Repainted SS Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice weathering job...........:banana

and the mod is one i will have to do as well.

Did you remove the dirt or paint over it? Texturally, the factory dirt apps feel really smooth, so I contemplated painting over them also.

good job Loopie.. Make sure you post the paint you use to for the repaint.

The paint I used is for air brushing it’s called “CREATEX AIRBRUSH COLORS”. For the light sandy color I used SAND color and for the darker brown I used DARK DROWN. I did not air brush these colors I used the dry brush method. If you use a dry bush the paint should lay flat on the armor. Now, is it going to lay as flat as the original paint apps NO. But at least your paint job will look better then SS.

S8000120.jpg

The weathering looks great, but I feel it's a little over done
I think you need to whiten him up a bit more as the sand does not stick to the armour as much as you have depicted.
Maybe it's the photo and it looks more white in hand
droids480.jpg

:peace

Ever wonder about that one trooper who got separated fro the rest of the crew. Well the SAND got him. I'm having a lot of fun with this figure I really like it I can’t wait for the orange trooper to come out.

S8000132.jpg

S8000140.jpg

S8000136.jpg

S8000133.jpg

S8000141.jpg

S8000145.jpg

S8000147.jpg

S8000148.jpg

:lol love the piccies m8, sad ending though :D

I think the weathering on him looks great. Im gonna mess with a few of mine when i get them just to get a bit more variety.

I need to do that on the Medi Sandtrooper I have it looked like it got in a fight with monkey and lost.

Ever wonder about that one trooper who got separated fro the rest of the crew. Well the SAND got him. I'm having a lot of fun with this figure I really like it I can’t wait for the orange trooper to come out.

S8000132.jpg

In these pics it looks perfect.

I guess it was just the lighting
Awesome work

The newer pics look awesome. He looked kind of like a sepia-trooper in the first ones. Awesome work sir.

Back