Recommendations for Batman Graphic Novels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I read The Long Halloween.
I'm guessing that Nolan took some of the ideas for The Dark Knight from this?
For my first 'proper' Batman graphic novel, I have to say that it was very engrossing. the plot was good and it kept me guessing right up until the end, and Wow! I didn't expect that.
Yeah I think I read somewhere that Nolan was influenced by this graphic novel among others too... It definitely ranks in my top 3 Batman graphic novels, the story is fantastic and IMO Batman works much better as a character on his own without Robin, Nightwing etc...

I haven't read one with robin in yet, but Dark Victory had him in it, so that should be interesting. I never really got to like Robin, he always seemed to be a whinny kid. Especially in the movies and some of the Animated Batman series.

this forum will not even let you type in 'd.i.c.k' Grayson. that's funny :lol

this forum will not even let you type in 'd.i.c.k' Grayson. that's funny :lol

That's because Batman is best on his own. He only gets ruined when you throw in the useless sidekicks. Nolan also shares this viewpoint.

If I had it my way, "Robin" would be banned too :)

That's because Batman is best on his own. He only gets ruined when you throw in the useless sidekicks. Nolan also shares this viewpoint.

If I had it my way, "Robin" would be banned too :)
If not for the great "New Teen Titans," which had a greater run in the early 80s then just about any span of Batman that I've read save Year 1, I would agree. But Grayson Robin rocks.

Back