Real Action Heroes Jango Fett replacement body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.D.H.

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was thinking about ordering a medicom jango fett, so I started reading about the figure, and I noticed a lot of people complained about the tendency for the medicom body to break and crack. So my natural thought was to replace the medicom body with a different brand.

So now my question is, what body will be the best direct fit? Hot toys slim maybe? Or would a DiD or dragon be a better choice of body? Maybe a sideshow body? Will any of them be a direct fit for the hands of medicom jango, or will modification be needed? Thanks for any and all help in advance. :D

-----Jesse-----

don't know about jango, but i've had rah boba fett ever since it was released and haven't had any problems. but then again, it's pretty much been in my display case ever since i took it out of the package. once i put it into a pose that i like, my figures stay that way for looong time.

medicoms are generally shorter than hot toys truetypes, so i would say just be careful with jango and enjoy!

Hey all,

I was thinking about ordering a medicom jango fett, so I started reading about the figure, and I noticed a lot of people complained about the tendency for the medicom body to break and crack. So my natural thought was to replace the medicom body with a different brand.

So now my question is, what body will be the best direct fit? Hot toys slim maybe? Or would a DiD or dragon be a better choice of body? Maybe a sideshow body? Will any of them be a direct fit for the hands of medicom jango, or will modification be needed? Thanks for any and all help in advance. :D

-----Jesse-----

Had my Jango for quite a while now. No breaks so far.

think it should be safe to get one :)

I find their hit and miss.

I've had some RAH figures for years and their fine, others suffer from the dreaded crumbling plastic joints as soon as you touch them.

If you want it - get it. If your gentle it should be OK (Assuming you are buying from a retailer who will exchange if faulty - beware of buying off ebay as it will have been displayed already and some unscrupulous people might re-pack a damaged figure to sell on - check first!)

As for direct hand swaps, not sure. Be prepared for some drilling/sanding/filling if you go the body swap route - it's all good fun!

Hot Toys Slim is perfect for switching Medi bodies. You just need to use the Medi neck. Also the Hot Toys hand pegs should fit into the medi hands easily

Didn't have any breakages when I had either of the Fetts... I know one figure that seemed plagued by breakage was their Comic Spiderman. But honestly don't remember hearing recurrent problems with the Star Wars figures.

I think you'd be safe, just don't toss it around the room pretending they can fly :lol

just don't toss it around the room pretending they can fly :lol

LOL sounds like good fun! :D

Seriously, thanks guys, I'm ordering some true types this week or early next, so I'll order an extra slim just in case. Hopefully I get a solid Jango or Boba.

Darthgothikus mentioned a no-no to ebay, are there any reputable companies with him still in stock? The only 2 I know are like BBTS.com and cornerstorecomics, and both are out of stock. Everywhere else is charging an arm and a leg for him(like 140-150 without shipping). I see most ebay auctions closing around 120 delivered, any retailers matching this price?

If I were you I'd start a Want to Buy thread... Medicom figures are kind of hard to sell on the boards, so you might be able to get one for closer to $100.

EDIT Someone just sold Jango and Boba for $190 shipped last month.

LOL sounds like good fun! :D

Seriously, thanks guys, I'm ordering some true types this week or early next, so I'll order an extra slim just in case. Hopefully I get a solid Jango or Boba.

Darthgothikus mentioned a no-no to ebay, are there any reputable companies with him still in stock? The only 2 I know are like BBTS.com and cornerstorecomics, and both are out of stock. Everywhere else is charging an arm and a leg for him(like 140-150 without shipping). I see most ebay auctions closing around 120 delivered, any retailers matching this price?

That's the non-jacked up original price of most Medi's.

If you ask me, it's a lot to pay for to get a fig that would be " a little short for a stormtrooper"!

Many Medi's go for $200 once they become "rare" ie, most have already been bought once or so.

the HT slim is a pretty good replacement for the medi RAH 301 in term of size. (Did a body swap on my medi boba just for the hell of it) Though I do question the durability of the slim. Mine slim boba took a shelf dive and broke at the hip, a common rah301 weak point.

had My medi boba, jango, and Maul all snap at hips and shoulders when i was packing them up to move into my apartment. ( some broke atthe shoulders, some at the hip, maul ended up with both.)

Posed them once, put them on the shelf and forgot abot them.

Planning to replace the bodies with hot toys slims personaly.

Word to the wise medi figures seem to have a tendency to settle if you leave then alone for a LONG time, so those of you who don't [pose often, BE CAREFUL

odds are, they'll break when you pose them next.

See everybody says to use a slim HT body....does anybody have pics of a medicom fett with a HT slim body?

See everybody says to use a slim HT body....does anybody have pics of a medicom fett with a HT slim body?

here is mine, though the hip joint is broken and there are several pieces removed for the up coming surgery.

DSC04906.jpg

Thanks for that, looks really good. Just the jumpsuit looks a tad short, tell me, when you bend his knees, does his jump suit ride up to show a lot of his ankle/leg?

Thanks for that, looks really good. Just the jumpsuit looks a tad short, tell me, when you bend his knees, does his jump suit ride up to show a lot of his ankle/leg?

yes, it does show his ankles and a bit of his leg. But I do find that you can futze it and cover u more. Overall it didn't bother me much.

Perhaps a pair of socks would be in order? LOL

Any tutorials/pics of how you made his hand pegs fit? And his ankle pegs for that matter.

Perhaps a pair of socks would be in order? LOL

Any tutorials/pics of how you made his hand pegs fit? And his ankle pegs for that matter.

Didn't take any pix during the process. But its pretty simple. I trimmed/shaved the HT feet down to roughly the same size as the rah feet. Then boiled the boots and shove the HT feet in. As for the hands I cut off the medi pegs and drilled holes for the HT pegs. I also trimmed the HT pegs a bit to make them fit better. Now I have read people who simply drill the HT arm to make them fit the medi pegs, that sounds like a simpler way to do than what I did, but I wanted to add more articulation to the hands.

Back