Media Resident Evil 2 (1/25/2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with your points, but Im still excited for the remake and I do like the direction the game is going is and all the changes, because resident evil 2 is a classic and still playable today, I feel like it would be a waste to just update the graphics, I like that it looks and feel like an entirely new game because if I wanted to play resident evil 2 I would just go boot up the gamecube

I'm not gonna rag on you for diggin' what they're doin' because I'm not a rude jerkoff. As you can tell I'm very vocal with how I feel about stuff I'm passionate about. I know most people will disagree with me, and that's fine.

Same with the over the shoulder issue. I'm in the minority in hating that, but not just in RE games. Even the newest God of War had that goddamn perspective. OTS is like a virus that's taken over gaming. Now every game has the same damn perspective. It's getting old. I remember when each game franchise felt UNIQUE, they all had their own way of handling the camera and controls. Now everything's the same. I despise it SO MUCH LOL. The funny thing is Resident Evil wasn't a shooter, it was a survival game in a horror setting, that's why I always say RE4 should have been a new IP, NOT an RE game. It's not a bad game, but it IS a bad Resident Evil game, for more reasons than just the OTS crap. Let's kill off Umbrella in the opening cutscene when the last two games ended with the main characters saying "we gotta go fight Umbrella". Ranting again. Sorry lol.

Like I said, I'll be playing this game on the day it's released. I've played every other RE game except for Survivor and Gaiden, so why not.

20180913_053535.jpg

20180913_053633.jpg

That I can tell you! Should of put me in charge! Complete mess and a betrayal to the REAL American people.

I'm not gonna rag on you for diggin' what they're doin' because I'm not a rude jerkoff. As you can tell I'm very vocal with how I feel about stuff I'm passionate about. I know most people will disagree with me, and that's fine.

Same with the over the shoulder issue. I'm in the minority in hating that, but not just in RE games. Even the newest God of War had that goddamn perspective. OTS is like a virus that's taken over gaming. Now every game has the same damn perspective. It's getting old. I remember when each game franchise felt UNIQUE, they all had their own way of handling the camera and controls. Now everything's the same. I despise it SO MUCH LOL. The funny thing is Resident Evil wasn't a shooter, it was a survival game in a horror setting, that's why I always say RE4 should have been a new IP, NOT an RE game. It's not a bad game, but it IS a bad Resident Evil game, for more reasons than just the OTS crap. Let's kill off Umbrella in the opening cutscene when the last two games ended with the main characters saying "we gotta go fight Umbrella". Ranting again. Sorry lol.

Like I said, I'll be playing this game on the day it's released. I've played every other RE game except for Survivor and Gaiden, so why not.

yeh man to each their own, its good you have there own perspective. I actually prefer over the shoulder to first person because it helps me care for the character more, and all the first person games aren't even "true" first person which ruins it for me. I also love resident evil 4 it was the first resident evil game I ever played and its my most played RE game, with RE2 being a close second.
I'm digging the direction of the remake because its something new and different while vaguely familiar, Resident evil 2 the original is a truly amazing game and completely unique, I don't think they could recreate that epicness and atmosphere even if they didn't change anything but updated graphics, so just remaking the gaming and losing the atmosphere would be a disappointed so again I am digging the new direction but would much prefer just like a HD rerelease of the orginal onto the ps4 so wont have to keep switching back to the gamecube.

yeh man to each their own, its good you have there own perspective. I actually prefer over the shoulder to first person because it helps me care for the character more, and all the first person games aren't even "true" first person which ruins it for me. I also love resident evil 4 it was the first resident evil game I ever played and its my most played RE game, with RE2 being a close second.
I'm digging the direction of the remake because its something new and different while vaguely familiar, Resident evil 2 the original is a truly amazing game and completely unique, I don't think they could recreate that epicness and atmosphere even if they didn't change anything but updated graphics, so just remaking the gaming and losing the atmosphere would be a disappointed so again I am digging the new direction but would much prefer just like a HD rerelease of the orginal onto the ps4 so wont have to keep switching back to the gamecube.

I didn't like RE7 or the RE Chronicles games either, I don't think first person works for Resident Evil, plus the writing is garbage. I pretty much ignore everything after Code: Veronica, except for the Gamecube REmake.

I didn't like RE7 or the RE Chronicles games either, I don't think first person works for Resident Evil, plus the writing is garbage. I pretty much ignore everything after Code: Veronica, except for the Gamecube REmake.

yeh RE7, is my least favourite of the numbered series I didn't like the first person, or the enemys and the I felt the game was too slow while being too short, but I did enjoy the chronicles they aren't great but they where fun to play with a friend and I liked operation Javier and seeing the early dynamic between leon and krauser

yeh RE7, is my least favourite of the numbered series I didn't like the first person, or the enemys and the I felt the game was too slow while being too short, but I did enjoy the chronicles they aren't great but they where fun to play with a friend and I liked operation Javier and seeing the early dynamic between leon and krauser

I wish they'd just do a reboot of the series starting after Code: Veronica, because it was starting with Zero and onwards that the writing took a turn for the most retarded convoluted self contradictory bullcrap I've seen in a while. I still say RE4 should have been a new IP instead of an RE game. The tone of the writing doesn't even feel like Resident Evil in 4-7.

How so? Cause no tank controls. They had to move away from the formula cause when 4 was coming outpeople kept saying RE was getting stale .

I wish they'd just do a reboot of the series starting after Code: Veronica, because it was starting with Zero and onwards that the writing took a turn for the most retarded convoluted self contradictory bullcrap I've seen in a while. I still say RE4 should have been a new IP instead of an RE game. The tone of the writing doesn't even feel like Resident Evil in 4-7.

I don't think they need a reboot, the tone did shift but that's expected since leon isn't a rookie anymore he has seen it all before and I thought resident evil 4 was a great game, I cant deny resident evil 2 is the best in the series but I felt like resident evil 3 was severely lacking and the series needed a new direction, I may not like 7 but I still accept it as resident evil because resident evil is the series as a whole and not just one game.

Resident evil kept evolving with each game. Keeping it the same tank controlled type game would of got boring especially in the early 2000s

Resident evil kept evolving with each game. Keeping it the same tank controlled type game would of got boring especially in the early 2000s

They kept the tank controls all the way to 5, they just changed tthe camera angle. Still tank controls in 4 and 5. You can't even strafe like in Silent Hill 2 and 3 or move while you shoot like in Dead Space, or pretty much ANY other third person shooter in the early 2000's.

RE 4 and 5 controls like crap because they're tank controls, but with a more limiting camera. What a great evolution. Oh wait, that's not really an evolution, but just changing the camera angle. Still CONTROLS the same. Up is forward, left and right turn the character in place, down is to back up. SUCH AN EVOLUTION MAN!!! LOLOLOL

Because yeah man, tank controls are SO boring, the REmake in 2002 was SO boring. Give me a frackin' break. I'm so tired of this rationalization for why RE "had to evolve". I'm not buying these dumb excuses.

Then there's the REAL evolution in the series: The terrible tone shift in the writing that makes 4-6 plus the Revelation games feel more like the RE movies than the classic games. Fail. I hate Capcom so much. But that's what sells. I don't like earth. This place sucks.

Ranting again, don't take it personal, I'm not really mad, just annoyed, and very opinionated. I totally expect 99.9% of you to disagree with me, it's fine. I'm used to it. Whatever.

They kept the tank controls all the way to 5, they just changed tthe camera angle. Still tank controls in 4 and 5. You can't even strafe like in Silent Hill 2 and 3 or move while you shoot like in Dead Space, or pretty much ANY other third person shooter in the early 2000's.

RE 4 and 5 controls like crap because they're tank controls, but with a more limiting camera. What a great evolution. Oh wait, that's not really an evolution, but just changing the camera angle. Still CONTROLS the same. Up is forward, left and right turn the character in place, down is to back up. SUCH AN EVOLUTION MAN!!! LOLOLOL

Because yeah man, tank controls are SO boring, the REmake in 2002 was SO boring. Give me a frackin' break. I'm so tired of this rationalization for why RE "had to evolve". I'm not buying these dumb excuses.

Then there's the REAL evolution in the series: The terrible tone shift in the writing that makes 4-6 plus the Revelation games feel more like the RE movies than the classic games. Fail. I hate Capcom so much. But that's what sells. I don't like earth. This place sucks.

Ranting again, don't take it personal, I'm not really mad, just annoyed, and very opinionated. I totally expect 99.9% of you to disagree with me, it's fine. I'm used to it. Whatever.
4 and 5 were not tank controls . It was over the shoulder which made combat quick and put you at odds with the enemies better. I know it sucks that time and people moved on but the controls for this day and age would be horrid. It’s all nostalgia , nobody really wants to actually control a character like that anymore they want fast paced combat. It sucks but hey

4 and 5 were not tank controls . It was over the shoulder which made combat quick and put you at odds with the enemies better. I know it sucks that time and people moved on but the controls for this day and age would be horrid. It’s all nostalgia , nobody really wants to actually control a character like that anymore they want fast paced combat. It sucks but hey

Sorry dude you are objectively wrong. Over the shoulder is NOT A CONTROL TYPE, IT'S A CAMERA PERSPECTIVE. They literally 110% still had tank CONTROLS. Up is forward, left and right TURN YOU IN PLACE. Ya know, LIKE A TANK!!! D'OH!!! THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CALLED TANK CONTROLS!!!

You seem to be having trouble understanding what I'm talking about, and you clearly cannot tell the difference between the camera angle and control type, which are two seperate aspects of game design.. Not trying to be rude but you are literally objectively wrong here. Tank controls and over the shoulder camera are two different things that were both in 4 and 5, and 6 + Revelations 1+2 to an extent. Like it's not even debate-able. You just...what.

You were LITERALLY using tank controls in 4 and 5 and you didn't even know it...LOL You just don't like fixed camera angles and prefer the over the shoulder CAMERA PERSPECTIVE. Most modern gamers do, I think you're all nostalgic of RE4 and that is why y'all defend OTS camera perspective and claim anybody who disagrees are the ones who are nostalgic. Me though, I simply prefer NOT staring at the back of my characters all game long, for me it has NOTHING to do with old resident evil or nostalgia, I just find OTS too limiting. Oh look, the back of my character. THE WHOLE GAME. WHEEEE... but that's not what we're talkin' about right now.

You literally called fixed camera angles and classic RE games "horrid". Unbelievable. Like fighting Nemesis in RE3 wasn't fast paced, or fighting the Cerberus in all classic RE games. Not fast paced at all. The Hunters? Fighting them isn't fast paced, it's horrid. Your arguements are so laughably ludicrous, I can't take you seriously at all anymore. Thanks for the laugh though. Modern gamers man, sheesh.

Anyways please actually try to comprehend what over the shoulder camera angle, fixed camera angles, and tank controls are as described accurately by me above, because you clearly don't. I've been studying game design through Full Sail University for two years now. I know what I'm talking about. This has been a public service announcement, please stand by for your regularly scheduled programming.

Resident evil 4 was 100% tank controls. 6 Isnt and Revelations 2 isnt as you can go anywhere you want with 1 analogue stick and its only the camera you need to control in order to follow the character. Revelations 1 and RE 5 are up for debate. In 5 and REV 1 you still need to point and aim your character to walk in that direction, but you are not fixed in place as you have side strafing. Id honestly lean more towards tank controls for 5, its very clunky still. Atleast in revelations 1 with 1 analogue stick you have controls over the strafing, walk and run speeds. Its less encumbered than 5. But even then im still on the fence. With the inclusion of sideways movement it might JUST take thoes controls out of the realms of tank. And more hovercraft.

But yeah i agree, on the camera angle thing. Over the shoulder doesnt nullify the tank control aspect. Yes, you can have precise aiming due to the camera angle but the fundamental about "tank" controls is if you need to control your character like a tank, it doesnt matter from what perspective your looking you need to move by manually aiming where you want to go then pushing forward.

Resident evil 4 was 100% tank controls. 6 Isnt and Revelations 2 isnt as you can go anywhere you want with 1 analogue stick and its only the camera you need to control in order to follow the character. Revelations 1 and RE 5 are up for debate. In 5 and REV 1 you still need to point and aim your character to walk in that direction, but you are not fixed in place as you have side strafing. Id honestly lean more towards tank controls for 5, its very clunky still. Atleast in revelations 1 with 1 analogue stick you have controls over the strafing, walk and run speeds. Its less encumbered than 5. But even then im still on the fence. With the inclusion of sideways movement it might JUST take thoes controls out of the realms of tank. And more hovercraft.

But yeah i agree, on the camera angle thing. Over the shoulder doesnt nullify the tank control aspect. Yes, you can have precise aiming due to the camera angle but the fundamental about "tank" controls is if you need to control your character like a tank, it doesnt matter from what perspective your looking you need to move by manually aiming where you want to go then pushing forward.

You're right about 6 and Revelations 2, I'm glad some people actually somewhat knows what tank controls are.
But it has nothing to do with your aiming but how you move the character. Once again if you turn your character in place with the left ot right movement buttons, and up is forward and down is backwards, they are tank controls. If you have a game where your character is facing you, and you press down and the character moves forward, or if you press right in the same situation and they go to their left, it's not tank controls. The turning in place aspect is the main thing that makes a control scheme fall into the tank category along with the inability to strafe. I haven't played RE 5 since it came out so I didn't remember if you could strafe or not.

So can we be best friends? Just kidding. I got your back around these parts though. Classic Resident Evil is the REAL Resident Evil. Screw the poser junk. Funny that RE 4 just ripped off the Parasyte manga with the first Plaga form and Krauser's arm. Hardly anybody talks about that though. Sad with how creative RE 2 - Zero were. Capcom should have just gotten the rights to adapt a Parasyte game instead of making one and calling it RE 4.
IMG_20180914_043252.jpg

Finished the sculpt, been working on the paint app.

Back