Resident Evil: Degeneration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This moive pretty good but I thought that Leon looked freakin weird. Kind of a creepy half Asian American thing going on there or something.

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought he looked quite Asian. His character design is about 90% RE:4 with a new racing jacket to replace his bomber and a bit of a facial makeover. He looks like RE:4 Leon but not quite.

Movie started off with a bang and ended a bit weak however it beats the hell out of the last two Paul W. S. Anderson crap fests. I loved the first movie (and I think the Wilpharm portion of Degeneration borrows heavily from that concept) but part three killed that franchise for me.

Last edited:
It was OK, the first half was ridiculously stupid, but the second half (minus the end) was great.

The only thing that bothered me was the voice acting and lip syncing, sometimes the actors weren't doing very good, and there lips hardly moved when they were talking--and they were supposed to be forming english words with their mouth.

very good movie, kinda like what the live RE movies should have been. Dialogue is a bit cliched in places, but some of that may be due to the translation into Engrish.
If you love RE then see this movie. Leon does look a bit more asian in this that the game, but as it's made in Japan.......
Even my wife thought it was good, and she hates cg movies! so it must be alright. :lol

I downloaded it. Not bad. Definantly much better than the Paul W.S. Anderson movies. They really need to pass a law the prohibits him from being allowd to make movies ever again especially anything titled Resident Evil .

very good movie, kinda like what the live RE movies should have been.
Anything would've been better than that garbage.

I downloaded it. Not bad. Definantly much better than the Paul W.S. Anderson movies. They really need to pass a law the prohibits him from being allowd to make movies ever again especially anything titled Resident Evil .
:lecture Well said!!

Just finished watching the HD version. It was about as enjoyable as watching Resident Evil cutscenes strung together to form a movie. That's essentially what it was. I'm not sure if I'd rather play the movie as a game, it essentially copied RE2. The herky-jerky animation was a turn-off. I expected smooth animation like in today's standard CG films but it was really more of an RE2-style cutscene.

Was it just me, or did they totally model the female SRT member off Angelina Jolie?? All in all, it was enjoyable, I wouldn't pay for it though. I kinda wish they had picked up some better weapons though, I loves me some shotguns. Not really enough zombie-blasting action.

i guess i'll wait till the 27th or whenever it comes out rather than dl it. i'll buy it no matter what, just to support the RE franchise.

i guess i'll wait till the 27th or whenever it comes out rather than dl it. i'll buy it no matter what, just to support the RE franchise.

same, im really wanting to see this movie but rather wait to support it. cause with downloading you can always say youll get it when its released, but sometiems its hard buying a movie that you already "own"

finally got around to seeing the movie, it was really good IMO better than the paul anderson crap. And man now I want a figure of curtis!

Just watched it. Loved it. Just as the live action films should have been. Personally I'd love the Leon Degeneration update from HT with "under armor" styled shirt and black jacket. Not to mention a Claire, Angela and even infected Curtis. Probably ain't gonna happen though.

Did any of you guys pick up the movie today? I went out today and grabbed myself the DVD version and just now getting to watching it. I might get the BluRay version later on if the movie ends up being good (which so far so good).

crap i had to go to best buy to get a dsl modem and forgot this was out now. i'll pick it up next week when i take the router back for a refund once my internet provider sends me the replacement modem.

watched it last night and thought it was great, a hell of alot better then the live action movies. Would love to see hot toys make a clair and angela figure, leon wouldnt be to hard to do on your own though. I just thought the whole movie was gonna be done at the airport, and was thinking "they are running towards the light, something has gotta come up to stop them...."

also really liked the flashback scenes with claire and leon in the RE2 gear. I kinda expected to hear/see wesker in this movie but ah well. Hopefully they make another one sooner or later...maybe with characters from the oringal game.

Those flashbacks almost seem as if they were put in so merchandising (Hot Toys) could actually do an RE2 inspired Claire/Leon but still call them Resident Evil: Dengeneration figures. They were great to see it updated like that and in fact made me wish that we'd get some sort of Resident Evil updated pack like they used to do with other games putting them in the new format graphics. Unfortunately with the movie officially released and no word from HT I would doubt any products from this film. :(

they could always do a remake of RE2 like they did with the first one. I know I would buy that when it came out. Im surpised they didnt do a quick flashback of Ada and Leon when he was holding onto Angela at the end.

Back