REd Ring of Death

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the red ring of death issue, is exactly the reason why I bought a PS3 instead of an X-Box 360. That and, because the PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4.

Supposedily, an X-Box 360 can be "ressurected from death" (so to speak), by having the system on, wrapping it in a towel, and leaving it for half-an-hour. I can't confirm this, but I did see a lot of user created videos on YouTube, with this method working. :rotfl

My hypothesis, is that the soldering is quite poor on a 360's motherboard, and connections break quite often, which causes the "red ring of death". Wrapping the system in a towel, and allowing the system to overheat, allows the broken connections to be remelted.

Btw, P!tu, did you post a review of Old Snake on YouTube? If that was you, I just want to say, that you did a pretty rockin' review!

I heard u wrap it in a towel and put in the freezer as the red ring of death is down to the cooling system or lack of one i should say.

Apparently it is similar to the PS3's but has to output four times the effort to get the same results from the console.

Sorry to hear about u joining the club The Ringer.:(

Back