Red Ring Of Death!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that, once you got the RROD and sent it to MS to have it fixed, that the solved the problem...How many here have had it happen again AFTER it being fixed??

I have had the RROD once, about 1 year ago, got it fixed, and had no problems again (knock, knock..). But it worries me to think that MS said they knew what the problem was, and upon getting the suspect consoles and repairing them, all would be good. But, if people are having problems 2-3 times on the same console...:confused:

My 360 is Kaputt...

It just freezes with hazy picture, and a horrible sound...

Now I'll HAVE to get an Elite...

Get the RE5 bundle or wait until you can find a bundle with the jasper chip set.

I've had it happen 5 times so far.

sorry to busrt your bubble guys but if you think any company is gonna replace a defect with a new system you're dreaming. They just send you a refurbished system with upgrades that attempt to deal with the problem. I had the same type of issue with my satellite reciever. the comapny sent me back a refurbished one which flaked out the same way so when the local tech guy showed up he replaced it witha brand new one. He told me it common practice among any electronics company to do this since it would be way to expensive to replace the defective merchandise outright in their eyes. Unfortunately their ignorance leads them to believe this is the case when really it's probably costing them more to perform all the replacing and refurbishing. Nobody said the overpaid execs were intelligent. I know, I work for a whole bunch of stupid people.

If you really want a good sytem, the defective models should all be gone from the stores by now.

I'm not expecting them to send me a new system. As a matter of fact the system that went out was my old system that they fixed. I figure they'll fix it again and send it back again. At that point I'll probably just trade it in at GS.

I got my 360 before the launch and it died shortly before Gears of War (the first one) came out. It's been running strong since though, and I use it for several hours every a day.

Achievement_unlocked_red_ring.png

Ours has been fine since we first got it (about a year after launch I believe).

Still, we plan to get the RE5 bundle.

I thankfully have had my 360 since launch day and have had zero problems with it and I play it almost every day. I own a PS3, Wii and a 360 and the 360 by far gets the most play time. I worry every time I turn my 360 on that I may see the RROD but have been lucky. I'm getting a RE5 Elite and hope to be lucky with that one too.

son of a gun!! :emperor

Xbox is locking up....I don't think it's going to make it through the night....death is coming my sweet angel....rest now.....rest........

Oh well I've been wanting to buy an elite. This is my 4th or 5th one to die...this one was a refurbished one from M$ that actually made it 2 years. I've never had to pay a dime since I bought the first one but I doubt M$ is going to fix/give me another one.

Which ones should be the best at this point, the black elite or something like the MW2 unit or Final Fantasy one? (as far as the internal hardware, I know the MW2 and FF ones have a lot larger HD)

*EDIT...2 minutes after typing...the RED RING IS HERE.....

Last edited:
son of a gun!! :emperor

Xbox is locking up....I don't think it's going to make it through the night....death is coming my sweet angel....rest now.....rest........

Oh well I've been wanting to buy an elite. This is my 4th or 5th one to die...this one was a refurbished one from M$ that actually made it 2 years. I've never had to pay a dime since I bought the first one but I doubt M$ is going to fix/give me another one.

Which ones should be the best at this point, the black elite or something like the MW2 unit or Final Fantasy one? (as far as the internal hardware, I know the MW2 and FF ones have a lot larger HD)

*EDIT...2 minutes after typing...the RED RING IS HERE.....

Ouch. that sucks man. I'm thinking about getting a Final Fantasy bundle next month. But I was also thinking about grabbing a Modern Warfare 2 bundle instead because my local Best Buy had a couple left on the shelf last week.

You guys need to learn how to fix your box's manually ,mine red ringed about a year ago and i opened it up and replaced the thermo pads with some penny's and it's been running fine since.....but the problem may have been specific to mine.....so meh

Ouch. that sucks man. I'm thinking about getting a Final Fantasy bundle next month. But I was also thinking about grabbing a Modern Warfare 2 bundle instead because my local Best Buy had a couple left on the shelf last week.

yeah im in the same boat....good part about the ff one is that i get a game that i dont already have.....but i really like the mw2 black box.

yeah im in the same boat....good part about the ff one is that i get a game that i dont already have.....but i really like the mw2 black box.

Definitely. I have Modern Warfare 2 for the PS3 so I was gonna play through it and collect some achievements before selling it on craigslist.

well dang it all of the best buys are sold out of the mf2 console versions...guess ill pick up the ff one....sucks ill have to wait a week.

Back