Redbox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, what if Target went out of business, and you had to shop with the unclean at Wal-Mart? Or god forbid, the dollar store!!! The horror. You better pray that you and the snooty housewives who shop at Target never have to face that pain. :lol

For real!!!!:google The dollar store- I really do hate that store. Such subpar nicknacks. To be honest again, I don't even really like Target. I find the red aggravating. Plus, I don't like the color of their shelves. :lol

I actually use both Netflix and Redbox. Netflix is handy because of their huge catalog, If I want to see a classic film that I havn't seen, or see the whole of a TV show, then Netflix is really useful. When I want to see a new release, though I go to the redbox. Netflix can be really unreliable about new releases, and I almost always end up having to wait. I'm cool just paying a dollar to see a movie when I want to see it.

My wife and I recently discovered the awesomeness of Redbox, as they put two of those machines in our local grocery store. Sure, the selection is limited, but it's a great way to catch up on new releases. Now, whenever we're grocery shopping we take a few extra seconds to browse the new releases. $1 for a rental is a great deal, especially when you really want to see something but don't feel the need to drop $15-30 on a dvd, or don't want to commit to some monthly payment thing like Netflix. We just saw Slumdog Millionaire the other night for a buck! You can't beat that.

The only problem I had thus far was standing behind two indecisive parties when simply wanting to return a dvd (Twilight, of all things - I was desperate to get that awful POS out of my hands...). I must have stood there for 5 minutes while these idiots took their sweet time browsing, only to discover they didn't have a dollar or credit card on them. :rolleyes:

I used to use machines like this for video tapes in the late 80's / early 90's. It was the highlight of grocery shopping trips with my parents.

Now I just use Netflix.

Wow, I didn't know they had vending machines for VCR tapes back in the day. I would have loved that when I was younger.

For someone like me, Netflix is a waste of money. I wouldn't rent nearly enough things to justify the monthly fees. Redbox is nice and casual - no commitment.

Ewwww Wal- Mart. I really hate that store. :lol I will drive out of my way to go to Target instead just because it's cleaner. People think they are saving so much by shopping at Wal-Mart but it's like something is $13.98 instead of $13.99 somewhere else. Plus they never have any good deals. Their ad sucks. :lol:D

I've never understood why people say that Walmart is dirty or that the people who shop there are. I've never been in a dirty Walmart and dirty people are everywhere.

And I like Dollar stores. It's like going to flea markets.

I've never understood why people say that Walmart is dirty or that the people who shop there are. I've never been in a dirty Walmart and dirty people are everywhere.

And I like Dollar stores. It's like going to flea markets.

I don't understand the hate for Wal-Mart either. I shop wherever it's convenient. Sometimes it's Target, sometimes Wal-Mart.

The dollar store is great if you need cleaning products, but I can't say I have ever bought anything else there.

Back on track, I went to McD's today and bought a large tea that came with a free Redbox rental. I got The Spirit. I am very, very happy that I didn't pay for that rental. What a horrible movie.

Redbox is great! Never heard of the discs being due within 24 hours tho, here in NC its 1 dollar a day, and you can keep it as long as you want and if you go past 25 days they charge you 25 dollars and you can keep the movie. I haven't been to blockbuster in soooo long.

Also here inorder to combat the slow annoying people who like to take 20 minutes to pick out a freaking film they have installed 2 boxes in most of the locations. Thank you redbox!

Redbox is great! Never heard of the discs being due within 24 hours tho, here in NC its 1 dollar a day, and you can keep it as long as you want and if you go past 25 days they charge you 25 dollars and you can keep the movie. I haven't been to blockbuster in soooo long.

Also here inorder to combat the slow annoying people who like to take 20 minutes to pick out a freaking film they have installed 2 boxes in most of the locations. Thank you redbox!

Well, you have until 9:00 pm the following day to return the DVD, or you get charged another dollar. You can keep the DVD's as long as you want, but you get charged a dollar a day to keep them. That's what I meant by "being due."

With a movie like The Spirit, I wish I could travel back in time and kick myself in the sac before I had a chance to rent it. It will be going back tomorrow morning. :)

I used Redbox a couple times, but, I prefer Netflix (Blu-ray guy). Just like the convenience of Netflix alot more. I hate having to drive to bring the movie back or wait behind annoying people or feeling rushed by people behind me. I have my Q in Netflix and that works perfect.

The Wal*Mart by me is a little over a year old, they keep it very clean. But, I still won't buy any produce there.

Back