Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooooo anyone know how to refit a 1/6 zipper? got my Wesker in today and zipped down his shirt to mess with some stuff, zipped it back up and the zipper came straight off of the top. haven't touched it as I don't wanna mess it up but anyone know if its as simple as putting it back on the bottom? thanks.

1689733691333.png

1689733743839.png

Here he is in his zipperless glory. He truly looks amazing, really happy to be able to own this.

I have run into some issues though that the seller did not disclose, I assume they didn't realize rather than doing so maliciously. a couple of his grommets on his belt are missing, the button on his shoulder pouch is missing, and the top of the velcro on his vest doesnt really hold. But honestly none of it is too bad.

I can use double sided tape on the velcro, and im currently looking for pouches and a belt that are accurate to his REmake look, but options are scarce. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!

I'm also thinking of trying to find a new holster with one strap on his leg rather than 2.

Edit: thought of a fix for his pouch! oddly enough there are no similar pouches to what he wears in REmake anywhere that i could find, but i realize i can just use some extra buttons HT packs in with figures, gonna see if my Deathstroke has any as that should match. Now for the belt.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm surprised that people like that cosplayer Leon but tear MT apart for using the game models.
The fact that they're using the actual game models to print their sculpts just makes it even more odd how none of their RE figures accurately resemble the in-game models.
With the exception of RE2 Ada and maybe Ashley.
So maybe it's a paint application thing then?

RE MTTOYS.jpg

Generally agree, their Ada head is amazing. However, earlier this year their 2B head hurts my confidence, as the size of it is very small, it feels like it’s made for 1/7 not for 1/6, and the paint app is not as good as shown in the store, eventually I have to put it on the smaller body from i8toys for it to look semi naturalView attachment 650435
View attachment 650437
I purchased that sculpt as well as a replacement for my SD 2B (sculpt is waaay too small!). Turns out MT recommends an S24 body. Like wtf? How am I gonna find 2B clothing for that body?
I honestly don't understand why they made it that way. I like the sculpt, but why not include it with a full accessory kit (designed for an S24) like they're doing with their new Ada? It's literally useless for anyone wanting to use it for 2B.

The fact that they're using the actual game models to print their sculpts just makes it even more odd how none of their RE figures accurately resemble the in-game models.

View attachment 650492

I think these all look pretty accurate and have to say it probably comes down to the paint. None of these figures (even proto images) have paint that does them justice.

View attachment 650492

The game model is only ever a start. You still need a talented sculptor to go in and add the physical details that the game model only pretends to have.

Sooooo anyone know how to refit a 1/6 zipper? got my Wesker in today and zipped down his shirt to mess with some stuff, zipped it back up and the zipper came straight off of the top. haven't touched it as I don't wanna mess it up but anyone know if its as simple as putting it back on the bottom? thanks.

I had the same thing happening with the second outfit for Alita, Leons RE4 jacket and a spider man suit. So stressful every time this **** happens.

Those zippers are so delicate and a pain to get working again. Try putting it back on the way it came off with help tweezers. If it won’t budge you’re gonna have to pry it a little to widen the holes, put back on the track again and then clamp it back together tightly with somethiny. You have to be extremely careful cause it breaks so easily or if it gets deformed it will never zip properly again. This unfortunately happened to me once or twice before.

I learned my lesson and from now on I don’t zip anything completely open anymore and I added a tiny drop of superglue at the top of the zipper track as a sort of stopper so it won’t happen again.

View attachment 650492
As far as I remember Jill, Chris and RE2 Ada were all tweaked in some way in order to "prettify" them.

RE4 Ashley and Ada which were the ones I was referring to were pulled directly from the game files, where MT went wrong is the hair on both and the paint apps, not enough eye shadow on either of them and the lip shapes aren't accurate, the eyebrows seem a bit thin as well.

The same thing happened with GameToys Tifa, where the sculpt itself seems ripped straight from the game files but there's difference in how the paint is applied which leads people to say the likeness is off.

In any way I think MT got a much closer likeness than HH Leon has and somehow people are way less harsh on that sculpt.

In any way I think MT got a much closer likeness than HH Leon has and somehow people are way less harsh on that sculpt.
??? Every other comment the past several pages are people saying how awful the HH Leon looks.

Also, I think people don’t have anything else to pick apart because the sculpt is so wildly different than what anyone was expecting that it isn’t even feasible to make any direct comparisons between them. There’s no paint app or proportional issues that can be pointed out by 10 pages of 1mm sq gridlines superimposed over each face and minor photoshop edits that plagued the FF7 thread.

Everyone (almost unanimously) succinctly agreeing that something is awful doesn’t mean it’s any less harsh. It’s not even worth an invested discussion lol.

I don’t know about that. I think the MT figures were generally well received but they’re far from perfect and a bit overpriced considering there’s no body included and a lack of accessories.

We’ve been going on for days about how awful Hot Heart Leon is on the other hand. I don’t think anyone liked that sculpt for its likeness to the game.

I do think some people are a bit more forgiving when it comes to Hot Heart because we’ve been waiting forever to get a new Leon and this is the one and only offering at this time. But I feel like any collector that has some standard wouldn’t want to own a piece of crap like this.

Last edited:
??? Every other comment the past several pages are people saying how awful the HH Leon looks.

Also, I think people don’t have anything else to pick apart because the sculpt is so wildly different than what anyone was expecting that it isn’t even feasible to make any direct comparisons between them. There’s no paint app or proportional issues that can be pointed out by 10 pages of 1mm sq gridlines superimposed over each face and minor photoshop edits that plagued the FF7 thread.

Everyone (almost unanimously) succinctly agreeing that something is awful doesn’t mean it’s any less harsh. It’s not even worth an invested discussion lol.
Before the price was revealed the comments were in favor of the figure, when MT announced their Ada and Ashley the comments were completely tearing them apart on here and everywhere else. I think people are just so hungry for Leon that they were willing to look past the sculpt and inaccuracies until they saw the price.
I like the seamless arms on the EndIToys version and the head. But I like the HH look more. And he's a bit more bulkier like he was in game.
I'm tempted to just get both. We don't get many RE villians these days
Least hot heart is starting with Leon! Ngl I actually kinda like the sculpt. Hate to be negative but not a single part of that figure is accurate to the remake or salvageable… are they still using the recast of hot toys RE4 Leon pistol??
That Leon looks nice! Would prefer the original version as I want to get the old HT Krauser and Ada, but who knows what the future brings.
I'm not sure what figures you have to call this awful lol I think he looks beautiful. :D Yes it isn't perfect but still a pretty nice figure. Accurate looking? No. Iconic? Yes. I actually like that tiny waist, it's so anime lol
How much of a hit do Hot Heart figs take from their proto? I think at face value the figure isn’t that bad, but I’d personally be nervous ordering one knowing the quality probably won’t look exactly like what is being shown. Which, let’s be real, there’s bound to be a downgrade somewhere.

I don’t know about that. I think the MT figures were generally well received but they’re far from perfect and a bit overpriced considering there’s no body included and a lack of accessories.

We’ve been going on for days about how awful Hot Heart Leon is on the other hand. I don’t think anyone liked that sculpt, less so the likeness of it. I do think some people are a bit more forgiving of it because we’ve been waiting forever to get some new Leon goodies and this is the only offering.
Exactly.

I agree that there’s double standards at play and somebody probably is excusing issues because of the hype and lack of offerings.

But,
(almost unanimously)
People liked the MT figs too. I’m not about to hunt down a few comments to prove a non sequitur, though

You’re assuming people will compare apples to oranges like they might when trying to tell the difference between a real Mona Lisa and a reproduction piece. I think collectors are more likely to suggest changes when there’s very minimal differences and can reason that those minor adjustments would make for a better product. But getting a company to grow a new apple and paint it orange isn’t going to get them any closer to making the orange. So many figures viewed as “objectively” bad don’t get much heat because the very premise is hopeless or pointless

If the changes are great enough, yet still executed consistently, I don’t think everyone will see them as inherently inaccurate flaws. While I don’t think it was necessarily the intent by HH, I personally see their Leon as-yes, very inaccurate-yet still interesting, and even appealing to a degree, because of the design choice.

Again, I’m not claiming that was HH intent and I think this isn’t the industry to make those design choices. But I like it fine because I see it more like these type of products…
IMG_7713.jpeg

I have preordered MT Ada and Ashley+ dogshit Leon as everyone is calling him. Mainly bc there aren't any other alternative offerings and I don't have any separate outfits or weapons. Also preordered multiple ByArt heads and if someone else offers another garbage Leon I'll preorder that one too,bc he's my fav RE character and want to end up with something nice, after I put things together. I hope MT drops one too. I have most of their stuff and quality is great imo, also sculpts are always super pretty.

I thought finally we were in Leon ERA but seems we aren't.

P.S. Personally I don't remember ppl complaining much about MT Ada or Ashley, I remember we weren't happy about "No body" thing with Ada, which was weird as MT usually releases full figures. I believe Ashley comes with a body. I remember I wasn't happy with Ashley makeup,but both are good enough imo and MT always improves final product.

I get where you’re coming from but I still don’t think you can compare MT’s criticism to Hot hearts. A lot of the factors were different.

As we’ve discussed Leon is the only sole and only one. And it has the advantage of being first. But 90% of the people here are still calling it a total piece of crap figure despite this.

MT on the other hand announced their Ada when several others were already announced. They messed up the hair, it barely comes with any accessories and the main thing is the body is not included. It was all these small gripes that just add up. And I still think it’s overpriced for what’s essentially an outfit set.

Ashleys paint app looks off, the hair is terrible and again no body. But there were definitely still people being carefully optimistic. And again they had competition with SuperDuck which sparked debate between which is better. If MT was the only one to release Ashley there wouldn’t be as much criticism.

So in conclusion, these situations are totally different and can’t be compared. Idk about other forums though, I’m only speaking about this forum.

Last edited:
Before the price was revealed the comments were in favor of the figure, when MT announced their Ada and Ashley the comments were completely tearing them apart on here and everywhere else. I think people are just so hungry for Leon that they were willing to look past the sculpt and inaccuracies until they saw the price.
I think my comment was taken out of context. I like the sculpt because it reminds me of RE6 Leon if a bit younger or the cgi movies. When I said nothing is accurate to the remake or salvageable that includes the sculpt. I don’t think it’s a good sculpt and is an easy pass for me.

I appreciate them starting with Leon so they got a little good will! I think doing an Ada figure before the release of separate ways or her addition to the mercenaries is a complete waist of a figure, the biggest Complaint I saw other than the lack of body is the lack of accessories… accessories and weapons are which will be included Ada’s DLC.

I think my comment was taken out of context. I like the sculpt because it reminds me of RE6 Leon if a bit younger or the cgi movies. When I said nothing is accurate to the remake or salvageable that includes the sculpt. I don’t think it’s a good sculpt and is an easy pass for me.

I appreciate them starting with Leon so they got a little good will! I think doing an Ada figure before the release of separate ways or her addition to the mercenaries is a complete waist of a figure, the biggest Complaint I saw other than the lack of body is the lack of accessories… accessories and weapons are which will be included Ada’s DLC.
Has the dlc been confirmed? I didn’t know they were working on it

Has the dlc been confirmed? I didn’t know they were working on it
No official announcement, but capcom would be stupid not to, and there is a lot in the game files to suggest that it’s in the works or at the very least she will be added to mercs. I think only recently blank trophy templates was added on steam which means they are working on sone sort of addition.

Back