Repainted SS Sandtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOPIE

Super Freak
Reaction score
A lot of Freaks are unhappy with the SS paint apps, and I have to agree. The prototype was perfect so with that I set out to replicate the SS prototype. And this is how it can out. Please leave feed back and let me know what you think.

S8000118.jpg

S8000120.jpg

S8000123.jpg

S8000125.jpg

S8000126.jpg

S8000129.jpg

S8000128.jpg

Mighty fine job. That is how they should have shipped, instead of looking like they were splattered with poo.

Here is also how I do my neck mod.
1. Cut the stem and ball joint.
2. Drill a hole into the stem and ball joint
3. Cut a new stem for the extension piece.
4. Then hot glue the new stem into the drilled out stem and ball joint.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So how did you go about it Lopie? Did you thin out the SS weathering with a coat of white paint first then re-weather the entire thing after?

BTW, looks great. Looks every bit as good as the proto.

Very nice work Lope. What you use to remove the brown paint?

I used alcohol to remove most of the light sand paint then I used finger nail polish to remove the dark brown paint. The dark brown paint doesn’t come off easily, so I just kept rubbing the paint and it turned it into a lighter sandy color, which I think works better. It took about an hour and a half to get the paint off and about an hour to repaint the armor. I’m definitely getting the orange Sandtrooper now that I know how to fix the paint apps.

I used alcohol to remove most of the light sand paint then I used finger nail polish to remove the dark brown paint. The dark brown paint doesn’t come off easily, so I just kept rubbing the paint and it turned it into a lighter sandy color, which I think works better. It took about an hour and a half to get the paint off and about an hour to repaint the armor. I’m definitely getting the orange Sandtrooper now that I know how to fix the paint apps.

Whoo hoo!! Can't wait to get mine now! Sounds very simple.... I'm just glad the dark paint comes off with some work....

So did you do any repainting, or was it just a matter of lightening up the dark paint?

Have you thought about replacing the MP40 ammo pouches with some leather newline ones?

Back