regarding the deteriorating dome of HT ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry about the preds dude. I got some of the oldest Leeds hot toys has made from the AVP line to the Predator 2 line and haven't suffered any deterioration on the dreads whatsoever. You'll be fine and these preds should last you a long time.

I guess I Wont worry, but having an expensive toy with an expiration date like that sucks, I was thinking about getting classic but, i dont know anymore

and, the dreads of my AVP pred felt harder than the dreads of Berserker, i mean, they were not the same no? the AVP dreads had wires inside? i don't have them anymore but, i recall that,
i might sell berserker eventually

DX Batman, Sarah Connor, Dutch, Rambo, Alien warrior, ED209...just a few with rubber problems.

yeah I never bashed HT besides the sculpt on the Predator 1 figure
but, i dont know... I always felt bad for not having a lot of HT stuff, I do have Sideshow which is good, but always felt bad for missing out on HT in the past but... wow,
so that means that in 10-15 years time all of HT rubber products will disintegrate?

for all the horror stories i've heard about rubber on HT figures, i still have yet to see any deterioration on any of mine yet. not even ED. and it can't be because i've gotten lucky every single time i got a HT figure. those odds don't work. mine were manufactured the same way everyone else's were. and i can't think of one figure HT has delayed/recalled because of faulty tested materials. that tells me it's not a manufacturing issue, it's an end-user issue.

for all the horror stories i've heard about rubber on HT figures, i still have yet to see any deterioration on any of mine yet. not even ED. and it can't be because i've gotten lucky every single time i got a HT figure. those odds don't work. mine were manufactured the same way everyone else's were. and i can't think of one figure HT has delayed/recalled because of faulty tested materials. that tells me it's not a manufacturing issue, it's an end-user issue.

DX02 was basically a recall of sorts... HT don't made the lead time to make sure to materials are fine, problem occurs 6 months to a year or more after..

As with material flaws there are design flaws as well:
Some design flaws: 1. Berserker knee joints, corrected with Falconer/Tracker. 2. Leg flap flaws on Mk.4. corrected with Mk.6..... so HT are still testing materials and design after product release.

I just don't understand the use for rubber when another material, maybe plastic should have been used, like the ED-209,
I was looking at how some of you guys fixed it and, some of the custom domes look amazing, better than what Hot toys did
also the Predator Dreads could have been another material, they didn't even get the length right, that's like adding insult to injury there

:lol

I love the mentality that some people have, because their stuff has no problems, everyone else must be doing something wrong.

Hot Toys has problems with rubber. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Take a look at this thread. There are several ED-209's with rotting rubber, it is not because of "poor handling", it is because of poor design and materials.

Same deal here. :dunno Most problems can probably be traced back to end-user issues or this forum would be buzzing.

I love the mentality that some people have, because their stuff has no problems, everyone else must be doing something wrong.

Hot Toys has problems with rubber. There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Take a look at this thread. There are several ED-209's with rotting rubber, it is not because of "poor handling", it is because of poor design and materials.
so what's your point? everyone else who isn't having deterioration issues got special figures that aren't like yours? does that make sense?

so what's your point? everyone else who isn't having deterioration issues got special figures that aren't like yours? does that make sense?

That is not what I was saying at all, I too in fact have never had any issues with rubber from Hot Toys as of yet, but I am not close minded enough to assume that everyone who does have problems must be doing something wrong.

didn't some people say that the rubber started rotting on their sealed ED figures?
I recall reading a post or two about this, not this thread but the other long one, some people were saying that their figures which were not handle had starting to rot

like I said, I always felt really really bad about missing out on HT stuff, and i was slowly getting to buy their things, being delicate is one thing but, I just wish they didn't use rubber or figure out a way to use a material that would last at least a decade.
specially when they make some of the best figures in the world, is a shame really that their materials lack, is kinda embarrassing actually

so let me understand this from business perspective if I was running a company, I would use to finest materials which would probably mean they cost more and if they cost more that would lead to less profits. its a business they are running, why should they care about the longevity of the product when the aim is to make $$$$ stop complaining the some of you and appreciate it for what is

so let me understand this from business perspective if I was running a company, I would use to finest materials which would probably mean they cost more and if they cost more that would lead to less profits. its a business they are running, why should they care about the longevity of the product when the aim is to make $$$$ stop complaining the some of you and appreciate it for what is

well, NO for one they could have used cheap plastic, I really dont know what is the price of rubber and the price of plastic, so is not about the "Finest" materials, is about the RIGHT materials, The pred dreads could have been plastic too, cheap plastic instead of Cheap Rubber

like someone else said here or in the other thread, how come these figures might not last 10 years while Cheap as hell Plastic toys from the 70's are still around and still in good condition....
so your comment is not valid, because They could have used cheap plastics, everyone is scratching their head wondering why cheap rubbers instead,

but, we all appreciate it, they do make amazing figures, some of them very realistic, but, for a high end company, they sure do have a lot of dumb issues, a lot of people are asking why they used rubber on the ED figure and not something else, like plastic.....:monkey3

I'll chime in and say I don't have some of the problems I've read about - my Sarah Connors are fine and so are my rubber muscle bodied figures like Drake and Dutch. My ED-209 had what I thought was deterioration in his dome but its been 2 years or so and it hasn't gotten any worse, I dunno. I have however had the leaking DX Batman problem and the colour fading Iron Man. So its not black and white here. I certainly didn't do anything to cause the leaking Batman and I keep my figures out of sunlight and away from sources of heat like any sensible collector but my Iron Man's colours still faded. :dunno

I really don't like the implication some are making that people who have any of these issues must be doing something to cause the problems. What do you guys have against the idea that yeah 'maybe the toy company ___ked up a little?' Maybe they didn't take into account or test various environmental factors upon the materials they're using before running with it.

I'll chime in and say I don't have some of the problems I've read about - my Sarah Connors are fine and so are my rubber muscle bodied figures like Drake and Dutch. My ED-209 had what I thought was deterioration in his dome but its been 2 years or so and it hasn't gotten any worse, I dunno. I have however had the leaking DX Batman problem and the colour fading Iron Man. So its not black and white here. I certainly didn't do anything to cause the leaking Batman and I keep my figures out of sunlight and away from sources of heat like any sensible collector but my Iron Man's colours still faded. :dunno

I really don't like the implication some are making that people who have any of these issues must be doing something to cause the problems. What do you guys have against the idea that yeah 'maybe the toy company ___ked up a little?' Maybe they didn't take into account or test various environmental factors upon the materials they're using before running with it.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

exaclty, that's why quiggle's post kinda pisses me off, because is not about being whiny annoying people, but the fact that HT made some mistakes, some people here are blaming the collectors themselves or sunlight, everything But HT, when it seems HT f__ed up big time here

Back