Resident Evil: Degeneration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually didn't mind the first one. nothing like the game ofcourse, but a fun movie nevertheless. cheeseburger leave your brain at the door fun. not that i'm expecting to think in a zombie movie really...

I know this was posted on here before, maybe in the figures thread, it deserves it's own thread. It looks great and can't wait to see it. :rock

Looks interesting, ANYTHING will be better than those horrible 3 live action films...
:lecture To me those movies don't exist, they are an atrocity and sully the Resident Evil name.

If you are a fan of the Resident Evil franchise from the very first game like I am, then the movies are crap. The game stories and characters are so much more interesting than the movies.

I am one of those fans...and I liked the RE movies. I own most of the U.S. released RE games and own imported copies of Biohazard 1 & 2. The movies are mindless fun with RE monsters.

I do wish that the RE movies stuck a bit closer to the source material, a la Silent Hill (the film).

If you are a fan of the Resident Evil franchise from the very first game like I am, then the movies are crap. The game stories and characters are so much more interesting than the movies.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Resident Evil involves, Creepy sets, awesome lightning, creepy music, creepy dark and mysterious locations, and most of all, great stories.

Which is funny, because the movies were almost the complete opposite of almost everything that made the games great.

I like all the Resident Evil movies, very entertaining.
Of course, I didn't go into them with the baggage of
the games. Games are just not my thing. I do get
tired of the gamer negative rants about the movies.
Don't like them, don't watch them. Stay in your game
world.

i loved the resident evil series since the first game, and am really looking forward to both RE5 and Degeneration.....although seeing a RE1.5 or RE3.5 would be nice as well, but there seems to be no hope of that.

The movies would of been alright if they left the RE stuff out and made their own zombie movie and called it something else, but calling it RE gave alot of fans of the games high hopes for it only to be shot down later when it was released. The first movie should of really involved STARS....well basically the first game with extra parts at the beging and end....kinda like how the books played out some.

The gamers should have realized after the first movie it was going to be the way they wanted it. They can't seem to get over it. That's my biggest beef with the gamers, get over it. Since I'm not a gamer, I will not be going to watch this animated RE movie since it seems like it's more oriented to the games, however, I won't be crying about it.

I've played RE since #1 and enjoy the movies as a guilty pleasure. I just don't associate one with the other. :)
I love well crafted horror, but I can't deny there's a place in my heart for total schlock.

I am looking forward to the CG movie....it'll be really interesting to see the actual game storyline explored as a straight narrative.

I'm a HUGE RE fan and it's my faveorite VG series. I'm actually playing the GC version of RE1 right now (I'm about to enter the shark tank). Degeneration looks pretty cool and definantly better than the live movies though I must confess I can tolerate the first movie if I forget it's titled Resident Evil.

I like all the Resident Evil movies, very entertaining.
Of course, I didn't go into them with the baggage of
the games. Games are just not my thing. I do get
tired of the gamer negative rants about the movies.
Don't like them, don't watch them. Stay in your game
world.

LOL, if you havent played the game you dont know what the movie is about and if the movie is going to carry the title RESIDENT EVIL and carry the same characters id expect the story line to be similar, so no...

Your coming into the game world with this movie.

The gamers should have realized after the first movie it was going to be the way they wanted it. They can't seem to get over it. That's my biggest beef with the gamers, get over it. Since I'm not a gamer, I will not be going to watch this animated RE movie since it seems like it's more oriented to the games, however, I won't be crying about it.

Seems you have a problem with gamers and they're opinion.

So if the movie is good for the gamers you dont wanna watch it? thats the gist of your whole post.

not trying to start a fight with you oneye, but the movies themselves are just flat out bad movies. if it didn't have the name resident evil, the movies alone are just poorly done. cheap scare tactics, pathetic acting, ugly CGI, ridiculous action set pieces. the whole thing just...ugh.

if you like zombie movies, fine. i do too, but i just can't stand anderson's RE movies. i can care less if it was supposed to be an adaptation of the games...the movies just suck.

Even as someone who likes the movies I can't fault gamers (or anyone with taste, for that matter) for not liking them. They're junk food movies. But not even Frito Lay caliber junk food ....they're like the UTZ of junk food movies.

I love Resident Evil and I have high hopes for Degeneration. But I really wish they would take a shot a making a movie based around the books that were released.

The books [i have them all] are the best man, the story is awesome and it really goes deep into the umbrella world.

Back