Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope not

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yeah. Still split I guess. I mean, looking at your sig, 5/8 of those are pretty much fully sculpted. WW, hulk, pred chick, hellboy, and Sonja. Yes they have cloth, but not to the extent of not having to paint and perfect the sculp underneath like bats or rs.

Yeah. Still split I guess. I mean, looking at your sig, 5/8 of those are pretty much fully sculpted. WW, hulk, pred chick, hellboy, and Sonja. Yes they have cloth, but not to the extent of not having to paint and perfect the sculp underneath like bats or rs.
True. Even Red Skull is covered up but he's painted red all the way through even underneath albeit without any detail but still painted. I hope they don't because it adds so much detail and life to these pieces.

True. Even Ref Skull is covered up but he's painted red all the way through even underneath albeit without any detail but still painted. I hope they don't because it adds so much detail and life to these pieces.

Me too. I absolutely love the premium format fabric aspects. Especially in ways like with the new cap pf. How it's like the clay and fabric are weaves through out the whole statue. Instead of just hands, feet, and head sculpted.

Cap seems to be chest, head, hands, boots sculpted. Biceps, abs, pants and belt fabric. Mixed media no doubt.

But tiny bits of fabric are also cool, like with hulk with the pants/shirt. So many awesome possibilities.

Me too. I absolutely love the premium format fabric aspects. Especially in ways like with the new cap pf. How it's like the clay and fabric are weaves through out the whole statue. Instead of just hands, feet, and head sculpted.

Cap seems to be chest, head, hands, boots sculpted. Biceps, abs, pants and belt fabric. Mixed media no doubt.

But tiny bits of fabric are also cool, like with hulk with the pants/shirt. So many awesome possibilities.

It's funny because when I saw my first Sideshow Statue, Logan, I was against Mix media pieces. I hated everything about that statue, they next one I saw was the original Doom PF, changed my mind completely and I haven't looked back since. Granted I've seen some companies attempt mixed media and screw it up, but there really is something about it when it's done right.

It's funny because when I saw my first Sideshow Statue, Logan, I was against Mix media pieces. I hated everything about that statue, they next one I saw was the original Doom PF, changed my mind completely and I haven't looked back since. Granted I've seen some companies attempt mixed media and screw it up, but there really is something about it when it's done right.

Exactly! There are very few statues I've seen where I though "the cloth too away from the statue". There are many that are just meh. But there are many that are WOW!

Wolverine: doesn't take away
Great ultron: meh
Too many to list that put me on my ass in amazement.

For some examples.

Yeah man it looks amazing on the new Hulks, I just love mixed media on statues and really sets them apart and gives them a different level of class. It makes some statues look like more than just another statue.

They've gotten so much better. Id love to see what theyll do for the next Wolverine PF. Yeah the original Doom PF is nice, so is the Thor one IMO and of course the Hulk

I dunno, I mean my Ivy and Batman 1:1 bust are my only two fully sculpted pieces I have and I have no issues, but then again most of the recent complaints I've seen are from the Apoc PF and the Spidey Com, although I did sell an EX Spidey com that I ordered and I had no issues with the paint, and neither did the buyer.

Yeah bro but that's a bust. All large parts to paint and only a handful of colors. I'm referring to 1/4 scale stuff.

To me it seems they are moving more toward fully sculpted and doing fewer full mixed media PFs.

Can't think of any recent ones aside from Deadpool and Green Lantern and Poison Ivy. The rest of the DC line is all mixed media. Marvel has Apoc and Spidey too but those werent done very good. Seems that the mixed media has been the way for SS to go because there's less problems with their quality that way. Just an observation.

Sinestro is fully sculpted. Daredevil is pretty much fully sculpted. Jean Grey. Wonder Woman. All of the Iron Man stuff.

That's all I can think of for fully sculpted.

Sinestro is fully sculpted. Daredevil is pretty much fully sculpted. Jean Grey. Wonder Woman. All of the Iron Man stuff.

That's all I can think of for fully sculpted.

I'd consider the hulks fully sculpted. Since the pants are very minimal coverage when it comes down to it. Deadpool was casted right? There's a good amount out there. Either way, when it comes to sideshow 1/4 scale... "I'll have what she's having"

Yeah i guess I meant stuff we have in hand. Gladiator Hulk is another one that is fully sculpted. Guess it's pretty even when you name all of those characters. Maybe even more mostly sculpted then not

just received our Red Skull exclusive... man, it's been a long time since we were that impressed by a SSC statue! Ingis even loves the Kirby head while originally, he didn't :D happy me because I really wanted the exclusive because of the head :D

2i220k6.jpg

sorry for the crappy cellphone pic

Last edited:
Hope not

Hope not either! Their mixed media PFs are their flagship products, have always been. But I do understand that some pieces may call for fully sculpted over mixed media. I just wonder, for ex., if Sideshow gave us another Spiderman PF if it would be mixed media or fully sculpted?

At any rate, my Red Skull arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. This is the first PF I've bought from Sideshow since I bought the T1 May of last year.

Yeah i guess I meant stuff we have in hand. Gladiator Hulk is another one that is fully sculpted. Guess it's pretty even when you name all of those characters. Maybe even more mostly sculpted then not

And let's not forget two of the most anticipated PF's...Throg and Dawg :lol

Hope not either! Their mixed media PFs are their flagship products, have always been. But I do understand that some pieces may call for fully sculpted over mixed media. I just wonder, for ex., if Sideshow gave us another Spiderman PF if it would be mixed media or fully sculpted?

At any rate, my Red Skull arrives tomorrow. I can't wait. This is the first PF I've bought from Sideshow since I bought the T1 May of last year.
The next Spidey PF (ASM2) is going to be mixed media as per Igo from SSC.

futzing with the jacket was easier than I thought it would be. I only spent a few minutes to get a look a liked.

futzing with the jacket was easier than I thought it would be. I only spent a few minutes to get a look a liked.
Yeah the jacket is pretty cool. I wish we could remove it without damaging the statue.

there's a hundred people on the waitlist. If anyone converts let me know. I think GreenGiant was the only one that mentioned his converted, I placed mine on WL 4 days after he did... so Im hoping next week this converts.

Back