Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because you love something doesn't mean it's not outdated. I still have me some nostalgia for VHS but I fully admit that it's outdated as ****.

Look at the sales figures for the RE Origins collection on PS4 and the PSN. YEAH OUTDATED my rear end. Y'all seem like you are ignoring facts because you don't like OG Resident Evil.

Lol no. It got good sales cause of nostalgia factor and resident evil . Lol what

REALLY love how the Birkin monster seems to change physically as the battle between him and Claire progresses during the clip. He's looking quite gnarly at the end. Far as I'm concerned everything I've seen so far is exactly what I wanted in this remake. Can't wait!!!

REALLY love how the Birkin monster seems to change physically as the battle between him and Claire progresses during the clip. He's looking quite gnarly at the end. Far as I'm concerned everything I've seen so far is exactly what I wanted in this remake. Can't wait!!!

I personally don't like Claire talking during the Birkin battle. She literally says: "It's like...a nightmare" in the most emotionless tone ever. I also don't like how Birkin is slamming his pipe on the ground exactly like in Operation Raccoon City. He's spazzing out like a deranged crackhead freak. In the original you fight his first mutation in a smallish, narrow area in either scenario, so he doesn't need to run around like a chicken with his head cut off. I REALLY don't like the direction they are going with Chief Irons, who literally only mentions Sherry in passing to Claire in the original, now he's coming off as a pedophile. "I've been looking EVERYwhere for you, Sherry". I guess they're completely rewriting characters as well as completely changing the whole Claire A Leon B canon, which has been canon for 20 years now. Still looking forward to this, but I'm already bracing myself for massive dissapointment.

On the positive side, Birkin looks pretty good, except for his new eye. Hopefully it'll be bloodshot in the retail version, not counting on it though. I REALLY like how William and G seem to be wrestling for control overs his body. You can really hear the contrast between their groans and screams. That's a nice little detail they added.

I personally don't like Claire talking during the Birkin battle. She literally says: "It's like...a nightmare" in the most emotionless tone ever.
I made a comment about this very thing on the previous page. The characters shouldn't be talking to themselves during game play. In the Leon demo, he comments on the spookiness of the situation while you explore the darkened hallways of the police station. It completely spoils the atmosphere and mood. Now we have Claire saying stupid lines while fighting Birkin. "It's, like, a nightmare." COME ON. Allow the players to experience the emotion of the situation on their own. We don't need the characters to tell us that the situation is scary.

I'm calling it right now, this game is gonna hold the hand of the player far too much. In the Leon demo, there are icons hovering over every item and every single thing that you can interact with, including doors - this completely kills any sense of exploration. There are on-screen prompts, and messages that pop up to inform you of the objective. The characters even talk to themselves during game play to let you know that the situation is scary! Capcom must think that we're dummies.

I made a comment about this very thing on the previous page. The characters shouldn't be talking to themselves during game play. In the Leon demo, he comments on the spookiness of the situation while you explore the darkened hallways of the police station. It completely spoils the atmosphere and mood. Now we have Claire saying stupid lines while fighting Birkin. "It's, like, a nightmare." COME ON. Allow the players to experience the emotion of the situation on their own. We don't need the characters to tell us that the situation is scary.

I'm calling it right now, this game is gonna hold the hand of the player far too much. In the Leon demo, there are icons hovering over every item and every single thing that you can interact with, including doors - this completely kills any sense of exploration. There are on-screen prompts, and messages that pop up to inform you of the objective. The characters even talk to themselves during game play to let you know that the situation is scary! Capcom must think that we're dummies.

Hopefully we can turn off all the icons and bullcheese in the options menu. Nothing breaks immersion like that kind of garbage. I HATE that the characters now talk to themselves. It immediately breaks immersion. I cannot comprehend their thinking there. That's just bad direction, plain and simple. I still don't get why Claire was completely redesigned. Just...why???

I don't have high hopes for this really, but I'll be buying and playing it regardless, just to see how bad they ruin it. I would love to be pleasantly surprised but based on everything we've seen so far, I have my guard WAY up. Plus it's Capcom, they ruin everything.

Look at the sales figures for the RE Origins collection on PS4 and the PSN. YEAH OUTDATED my rear end. Y'all seem like you are ignoring facts because you don't like OG Resident Evil.

Lol no. It got good sales cause of nostalgia factor and resident evil . Lol what

^^^^^This.

And I quite love OG resident evil. I can still remember playing it with friends as a kid and having the crap scared out of me. But that doesn't change the fact that tank controls are out-dated. There's a reason that they basically don't even exist anymore. Bringing tank controls back for a game like this will only hurt sales.

I just saw Leon's gameplay videos for the first time. What the hell are they doing? Leon sounds terrible. The voice direction and acting are embarrassing and cringeworthy. He sounds so feminine, Leon had a man's voice in the original. He was a rookie but he was still a COP. He was TOUGH. He didn't sound like a fifteen year old.

He’s 19 yrs old in this...... a kid. The voice acting in the original was was cheesy but that was part of its charm. That’s what kids sound like today. He sounds like a 19 yr old

He’s 19 yrs old in this...... a kid. The voice acting in the original was was cheesy but that was part of its charm. That’s what kids sound like today. He sounds like a 19 yr old

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. He literally sounds fifteen. My biggest problem with this reimagining is that Crapcom seems to forget the wise old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." They are completely changing these characters' behavior and personalities for no reason. That's not Leon. That's not his mannerisms. That's not how he held himself. He was inexperienced but confident.

They're changing things that didn't need changing. Once again, "if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT". It's fine if everybody on here disagrees but to me this is like a poser pretending to be RE2. The chief looking for Sherry when he only mentioned her in passing in the original, now he's giving off fat pedophile vibes...what dafuq?! Are they cutting out his dungeon too? They're already completely changing his character and motivations.Then there's Marvin's location being changed for no reason, Birkin spazzing out like a crackhead freak, Ada's stupid new outfit, Claire's pointless and generic redesign. They're changing SO MUCH that was already perfect as it was. I'm fine with them adding new story beats like the REmake on the gamecube did, but this doesn't look or feel like RE2 at all. It's an imitation made by people who obviously don't like the original. It feels direspectful to people who love RE2 in my eyes. I'm literally insulted that they're rewriting my second favorite game of all time with such carelessness and what seems like contempt for the real RE2.

Seriously, for me, the direction is horrendous from almost everything I've seen so far. The way the character's monologue during gameplay totally breaks immersion. Everything's too dark and a dull boring grey. RE2 was a very colorful game, which gave it personality, especially compared to the first Resident Evil.

You can't just make a reimagining of one of the greatest horror games ever made and expect that it won't be compared to the original game, which was nearly perfect, except for the scenario system being sort of lazy with the whole "doing the same puzzles in both scenarios breaking continuity" problem. Even the voice acting in RE2 is still pretty damn good. There's a few line deliveries where they could have done another take, but nothing is actually cringeworthy. Now I'm cringing at both our leads, because Claire's emotionless and Leon's TOO emotional in the new footage. But in the actual RE2 the actual storyline, game path, and story scenarios, enemy designs, along with the writing and pacing of the game are still fantastic. That's why I can still play it 20 years later and only have nitpicks about it. The reimagining isn't even out and it's making me cringe in embarrasment at the amateur directing choices and laughably terrible voice acting. It's almost like they're just trolling.

Sorry for ranting, but this is something I take personally, because RE2 is very dear to me. I don't want to hate what I'm seeing with this reimagining, but I can't help but feel like all the talent already left crapcom years ago and there's nothing but hacks left to develop their games.

All that said, I still have the deluxe version preordered and I'll be playing it on the day it's released, just to see how bad of a dumpster fire it's gonna be. I can already smell the smoke...

Screenshot_20180910-175626.png
[/url][/IMG]

For all of you that don't go into the RE customs thread. Work in progress. Birkin's G1 form.

Looks good so far, man.

Thanks, he'll look even better when I finish sculpting his arm and giving him a proper paint app. Birkin is my favorite monster from anything horror related.

The G Virus is the most creative thing to come out of the Resident Evil series. There was nothing like it at the time. The irony of Birkin creating the virus then injecting himself with it. The way it causes William to seek out victims to rape in an attempt to reproduce. The way it slowly takes William over, forces him to mouth rape and impregnate his own daughter, literally causes his body to absorb his own head and grow a new one while he becomes something completely inhuman, eventually turning into a giant four armed abomination that ruthlessly slaughters his wife, then he mutates into a huge quadrupedal beast, culminating with him finally mutating into a giant mass of nonsense, it's so over the top and awesome. I love how we see different forms of his evolution in the two scenarios, that was genius. You had to play the game from both perspectives to see his entire evolution. Plus his themes are so epic. Goddamn I love RE2.

I love RE3 almost as much, and consider it a companion piece to RE2 since they look and play so similar, and they take place around the same time, but RE2 to me, is the pinnacle of the entire series. RE3 is the crown, and RE2 is the shining ruby in the crown.

Thanks, he'll look even better when I finish sculpting his arm and giving him a proper paint app. Birkin is my favorite monster from anything horror related.

The G Virus is the most creative thing to come out of the Resident Evil series. There was nothing like it at the time. The irony of Birkin creating the virus then injecting himself with it. The way it causes William to seek out victims to rape in an attempt to reproduce. The way it slowly takes William over, forces him to mouth rape and impregnate his own daughter, literally causes his body to absorb his own head and grow a new one while he becomes something completely inhuman, eventually turning into a giant four armed abomination that ruthlessly slaughters his wife, then he mutates into a huge quadrupedal beast, culminating with him finally mutating into a giant mass of nonsense, it's so over the top and awesome. I love how we see different forms of his evolution in the two scenarios, that was genius. You had to play the game from both perspectives to see his entire evolution. Plus his themes are so epic. Goddamn I love RE2.

I love RE3 almost as much, and consider it a companion piece to RE2 since they look and play so similar, and they take place around the same time, but RE2 to me, is the pinnacle of the entire series. RE3 is the crown, and RE2 is the shining ruby in the crown.

100% with you. RE2 is my absolute favorite too. I can´t wait for the remake and if you keep up the work and the detail work is on par with the proportions, which look great so far, I´m sure you´ll nail it.

I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree with you. He literally sounds fifteen. My biggest problem with this reimagining is that Crapcom seems to forget the wise old adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." They are completely changing these characters' behavior and personalities for no reason. That's not Leon. That's not his mannerisms. That's not how he held himself. He was inexperienced but confident.

They're changing things that didn't need changing. Once again, "if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT". It's fine if everybody on here disagrees but to me this is like a poser pretending to be RE2. The chief looking for Sherry when he only mentioned her in passing in the original, now he's giving off fat pedophile vibes...what dafuq?! Are they cutting out his dungeon too? They're already completely changing his character and motivations.Then there's Marvin's location being changed for no reason, Birkin spazzing out like a crackhead freak, Ada's stupid new outfit, Claire's pointless and generic redesign. They're changing SO MUCH that was already perfect as it was. I'm fine with them adding new story beats like the REmake on the gamecube did, but this doesn't look or feel like RE2 at all. It's an imitation made by people who obviously don't like the original. It feels direspectful to people who love RE2 in my eyes. I'm literally insulted that they're rewriting my second favorite game of all time with such carelessness and what seems like contempt for the real RE2.

I totally agree with your points, but Im still excited for the remake and I do like the direction the game is going is and all the changes, because resident evil 2 is a classic and still playable today, I feel like it would be a waste to just update the graphics, I like that it looks and feel like an entirely new game because if I wanted to play resident evil 2 I would just go boot up the gamecube

Back