Premium Format Red Skull Premium Format #2 - 2013 version-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had 4 PFs and a Com and nothing as serious as a broken cape and 2 statues with issues worth noting

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon
Broken cape was pretty obviously damaged in shipping, they got me a new one the next week. The only thing I have to complain about is Superman....because mine is on a boat somewhere

Broken cape was pretty obviously damaged in shipping, they got me a new one the next week. The only thing I have to complain about is Superman....because mine is on a boat somewhere
Yeah man that really sucks for you bro but at least he's on a boat

Yeah man that really sucks for you bro but at least he's on a boat

kn88.gif

Still waiting for my first direct order from SSC... I feel like tomorrow is the moment of truth.

They received their entire shipment on the 13th, they will know if there are cancellations today or tomorrow.

It's odd because I haven't seen THAT many people post on the forums about receiving this one. Mine hasn't converted but if it does I hope it's not someone's returned item.

They received their entire shipment on the 13th, they will know if there are cancellations today or tomorrow.

It's odd because I haven't seen THAT many people post on the forums about receiving this one. Mine hasn't converted but if it does I hope it's not someone's returned item.

There's a ton of people who collect that never post on these forums. I know it seems like there's a lot of people here, but in reality, we're just a drop in the bucket.

true.

over the years this forum has grown bigger, 389 people visited this thread alone.

It seems to be the sculpted stuff that SS has the issues with. Probably why they are moving more towards the mixed media.
I dunno, I mean my Ivy and Batman 1:1 bust are my only two fully sculpted pieces I have and I have no issues, but then again most of the recent complaints I've seen are from the Apoc PF and the Spidey Com, although I did sell an EX Spidey com that I ordered and I had no issues with the paint, and neither did the buyer.

Cut & Sew issues are very rare so I suppose the less visible polystone and paint on display the less problems reported.
I think Deadpool had the fewest issues, for a fully scullted statue, recently but even that had problems with chips, scratches and waxy marks.

Cut & Sew issues are very rare so I suppose the less visible polystone and paint on display the less problems reported.
I think Deadpool had the fewest issues, for a fully scullted statue, recently but even that had problems with chips, scratches and waxy marks.
I think the issue is there's no barrier between Sideshow's factory and the direct market. Basically they're trusting the factory to ship these the way they're supposed to be, and they aren't. In the past the comuc shop was that barrier. Stores would check the piece in store or allow customers to check pieces in the store before leaving. This insured quality from places like diamond and dc direct and even bowen.

It seems to be the sculpted stuff that SS has the issues with. Probably why they are moving more towards the mixed media.

To me it seems they are moving more toward fully sculpted and doing fewer full mixed media PFs.

When items are chipped and scratched after being transported in Polystyrene I think it's pretty clear the factories aren't taking care.
Pretty basic Q.C that should be picked up.

Breakages during transit are a different matter.

I think the issue is there's no barrier between Sideshow's factory and the direct market. Basically they're trusting the factory to ship these the way they're supposed to be, and they aren't. In the past the comuc shop was that barrier. Stores would check the piece in store or allow customers to check pieces in the store before leaving. This insured quality from places like diamond and dc direct and even bowen.

It really think that I should go back to just having the comic shop order for me. Exclusive or not, it's just not worth the headache of dealing with all the issues I've had with Sideshow.

To me it seems they are moving more toward fully sculpted and doing fewer full mixed media PFs.

I tend to agree. I think the cut and sew/tailoring most likely takes longer in both the protos and production pieces.

Back