READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREORDER NOW! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

I'm a little confused on the suit. On one figure it is a blue pinstripe with a white shirt and unpleasant tie. On the other, it appears to be a black pinstripe with a blue shirt and pink/red tie. Are there two suits available, or different for the regular set vs. DX set?

The suit that you see in the promos is the style that will come with this set. Same style that you see with him in the overcoat in my pics.

The purple tie/grey suit is a TDKR Wayne suit that they just showcase with their Bale sculpt but it has nothing to do with the Bateman release.

The grey suit is actually really nice and I picked one up at Famcon

I remember you said that they were going to improve it, and Denny said that they got a better material from HK but to me it looks like the same exact material in the promos. I can't see the thickness of the lapel but the pinstripe looks the same to me.

Maybe I misunderstood him and he meant that they changed it but it wasn't the one at the show :dunno I interpreted it as that was the new suit being shown but I can't see much difference.

Got anything to cure my confusion? :lol

I spoke to Denny about this at the show. The figure was on the new body and new suit. It definitely looked better then the proto pics so I knew something was up. Hence why I asked. Looked fantastic in person if you can't already tell from the pics.

This is looking to be Iminime's best release to date! (Cowers from the Cowboy Crowd) :lol

I'm a little confused on the suit. On one figure it is a blue pinstripe with a white shirt and unpleasant tie. On the other, it appears to be a black pinstripe with a blue shirt and pink/red tie. Are there two suits available, or different for the regular set vs. DX set?

The suit on the regular head is a Bruce Wayne stand in suit. We will be getting the one on the open mouth photos. Its a nie suit which I redressed my they live figure with. Miles better than my old TTL suit!

Denny said the figure will be shipping mid July if everything is on track.

I spoke to Denny about this at the show. The figure was on the new body and new suit. It definitely looked better then the proto pics so I knew something was up. Hence why I asked. Looked fantastic in person if you can't already tell from the pics.

This is looking to be Iminime's best release to date! (Cowers from the Cowboy Crowd) :lol

Don't cower from them! I got your back bro!! :lol

This IS Iminime's best full figure production yet hands down. I don't count The Cowboy because it's a colab but to me they are still neck and neck if you were to compare.

My confusion with the suit is this: It's hard to see that thickness of the material since it was mostly covered by the coat. To me it looks like the same exact pinstripe which is very distinct because it's not solid; it's dotted or dashed. So unless Denny went to HK and found the same exact pattern on a thinner material, by eye it really appears to be the same from the little we see poking thru the coat.

This IS Iminime's best full figure production yet hands down. I don't count The Cowboy because it's a colab but to me they are still neck and neck if you were to compare.

My confusion with the suit is this: It's hard to see that thickness of the material since it was mostly covered by the coat. To me it looks like the same exact pinstripe which is very distinct because it's not solid; it's dotted or dashed. So unless Denny went to HK and found the same exact pattern on a thinner material, by eye it really appears to be the same from the little we see poking thru the coat.

:duff They are neck in neck if you put if like that! Both headsculpts on both figures are to die for! Can't wait for either really! :panic:

As for the outfit now I see what your saying. I was talking about the overall fit of the coat and suit on the figure compared to the bulky look of proto pics. It looked very natural in person. Denny had also confirmed it was all new material on an all new body and he was very excited about that! Of course I'm not grabbing the bible on this though so I guess well wait and see for now. :lol

Also the head size which I always had fear of being too small was perfect in person. :rock

Pop, I really like the grey suit as well.

The suit that you see in the promos is the style that will come with this set. Same style that you see with him in the overcoat in my pics.

The purple tie/grey suit is a TDKR Wayne suit that they just showcase with their Bale sculpt but it has nothing to do with the Bateman release.

The grey suit is actually really nice and I picked one up at Famcon

Yeah the suits are nice. I regret not buying the TDKR suit at famcon. The figure and sculp look incredible in person.

The suit on the regular head is a Bruce Wayne stand in suit. We will be getting the one on the open mouth photos. Its a nie suit which I redressed my they live figure with. Miles better than my old TTL suit!

:duff They are neck in neck if you put if like that! Both headsculpts on both figures are to die for! Can't wait for either really! :panic:

As for the outfit now I see what your saying. I was talking about the overall fit of the coat and suit on the figure compared to the bulky look of proto pics. It looked very natural in person. Denny had also confirmed it was all new material on an all new body and he was very excited about that! Of course I'm not grabbing the bible on this though so I guess well wait and see for now. :lol

Also the head size which I always had fear of being too small was perfect in person. :rock

*Ahem* FEAR ME! Nah, you guys know how protective I am with The Cowboy, but I'd say that, in terms of quality, these are about equal. Just to put things in perspective, I've been in for Clint since square one, as I love the character. Bale's one of my favorite actors of all time, but Bateman never fit my tastes enough for me to want a figure of him (I really liked the movie, but there are quite a few other Bale characters that I'd rather have, if you catch my drift:lol). Honestly, though, after seeing what this project has become, if I had the spare coin lying around, this would be impulse buy número uno.

I just watched the movie again this afternoon, with my wife this time. She really got lost at the end. When it was over, I said "Isn't this a great movie?" She says, it was "ok" and walks away. I just don't get her sometimes.

July!? Thought June!?

I just watched the movie again this afternoon, with my wife this time. She really got lost at the end. When it was over, I said "Isn't this a great movie?" She says, it was "ok" and walks away. I just don't get her sometimes.

It's a challenging movie (and book). It so weird and multilayered and can be interpreted in so many ways that you almost can't be satisfied if you sit down to watch it as a 'normal' movie. Too many wtf moments. I enjoyed it far more on second viewing even though I'd read the book before the movie had even come out and kind of new what toexpect

Wake, I hear what you are saying and completely agree. Did you take it as he was medicated and having psychotic episodes, imagining everything? What threw me was that the doorman called him Mr. Smith, his attorney called him by a different name, and of course the others knew him as Bateman. Did he tell certain people he was a different person? I'm curious how others read into this movie.

I can confirm from my conversation with Denny that due to the modifications in his clothing and production on those accessories the shipping time has been slightly delayed. However they are trying their best to ship these out by the end of this month or, if not, July...

Wake, I hear what you are saying and completely agree. Did you take it as he was medicated and having psychotic episodes, imagining everything? What threw me was that the doorman called him Mr. Smith, his attorney called him by a different name, and of course the others knew him as Bateman. Did he tell certain people he was a different person? I'm curious how others read into this movie.

I took it that he actually was a psycho that killed all of those people but because everyone around him was so concerned with style and the cool things, he was able to get away with it. He was mistaken by people because in the grand scheme of things he was a bit of a loser and looked down upon as a dork. The only person that actually knew what was going on or what had happened was the woman seeking Paul Allen's apartment.

My birthday is in July so this is my present to myself!

That is the view I stared with, when he would make comments and everybody heard what they wanted to hear instead of what he was actually saying. There were too many oddities, in my opinion, killing the police, etc. that this had to have become something in his head. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

Last edited:

Too me its just a very well made comedy film... thats it. The guy's mind is sick... so his reality and fantasy are pretty much the one and the same. The audience is made to share it... hence the confusion. Reading the book gives a better insight because when narrated in that jarring manner in the first person perspective you do realise how disjointed his whole perception of his life has become...

I found it hilarious

Too me its just a very well made comedy film... thats it. The guy's mind is sick... so his reality and fantasy are pretty much the one and the same. The audience is made to share it... hence the confusion. Reading the book gives a better insight because when narrated in that jarring manner in the first person perspective you do realise how disjointed his whole perception of his life has become...

I found it hilarious

It is hilarious! Too many great lines in the film too!

I found it hilarious

See, I disagree ONLY in the sense that its MUCH more than a comedy film. Its a satire. There's a large part of the movie thats devoted to smartly satirizing the materialistic and superficial nature of society and relationships. Its almost a morality tale in that respect. Of course its exagerrated for effect, but its brilliant in that it paints a picture of a world thats so self-absorbed that a girl in a club cant tell the difference between Mergers and Aqusitions and Murders and Executions. Of course you could argue that Patrick never says Mergers and Acquisitions but in the end its the multi-layered and varying readings that make it much more than a comedy, although that certainly is ONE WAY to look at it.

I got to return some videotapes.

There were some pretty funny lines. I do find myself laughing throughout the movie as it is so unrealistic as realism, yet so real as a commentary on society.

Back