Ready to take my Predator collection to the next level!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Predator 1 should I get?

• Cinemaquette Predator (CM) get the big one!

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • Sideshow Maquette--this is all you need

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Sideshow exclusive maquette--you need the helmet

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • Neither too expensive just hot toys is enough

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • FTW, both! sell your kids

Votes: 10 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Steve Wang made that cm statue based on his own interpretation of what the P1 should have looked like, so no, it was never meant to be accurate to the film.

...of what the P1 "should" have looked like?? I think what the P1 should look like is what is presented in the film!! That reminds me of Bill Hick's joke about people who believe that the bible is the exact word of God and then they go and change it - "I think what God meant to say...."

Of course, I'm only saying this in principle, I actually have no idea what the CMs innaccuracies are.

i don't think there's much point in collecting statues. they're just big dust-collecting paperweights. i always get bored with the static poses and end up going back to posable figures. besides, the 1:6 medium has really been taking off recently and the quality is catching up with statues anyway.

Statues are paperweights? I'm sorry this post is downright idiotic.

The available Sideshow & CM Maquettes POOP on all 1:6 Predators made to date.

...of what the P1 "should" have looked like?? I think what the P1 should look like is what is presented in the film!! That reminds me of Bill Hick's joke about people who believe that the bible is the exact word of God and then they go and change it - "I think what God meant to say...."

Of course, I'm only saying this in principle, I actually have no idea what the CMs innaccuracies are.

In this case, since Wang worked on the actual suit from Predator, his interpretation of the Predator is generally deemed acceptable. I think if you got the same statue from some random artist, it would be less liked/accepted in the Pred fan circles. Of course the only real issue with it is the head being a little oddly shaped and the large span of the mandibles. Unfortunately, they happen to be the Preds most defining characteristics. I personally dont mind his interpretation, but I definitely like owning the most accurately scaled Pred piece to come out so far, the maquette.

For the amount of money Cinemaquette charged for that piece, there's no excuse for it not to be screen accurate. If I want an artist's interpretation of something, I'll go back to real high-end collecting and get back into oils and Japanese watercolors.

then get the SS version. thats why it is a piece of art, Wang already knew SS had a screen accurate scan of the piece, so why do something already done? again, its not like his interpretation hurt the sales and the overall value of the piece. you dont hear ppl that have it complaining. if I wasnt getting a full size P1 statue, i would have gone with the cm piece.

its what he felt it should have looked like, the differences are minor, but its his interpretation since he originally worked on the first 2, im sure he wanted to give the piece his own twist to it. obviously it never hurt the sales of the piece since everyone knows Wang worked on the original to begin with.

i think you should build an army of p2 elder predators from hot toys

make it your goal to get 300 of them no more no less.

Good luck finding the Cinemaquette. I called them today and they said it was done with eventough their site shows it. Guy said Bruce Lee, Indy, and Superman is all they had to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back