhere i can so i can regroup myself.

The graphics are nice. Some of the game looks really nice but there will be a few things like the Tiger in the RPD station that looks quite ps2.

The Spider parasite things that latch onto the backs of the Zombies totally look like a nod to the Las Plagas spider things. As well as im fairly sure the character model for the Zombie that crashes the Tanker is 1 of the african guys from the village in RE 5.

Im not sure how i feel about this being a re-imaged Racoon city. In 1 of the earlier levels you walk into a room with a piano and a wall of big windows. And its clearly the piano room from the clock tower in RE Nemesis. But the rest of the building was different. And the RPD station. You can clearly tell what its meant to be but its alot smaller and got a fair bit of difference.

ers********************

Damn that didnt take long to complete! Though, i wont count it as fully done until i unlock all the weapons and decide to do the last level with another choice.

The game is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. All though i must concede it feels like a DLC game.

Sheva makes the AI in this game look like retards though. And they seriously need to let the "bosses" not be over the top spammy. Once you get caught against a wall or in the corner they just repeatedly swing an arm or something so you cant get up for about 50 seconds until you eventually die.

Also, in the last level did anybody catch the music? It was totally a remix of one of the remake tracks.

Last edited:
Let's start a web site called RETAKE RESIDENT EVIL:OPERATION RACOON CITY, and demand that the developers make another game from scratch since no one seems to like this one. Because we have that power now.

Ive got a feeling there will be a second operation racoon city.

(or there would be if it did well enough)

And i welcome it. I think Vector is awesome. And i want to see him and such and such with somebody and someone else take down something else thats been set up.

We should've just have gotten RE:Oubreak File3. Or instead of USS we played as Classic RE characters. I still think it's an okay, decent game. Oh well...

Back