Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0385.jpeg

Before the price was revealed the comments were in favor of the figure, when MT announced their Ada and Ashley the comments were completely tearing them apart on here and everywhere else. I think people are just so hungry for Leon that they were willing to look past the sculpt and inaccuracies until they saw the price.

to be fair I wrote that after spending 30 seconds looking at it on my phone at work. My opinion changed later that day.

Before the price was revealed the comments were in favor of the figure, when MT announced their Ada and Ashley the comments were completely tearing them apart on here and everywhere else. I think people are just so hungry for Leon that they were willing to look past the sculpt and inaccuracies until they saw the price.
I was referring to the chainsaw guys with my comment.
I'll be skipping HH's Leon because I prefer to have more higher quality stuff in my collection. To us, these figures are collectible embodiment's of our favourite characters - not toys. I've wasted far too much $$$ on crappy kits that just simply weren't worth half the price.

I think what's starting to annoy a lot of collector's the most is seeing how these figures can look (Hot Toys, InArt, Lim, GT), and it's without a doubt spoiling us.
But the most annoying thing is how some companies keep throwing these low quality figures out there without bothering to make any improvements.
All we want is some decent quality RE stuff man. ☹️

Heck, all I want is that perfect, hyper realistic 1:1 scale version of Jill. Is that too much to ask for?? 🥲

I just can't take the figure seriously when it's designed to have bare arms and they just went with cheap, glossy, unpainted plastic. This is bare minimum stuff for me. I don't need or ask for every company to make their own custom bodies for every character, but at least paint the thing.

I had the same thing happening with the second outfit for Alita, Leons RE4 jacket and a spider man suit. So stressful every time this **** happens.

Those zippers are so delicate and a pain to get working again. Try putting it back on the way it came off with help tweezers. If it won’t budge you’re gonna have to pry it a little to widen the holes, put back on the track again and then clamp it back together tightly with somethiny. You have to be extremely careful cause it breaks so easily or if it gets deformed it will never zip properly again. This unfortunately happened to me once or twice before.

I learned my lesson and from now on I don’t zip anything completely open anymore and I added a tiny drop of superglue at the top of the zipper track as a sort of stopper so it won’t happen again.

Thanks for the advice, his jacket is still zipped up and I'm definitely a bit scared to unzip it, might do some more research before attempting. I'm also trying to think of anyone I could take it to, as I'm sure any normal seamstress/tailor definitely wouldn't be able to help.

I’m a barbie girl, in a barbie world…

The paint app is so bad that she could literally be a barbie. When is SW gonna step up their game man… They couldnt even add some skin texture? The sculpt itself looks good likeness wise. But the paint ruins it. As with all cheaply produced rooted hair, it needs trimming and styling to get to it’s full potential.

Aside from the head. It looks pretty good.

I’m a barbie girl, in a barbie world…

The paint app is so bad that she could literally be a barbie. When is SW gonna step up their game man… They couldnt even add some skin texture? The sculpt itself looks good likeness wise. But the paint ruins it. As with all cheaply produced rooted hair, it needs trimming and styling to get to it’s full potential.

Aside from the head. It looks pretty good.
Yeah SW figures have been a bit frustrating lately.
I feel like they have some of the better sclupt prints, but they always miss the mark on paint applications.
I'm not sure what I'll do with Rose yet. Part of me feels like saying screw it and strip the whole thing and re-doing the entire figure from the ground up.

Yeah SW figures have been a bit frustrating lately.
I feel like they have some of the better sclupt prints, but they always miss the mark on paint applications.
I'm not sure what I'll do with Rose yet. Part of me feels like saying screw it and strip the whole thing and re-doing the entire figure from the ground up.
I would get a nice tbleague body and either get a generic similar looking head that’s actually painted well on ebay. Or I would get this one repainted since the sculpting work itself looks pretty well done. There are many talented artists who could make this look great. And artists aren’t even that expensive nowadays. I follow a few of them on ig that have recently started their painting business and are doing repaints for as low as €50 to gain experience and build a customer base. It’s no 357department but way better than stock for sure.

Back