Red Ring Of Death!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 times? wow, sorry to hear that man.

Hope it doesn't happen to ya again. :peace

if it does, i hope its in less than 1 year cuz i got the 1 yr warranty with gamestop, the guy said they were getting fewer complaint about the rrod, so we should be ok......i hope.

that sucks......happened to me about a year ago too.....sent it in 3 times for repairs so 3 rrod, fanally sold it on ebay. got me new 360 around the time gears2 was released. supposedly the rrod should be an issue anymore but.....you know they're not 100% sure.

That's weird, I bought a 360 off Ebay and it had RROD problems.

No, just kidding, but that seems kind of rude to just sell your POS to someone unsuspecting on Ebay.

I was at target the other day and their display 360 had RROD. I thought it was hillarious that they were using it to let customers play games on and it was unplayable and of course locked behind glass.

That was the first time I saw RROD in person.

That sucks man. I thought the RROD only occurred during long extended gameplay and letting system cool down would clear the problem till next occurence.

I found this link useful:

https://www.anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3152&p=2

Hope you like talking to Indian customer service.

And just in case anyone didn't see this useful link from before....

I thought Xbox fixed the RROD problems with a smaller nanometer processor as well as a better heat sink and heat dissipation...

That's weird, I bought a 360 off Ebay and it had RROD problems.

No, just kidding, but that seems kind of rude to just sell your POS to someone unsuspecting on Ebay.

I was at target the other day and their display 360 had RROD. I thought it was hillarious that they were using it to let customers play games on and it was unplayable and of course locked behind glass.

That was the first time I saw RROD in person.

i specified it had the rrod problem, i think what sold it was the 8 or 9 games that went with it. :lol

Hi guys and gals, just want to ask do you use any of the intercooler add ons for your 360 to prevent over heating. Thanks so much

Hi guys and gals, just want to ask do you use any of the intercooler add ons for your 360 to prevent over heating. Thanks so much

Never use the intercooler. Those themselves are known to have overheating issues and could damage your Xbox360.

Remember kids, never use 3rd party peripherals like battery packs or coolers!

My 360 is Kaputt...

It just freezes with hazy picture, and a horrible sound...

Now I'll HAVE to get an Elite...

Well, my console got it again tonight. Started locking up and would do the ole scramble pixles on the screen. Restart do it again and again and again. Finally It went to RR and that was all she wrote. So I went ahead and bought an Elite and am back. Will send this off get it fixed and trade it in.

I know the 360 is superior in terms of online gaming, but how you guys can stand this bs is beyond me....

I know the 360 is superior in terms of online gaming, but how you guys can stand this bs is beyond me....

I have been lucky I guess. I still have my launch system and it's never had an issue ( knock on wood ) and my elite has been issue free since I got it maybe 6 months ago or so.

Talking with Kain last night he said something about what his was doing before it died. When playing games it was really really loud and mines been doing that for like a month so I think this has been coming. All of a sudden it wouldn't play games at all without locking up and then came the red rings. So now I have an Elite.

Talking with Kain last night he said something about what his was doing before it died. When playing games it was really really loud and mines been doing that for like a month so I think this has been coming. All of a sudden it wouldn't play games at all without locking up and then came the red rings. So now I have an Elite.

I thought the Elite was no guarantee against the RROD.
I had my Xbox for 2 and half years before it went Kaput, but I got it fixed for free. If goes again I guess the Elite is the way to go if the RROD happens less compared to the standard Xbox

Its not. I just figured I'd get that as I'm going to be getting an HD TV to play on soon so this was the route I choose. I think on the newer systems it does happen less.

Its not. I just figured I'd get that as I'm going to be getting an HD TV to play on soon so this was the route I choose. I think on the newer systems it does happen less.

The Elite is also MUCH more quiet even if you don't install games on the hard drive.

The Elite is also MUCH more quiet even if you don't install games on the hard drive.

It is. At least it seems that way. My original was really quiet as well except for the last month or so which should have been a sign it was going to die.

Back