READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman FIRST WIP of Sculpt!

Its cool they decided on that expression. I'm definitely in as that was one of my favorite expressions

What happened to the List?

PS. No one goes to Dorsia Anymore...:lol

Last edited:

If the expression was good enough for them to pick to promote and represent the movie, it is good enough to promote and represent my figure. :)

Anyway, I too would like to know what happened to the interest list on page 1?

Large Pictures of The Head-Sculpt Update I - Screaming Headsculpt (September 7, 2012)

ieozk3.jpg
That is awesome!! Not a fan of this character, but that is a terrific expression for him. You won't be mistaking that for Bruce Wayne :D

Do people on the interest list get first dibs a la Demon's Head?

I was disappointed by the sculpt choice but the more I look at it, the more I like it. It's looking pretty wicked. It'll be interesting to see, if 2 sculpts are made, how this will be offered.

That is awesome!! Not a fan of this character, but that is a terrific expression for him. You won't be mistaking that for Bruce Wayne :D

:goodpost: Great choice and likeness...Christian Bale in a suit was gonna be to close to BW...this should be very distinctive and a visually arresting display.

I'm trying to listen to the new Robert Palmer tape, and all my fellow Freaks keep buzzing in my ear about Wayne...

I'm sorry my brothers but I have to seriously respectively disagree. There are us die hard fans, that can recite this movie backwards, and have seen it realisticly 30 times before Begins even hit the big screen. And GOD knows how many times before TDK came and really set the franchise on fire. Those who held this movie in their all time top 1-5 can easily see things from the flipside and based on that same theory say Wayne looks too much like Bateman. But we don't because it's easy to tell the difference.

Just because both characters are Bale in a suit shouldn't even confuse the most casual of fan. These supposed subtle differences are GLARING differences. Anyone who would confuse your Bateman fig for Wayne while posed on your shelf holding a knife and sporting a empty, heartless, sociopathic look, never seen either movie.

But I do get it. The desire to see something dramaticly different in Bale comes from this f__kin' flood of Wayne :lol But as a huge American Psycho fan, I've yet to see one Wayne sculpt, be it HT or custom, that would be sutible for Bateman. The persona in the expression is COMPLETELY different.

The cold stare isn't a netural expression. It's a powerful one that speaks volumes about the character. And the screaming promo is the only one of it's kind. The other 3-4 are all cold.

I agree with PopCultKid.

There's so many subtle expressions that can be done that would be flat out bateman. Plus his hair is different than BW altogether anyway... I'm actually not even considering getting this figure now and I love the character and movie and author.

I know iminime threads turn into *****fests but this time I think it is warranted. Im not *****ingabout how Asian looking Alfred's eyes are I'm usually defending iminime on those threads but I really think this expression choice was a bogus move especially after we had a poll going and if this was even on it, it surely was in the vast minority of choices.

I too would never use any HT or otherwise head for Bateman. I have an Adam head painted by iminime too and it's awesome and i wouldn't even use it to replace this head.

Head is awesome, perfect expression for Pat, thanks so much Denny and team! This will definately be a pick up based on that head, best extreme way to set it apart from a Bruce Wayne.

I agree with PopCultKid.

There's so many subtle expressions that can be done that would be flat out bateman. Plus his hair is different than BW altogether anyway... I'm actually not even considering getting this figure now and I love the character and movie and author.

I know iminime threads turn into *****fests but this time I think it is warranted. Im not *****ingabout how Asian looking Alfred's eyes are I'm usually defending iminime on those threads but I really think this expression choice was a bogus move especially after we had a poll going and if this was even on it, it surely was in the vast minority of choices.

I too would never use any HT or otherwise head for Bateman. I have an Adam head painted by iminime too and it's awesome and i wouldn't even use it to replace this head.

One comment and then Im not going to say anything else.
I'm with Raymond. I think if the poll was to decide whether or not this figure should be made, then I feel that it should have more influence on which expression is going to be produced. If it was something the team wanted to do that would be different but it seems to me that this was started because of the want of the buyers. Just my opinion.

This hasn't swayed me either way, yet.

I agree with PopCultKid.

Well, hopefully, if 2 sculpts are made...we can choose which one we want. I find it odd that everyone has jumped on the cold stare sculpt being the second choice when, I believe, open mouth smirk was getting the most votes.

I think this sculpt will look really good but it is definitely very limiting on poses depending on accessories. It kind of takes it into Jason, Freddy, Michael Myers territory when I don't view Bateman as that type of character.

But, I'm interested to see where this will go and reserve judgement until a final prototype and details are released.

Yup to Rob & Ray.

I understand Iminime's artistic standpoint and I love that they want to challange themselves and push the envolope. But they are selling their art as a business at the same time.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Denny or the team. I always state that I'm a huge Iminime fan and always express my apprecation for them. But there is an A.P. fanbase here that I believe understands the character a little better than Iminime.

My understanding is they just recently watched the movie because the demand for this character is begging them to produce a figure. I think that those of us (*AHEM*) that have watched this movie countless amounts of times over the last 12 years, have watched it in it's entirity with both Marry Harron's and Guinevere Turner's commentaries, and have read the book see this character a little differently.

Love that expression. Looking forward to the final product.

I'm with the side that like this head. It's something different, and me speaking as just a casual fan of the film, I know that expression. That is American Psycho to me.

Plus the likeness is crazy good already. Who wants an Iminime Bruce wayne? :lol Just joking. BUT BUT! We could have the mouth from the Bateman for this:

the-dark-knight-rises-behing-the-scenes-batman-vs-bane.jpg

:lol

Screaming head looks very cool, but will only get if this has two portraits.

all i have to say is its bateman i dont care what expression im still buying it

Large Pictures of The Head-Sculpt Update I - Screaming Headsculpt (September 7, 2012)

ieozk3.jpg

Regardless of the *****ing, look how amazing that looks, it's incredibly difficult to do such an open mouth, this looks better then the laughing Joker from HT imo already. And its on par with Adam's Bale, so whoever sculpted this, way to go, you rock. :clap

i'm with raymond, Kid, and robbie. i was a bit shocked when i opened the thread this morning to find this as the WIP. i dont mean any disrespect but as a huge fan of the movie (i cant even count the number of times ive watched it, this promotional image doesnt speak for the movie character. never once does he have a simmilar expression in the film, and of all the promotional images it was my least favorite.
Bale is a true actor, and one that all of us other actors admire and respect and watch with a keen eye; there is no mistaking one Bale performance for another for many reasons, such as his physicality and voice work to name a couple. i dont see how anyone could confuse his Bateman with his Wayne--other than to say that they are (generally speaking) wealthy and well formed physically. but even the physical prowess they each display is different.
a proper Bateman sculpt would never be confused with Wayne.
i am also wondering what happened to the list. i realize denny and co dont have to listen to us, and no hard feelings. but i am hopeful that a second sculpt, one which stands in dire contrast to the manic look of the WIP might be made available as i am pretty certain many of us would go for it.
i mean rewatch the movie guys and listen to how bateman describes himself in the opening. and by the time you come to the ending you see how brilliant it is because that cold facade of his is one in a crowd, indistinguishable to the point of invisibility. a fact which allows him to literally get away with murder.
ok i'll stop now...

never once does he have a simmilar expression in the film,

Wrong he does indeed make this face when he drops the chainsaw down the steps, go back and rewatch that scene. I for some reason, feel theres another similar scene where he also makes this face but can't think of it atm, on the phone with his lawyer during the confession perhaps?

Back