Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are tricks to preserving pleather too like keeping your humidity in check and spraying it with protectant every month. This isn’t ideal ofcourse. But as you said the pleather+leather is worse and peels too. Looks stiff and thick, hard to tailor properly.

The Damtoys jacket from the gangster kingdom spades figure that I used for my custom Leon looks exactly like a leather jacket. But it’s not pleather. Just like a rough textured cotton or something. Wish they’d just use that instead of pleather for all figures.
My genuine leather belts and wallets starts flaking after 3 years, so less durable than the 5 years synthetic leather. Nowadays i only go full or topgrain.

And yes i always apply some coating on pleather. Tried tire shine, beewax, mink oil and now meguire hyper dressing (similar to 303 but cheaper). Tire shine gives the thickest gloss coat. Minkoil is the messiest and almost never dries and leaves residue on your hands. Beewax cream dries thin. Hyper dressing doesnt stain after dry and you can control the gloss by adding more water into the mix.

But key is environment humidity and temperature and the material itself. Those pleather trench coats from dragon decade ago still good but they are thicker.

Also most failure starts from underneath so unless you can coat both sides the application only helps maintain the good look of the surface.

Don't know if someone still have some interest in OG RE4 Leon, here's an update of my previous Leon I did. Call it a V2 Leon. I'm in the middle of working on Leon RE2 Remake, and eventually RE4 Remake Leon.

Leon RE4 1.png

Don't know if someone still have some interest in OG RE4 Leon, here's an update of my previous Leon I did. Call it a V2 Leon. I'm in the middle of working on Leon RE2 Remake, and eventually RE4 Remake Leon.

View attachment 653913
oh my GOD MAN! I felt the fire in my gut when I saw this, looks nearly perfect for OG Leon I would choose to display this over any remake Leon HS. Would be all in to get this. It looks sooo good. Is it finished or are you going to tweak it further?

That looks pretty damn good
Thank you :D
oh my GOD MAN! I felt the fire in my gut when I saw this, looks nearly perfect for OG Leon I would choose to display this over any remake Leon HS. Would be all in to get this. It looks sooo good. Is it finished or are you going to tweak it further?
Thank you :) It's nearly finished, tweaking only the hair and a little bit tweaking here and there. But the overall likeness won't be changed that much. The model references is really low on details and shape, so I can't do much unless to change it drastically. If you don't mind, follow my page on facebook so you can see what I've been working on. It's Stätsmann Custom Works, or @SigitoSutasmano on instagram. Thank you guys for the support, it means a lot.

Thank you :D

Thank you :) It's nearly finished, tweaking only the hair and a little bit tweaking here and there. But the overall likeness won't be changed that much. The model references is really low on details and shape, so I can't do much unless to change it drastically. If you don't mind, follow my page on facebook so you can see what I've been working on. It's Stätsmann Custom Works, or @SigitoSutasmano on instagram. Thank you guys for the support, it means a lot.

The hair looks WAY better now, I'm in on this next run for sure.

Due to our inspiration of Sigitos incredible new Leon sculpt, me and my buddy are potentially thinking of doing a run for RE4 2005 Leon.

Would include body, B3 Jacket, shirt, pants, accurate belt/straps/pouches and holsters. We're looking into options for sculpted hands and boots, as the old HT ones are hard to come by nowadays.

Were also considering doing a deluxe set with the armor vest and other pieces he acquires later in the game.

This is just a concept right now, we haven't gone into the details but would likely go with someone like Geewhiz (the more people interested the less expensive) So please let me know if you're interested.

Due to our inspiration of Sigitos incredible new Leon sculpt, me and my buddy are potentially thinking of doing a run for RE4 2005 Leon.

Would include body, B3 Jacket, shirt, pants, accurate belt/straps/pouches and holsters. We're looking into options for sculpted hands and boots, as the old HT ones are hard to come by nowadays.

Were also considering doing a deluxe set with the armor vest and other pieces he acquires later in the game.

This is just a concept right now, we haven't gone into the details but would likely go with someone like Geewhiz (the more people interested the less expensive) So please let me know if you're interested.
body choice will be important. i dont think most will like the idea of having a phicen body since it might wear and tear itself apart but that will be better than rubber bodies like AD BODY. haven't vouched or touched those bodies, but while they look nice and seamless, it wont be able to be posed long term.

scaling for the sculpture to body is also important as well for a more proportionate finish and fitting

since frank jaeger did RE stuff for jill, it probably wouldn't be bad or hurt to ask him to do weapons or maybe new gloves and boots, specifically the knife since i think that's a crucial weapon leon uses to kill ganados. just one concern for gloves and boots is that i hope they are maybe a softer plastic instead of hard resin, that's just asking for breakage and wont fit nicely into wrist pegs.

S01 wouldn't be a bad choice imo but other suggestion for bodies

1691200625329.png

body choice will be important. i dont think most will like the idea of having a phicen body since it might wear and tear itself apart but that will be better than rubber bodies like AD BODY. haven't vouched or touched those bodies, but while they look nice and seamless, it wont be able to be posed long term.

scaling for the sculpture to body is also important as well for a more proportionate finish and fitting

since frank jaeger did RE stuff for jill, it probably wouldn't be bad or hurt to ask him to do weapons or maybe new gloves and boots, specifically the knife since i think that's a crucial weapon leon uses to kill ganados. just one concern for gloves and boots is that i hope they are maybe a softer plastic instead of hard resin, that's just asking for breakage and wont fit nicely into wrist pegs.

S01 wouldn't be a bad choice imo but other suggestion for bodies

View attachment 654260
For me the most important part is getting the Silver Ghost pistol right. The hot toys and hot heart pistol are ugly and I’ve seen a few 3D printed life size pistols that are also way too inaccurate.

For me the most important part is getting the Silver Ghost pistol right. The hot toys and hot heart pistol are ugly and I’ve seen a few 3D printed life size pistols that are also way too inaccurate.
It's hard to believe when you consider the model from the game is RIGHT there. People do the same thing with the REmake magnums.

Those that have both Damtoys Claire which do you prefer? Remake or Classic?

Don't own the classic version but I feel like it should come down to which look you prefer between the two as they seem like they're ultimately the same figure.

Me personally, ive yet to play original RE2 as its not easily available on the market unfortunately, so while I really really like the classic look, but with the budget of only being able to get one Claire I went with the one that resonated more with me.

I would like to share with you this piece, the Tyrant T-002 from Resident Evil (2002) made in 1/6 scale (about 17 inches, or 44 cm not including the base). This was a project totally developed by https://linktr.ee/crisisestudio , that is to say, it was fully designed, printed and painted by them. As a matter of personal taste (it is the idea behind a personalized project) the logo was completely painted red, to further highlight the figure, it is my only "personal touch". If you want to contact https://linktr.ee/crisisestudio through his social networks, I'm sure he'll gladly answer you.
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 17.57.47 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.00.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.06.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.10.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.13.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.21 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.14.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.21.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.23.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 18.33.25.jpeg

Back