Red Dwarf Returns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did no one else watch this over the weekend ?

Just finished watching the third part and if it is the final Red Dwarf is a great way to send it off (even if they didn't explain the cliffhanger at the end of series 8)

really funny, some really nice emotional moments and a hell of a lot of references to Blade Runner :D

I did and thought it was decent. I was pleased that they tried to go somewhere different with the story instead of going through a checklist of all the old catchphrases and not much else which is what often happens with "reunion" shows.

The best bits for me involved Rimmer and I certainly didn't see the crossover with the other famous British TV show coming......I'd not read any spoilers online so even though I know one of the Red Dwarf actors is a regular in that show I never really gave it any thought as the two aren't of the same genre so when the 2nd part ended I was like WTF? but it worked in the context of the story and overall it was great to see everyone back in their respective roles again and I hope the ratings are good enough for the Dave channel to consider getting some more specials made as there's nothing else in the way of decent,new British sci-fi or comedy being made at present.

....I hope the ratings are good enough for the Dave channel to consider getting some more specials made as there's nothing else in the way of decent,new British sci-fi or comedy being made at present.

:nono :rolleyes: :lol

I was a Red Dwarf nut when I was 18. I need to check this special out.

I have to admit as childish as the scene where Lister uses the typewriter is I was in absolute hysterics there :lol

Yeah that was pretty funny, the bit in part 2 where Rimmer finally got the better of "Kremlin Kate" got me the same way :lol

Pix,
It's definitely worth watching for the nostalgia as much as anything else,all the actors have aged a bit but play the characters just as well as ever and the 3 parts left me wanting more.

Yeah that bit was good too, there were a lot of real laugh out loud moments in it for me, was refreshing to have a comedy without a laugh track. Usually find that's just lazy, although for shows like friends it's necessary because you need to have what's meant to be jokes pointed out (otherwise you'd never know what bits were meant to be funny)

But the emotional bits were good too, with Lister in the first episode just going out and talking to the memorial.

The Blade Runner homages were great, especially the scene with the glass. If you're a Blade Runner fan you can enjoy it on a whole different level. Loved how Cat kept making the origami sculptures. (wont spoil what it is)

Pixeltwin definetly check it out, has some of the best Red Dwarf writing in a long time.

meh...... wasnt impressed at all, if i wanted to watch aload of dried up old actors with no talent i would have went to butlins :dunno

some bits were funny, and the Blade Runner theme was pretty good, but it didn't float my boat as much as I thought it would.

Back